flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Shocking New Fur Investigation

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Quote:
Shocking New Fur Investigation

Eighty-five percent of the fur industry’s skins come from animals living captive on fur factory farms. These farms can hold thousands of animals, and the practices used to farm them are remarkably uniform around the globe. As with other intensive-confinement animal farms, the methods used on fur factory farms are designed to maximize profits, always at the expense of the animals.

WARNING: The video is of heavy carnage content, don't watch it if you get impressed easy. You have been warned.
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=fur_farm&Player=wm&speed=_med

My Opinion: Apart of the stupid humans that buys products with animals skin, is really necessary to extract the skin when the animal isn't dead yet? Perhaps we should slowly extract the employees' testicles without anesthesia (and still alive of course), later the eyes, and keep removing parts of the body until the prehistoric employees die. Of course nothing of this would exists if no one buy this, but it is also true that the method employed wouldn't be practiced if some people accept that does not deserve the right to life. I'm angry! Evil or Very Mad
Post 04 Sep 2007, 01:18
kohlrak

kohlrak
and of course, there's always a synthetic environment for hair folicles where you could just grow and grow and grow and grow, and induce hormones to the folicles to get them to grow faster and much easier to replace, especially you use genetics... though development of such a thing would be expensive, in the long run, it would pay off. No activists, more fur, more space, smaller staff, etc. =p
Post 04 Sep 2007, 05:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MichaelH

MichaelH
Quote:

Apart of the stupid humans that buys products with animals skin

I agree that animal cruelty deserves the punishment you describe but a possum deserve a batten to the head!!!!!!

New Zealand's native wild life, flora and fauna have been devastated by possums introduced by man from Australia. Once these pests were kept under control (well, more so than now) by a fur trade. Now many species are extinct (that's right EXTINCT ... never to be seen again) and many other species are on the verge of extinction.

As a boy I did my part and killed hundreds of thousand of the predictors and I am proud of it, now, thanks to the people who went about spitting on people who wore fur without thinking about the consequences of their actions, even our country's emblem, the kiwi, is on it's last legs Sad ..... I wish I could really express to you the amount of the devastation and the sheer grief I feel when I see 1000 year old trees dead because of these vermin, how I feel when I see the 1080 poison dropped from planes polluting our ecosystem, it's really sad Sad

So how about instead of criticising people who wear fur, in future ask them is that NZ possum fur. If it is, thank them for doing their part to save many endangered species, if not, then spit on them.
Post 06 Sep 2007, 03:12
DOS386

DOS386
> Shocking New Fur Investigation

It's not new (this video maybe is, but not this type of video) Sad

> WARNING: The video is of heavy carnage content, don't watch it

I did Sad

> I'm angry!

Me too Crying or Very sad

Title: Hello World program compiles to 100 KB !!!

Post 06 Sep 2007, 21:50
Embrance

Embrance
Well guys have in mind some facts:
First,people need animal fur in cold places.All other stuff,like wearing animal fur just to show up and be a smart ass sucks ass,and the same goes for people who wear the fur.They suck ass.
Second,the employees are told to work this way. If their bosses wanted them to work a proper way they would instruct them to do so. And last but not least,no matter how you look at it,by forcing,feeding,breeding animals this way ends up in worst for us as we are the ones who eat them in the end.
Post 07 Sep 2007, 05:21
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
DustWolf

DustWolf
Embrance wrote:
Well guys have in mind some facts:
First,people need animal fur in cold places.

First, synthetic materials which take less energy (hence money) to make are better at insulation than fur of any animal dead or alive today.

There are also things like synthetic fur (there is no actual need to grow bioengeered fur, it is very easily synthesized, since it is really actually nothing more than a bunch of solid theads).

Bad excuse.
Post 07 Sep 2007, 11:31
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
The bosses tells to them please laugh at the animal suffering and play with it as much as possible?

Please forget my warning for a moment and watch the video
Post 07 Sep 2007, 14:12
Embrance

Embrance
Maybe the bosses dotn tell them to laught at them,but what did you expect?
Boss:Guys,while killing those poor animals tell them jokes so they laught while you slaughter them,ok?
Post 07 Sep 2007, 18:58
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
The bosses could just tell: kill the animal first, work on it later. However they seem to have a big time looking how the animal suffers by the method employed and the pre-working games they do with them.

BTW, you watched the video, right?
Post 07 Sep 2007, 19:09
DustWolf

DustWolf
LocoDelAssembly wrote:
The bosses could just tell: kill the animal first, work on it later. However they seem to have a big time looking how the animal suffers by the method employed and the pre-working games they do with them.

Usually the idea is to skin them first since the fur could be damaged when the animal would be killed, hence loss of fur surface. Unacceptable to your average capitalist.
Post 07 Sep 2007, 20:17
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Wierd considering that in the video you can see how they violently drop the animals to the floor and also you can see how one "person" (if deserves the category), steps on the animal's head and neck violently. The fur can't be damaged in that situation because the animal still lives? (this is part of what I called pre-working time games).
Post 07 Sep 2007, 21:10
Embrance

Embrance
Since you asked soooo many time,not only I have watched this video but at least about 40 similar till today.So what?Yes its disgusting,but hell,what can WE do about this?Dont buy fur?I dont.
Post 08 Sep 2007, 02:28
DustWolf

DustWolf
Embrance wrote:
Since you asked soooo many time,not only I have watched this video but at least about 40 similar till today.So what?Yes its disgusting,but hell,what can WE do about this?Dont buy fur?I dont.

Aseembly programers bitch often about things we can't change. It's become a kind of a habit.

But some day we will take over the world and set things right and ban C and fur trading.
Post 08 Sep 2007, 22:00
Embrance

Embrance
Hell,yes lets ban C.I've poersonally banned since the very first day i coded,since i actually hhavent write a single working program(not even a Hello World one)
Post 09 Sep 2007, 02:42

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: