flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Please categorize your self here. plz.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Your come to this board because:
I'm a professional programmer and need to know this stuff for my work.
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
I'm a hobby programmer and just like asm.
75%
 75%  [ 27 ]
I'm forced to learn some asm and that's why I had to come here.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other reasons.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
ur location looks cool, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar
u can convert those access program into visual basic Razz Evil or Very Mad and earn some $$
Post 05 Aug 2007, 19:04
Furby

Furby
2 ... normaly I'm C#/C++ programmer and my hobby are programing languages Python,Ruby,Java,Asm,Lisp etc Smile I'm writing my own programming language but still it is in planing "mode"
Post 05 Aug 2007, 20:00
rugxulo

rugxulo
I'm just a wimpy DOS hobbyist, but it's fun at least. And I also enjoy reading everybody's posts (and trying their proggies, heh) on this forum. It's a nice place. Smile
Post 06 Aug 2007, 15:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
I just had to answer the second one Smile Nobody's forcing me and it isn't a job wither. I just LOVE assembly. Btw, who wouldn't it they could handcraft this: http://www.theprodukkt.com/debris/

I just stumbled on this a while ago, though 'the produkkt' itself isn't that new.
Post 07 Aug 2007, 07:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
I was 2, now I'm 1.
Post 07 Aug 2007, 08:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Octavio

Octavio
2nd option ,would like to be 1 but no job for asm programmers in spain.
Post 08 Aug 2007, 10:32
MazeGen

MazeGen
Octavio: there are no anti-virus, anti-spyware or anti-cracking companies in Spain?
Post 08 Aug 2007, 15:35
OzzY

OzzY
I'm computer science student, hobby programmer and willing to become professional programmer which will also be a hobby, so working on what I like I expect to be good at it.
Post 08 Aug 2007, 17:01
Octavio

Octavio
MazeGen wrote:
Octavio: there are no anti-virus, anti-spyware or anti-cracking companies in Spain?

I don´t know, but even if they exist ,they probably search a visualbasic
programmer with university diploma and professional experience.Also the salaire is pretty low in most cases, i win more as electricist.
Post 08 Aug 2007, 23:07
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Octavio: that is weird... we have few such companies in Slovakia/Czech (about 5), that need asm or C/asm programmers, and they pay enough. probably because there are so few asm programmers these days.
Post 09 Aug 2007, 00:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
Octavio, one specific example. Local AV company (Grisoft - AVG) is searching for long time for "low-level" programmers. They are now forced to search all over the Europe and make some abroad programmers to move here. They don't expect university, all what you need is some experience with asm (and a little C).
Post 09 Aug 2007, 06:07
Dex4u

Dex4u
MazeGen wrote:
Octavio, one specific example. Local AV company (Grisoft - AVG) is searching for long time for "low-level" programmers. They are now forced to search all over the Europe and make some abroad programmers to move here. They don't expect university, all what you need is some experience with asm (and a little C).

If they were searching for long time for "low-level" programmers, why do they not post on this or other ASM forums ?.
Post 09 Aug 2007, 17:16
Octavio

Octavio
MazeGen wrote:

Good to know that there are still jobs for asm programmers,it seems they need people to reverse enginiering the virus code.The job is not in spain
but could be interesting.But is very strange that they don´t found people on a country with 15 millions people in a zone where there are various asm programmers (rusia,polonia,germany) ,perhaps posting in some asm board would help ,or perhaps they reject most candidates.
Post 10 Aug 2007, 00:09
MazeGen

MazeGen
Dex4u:
They don't post, they watch. They offer me a job because they got me know on local asm board. I can't be more specific, but they are also hiring one reverser from eastern europe. They found him either on one of reversing boards or on an IRC.

Octavio:
Yes, reverse engineering of viruses, writing heuristic analysis of machine code, writing emulators and unpackers.

As for Czech and Slovak, there's a big asmers pressure. There are four (!) AV companies (Alwil, Grisoft, Zoner Software, Eset), one anti-cracking company, and at least one Linux (kernel?) developing center (one headhunter told me this).
Post 10 Aug 2007, 08:01

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: