flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Can we start a virus section?

Can we start a virus section?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic

Can we start a virus section?

(\
 /\  

Post 27 Jul 2007, 12:32
Furby

Furby
I voted NO Smile

think it over Wink

CHILDREN !!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post 27 Jul 2007, 20:36
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Post 27 Jul 2007, 20:40
DOS386

DOS386
> Can we start a virus section?

YES. I have no problem with virii. OTOH, I personally prefer developing good stuff from attacking the bad one with virii - there are enough other "developers" doing so, no need to do so also for me Laughing

> board member version 0.1

We will see at what version you'll get banned Laughing
Post 27 Jul 2007, 21:38
mattst88

mattst88
FYI:

The plural of virus is viruses. Not virii. Virii means 'men' in Latin.
Post 28 Jul 2007, 03:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Most of the guys seem fearful about the idea itself!
Post 28 Jul 2007, 04:23

Furby wrote:
I voted NO Smile

think it over Wink

CHILDREN !!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Chooo Chweet!
You wanna hava a chocolate Smile

(\
 /\  

Post 28 Jul 2007, 04:24

Twisted Evil I did not mean to scare every one here Twisted Evil
But a Virus section is very useful & informative Cool

(\
 /\  

Post 28 Jul 2007, 08:17
kohlrak

kohlrak
It's very useful if not developed in... The problem is that anything we discover or make could attract other little flies all over the place comming here for our virus material, not giving a damn about us, tomasz, fasm, or even order on the boards. Plus, then we'd have to live with ourselves that our own virus is being used out there for whatever purpose (jelousy, revenge, and whatnot), even against us.

Don't get me wrong, i see the stuff interesting, but i don't see a point in destroying this place or promote malicious behavior with fasm. Considering Tomasz made this program free out of kindness of heart, i doubt he wants it used for in-kindness of heart.
Post 28 Jul 2007, 10:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
how bout a section that discuss how to cure an infected OS using fasm? so, maybe a fasm antivirus section? so wat we do it, we gather virus, analyze how they works commonly, or in a special way. we categorize them, then for fame, maybe coder could write a sort of patch, or a small exe that once executed, would kill that virus and restore the system to normal.

chicken virus = those that infect registry, then on boot or run
normal advance virus = those that modified windows dll files and tied their code into.
super virus = those rootkits that need lot of time to detect and repair.
Post 28 Jul 2007, 12:20
f0dder

f0dder
Viruses are dull pieces of shit... there's no reasons whatsoever to do malicious code just to learn about PE file format, code generation engines, et cetera.

I don't see anything wrong in discussing those topics isolated, as there's plenty of use for things like code generators in copy protection. But a "virus section"? Go hang yourself, scriptkiddiot.
Post 28 Jul 2007, 12:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furby

Furby
f0dder wrote:
Viruses are dull pieces of shit... there's no reasons whatsoever to do malicious code just to learn about PE file format, code generation engines, et cetera.

I don't see anything wrong in discussing those topics isolated, as there's plenty of use for things like code generators in copy protection. But a "virus section"? Go hang yourself, scriptkiddiot.

Your right Exclamation

Post 28 Jul 2007, 12:40

Looks like f0dder has taken it too much ethically!!!
Okay, if it is a nice little cool place for the good at hearts to hang out!
I'll try other places for Virus information but (do not blame Prevalov for that)
I'll be using fasm to write my Virus!

PS: A ... excuse me f0dder did you voted NO! Wink
Post 28 Jul 2007, 12:42
DustWolf

DustWolf
sleepsleep wrote:
how bout a section that discuss how to cure an infected OS using fasm? so, maybe a fasm antivirus section? so wat we do it, we gather virus, analyze how they works commonly, or in a special way. we categorize them, then for fame, maybe coder could write a sort of patch, or a small exe that once executed, would kill that virus and restore the system to normal.

chicken virus = those that infect registry, then on boot or run
normal advance virus = those that modified windows dll files and tied their code into.
super virus = those rootkits that need lot of time to detect and repair.

FASM antivirus project! I'm in. ^^
Post 28 Jul 2007, 13:58
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
Quote:
I'll be using fasm to write my Virus!

Too bad you don't have a virus watch organization out there, that looks for messages like these and waits about a month or two then takes legal action to get a search warrent for their country and confescates the computer and proves that the person made the virus terrorizing everyone.

Quote:

Well, i don't completely agree. Some things like the glitch mentioned in my BSOD post a while back are interesting to learn about, but can't be experienced without coding it in the way that creates the bsod, right? Hardly something that should be underlooked, for some one could make an internet app that uses that for server messages, and a hacker could take advantage of that and bsod some one if they got in the server. Considering some of the side effects of the BSOD, i'd rather be kick banned from a hacked server than having my hard drive corrupted because of a glitch with the BSOD along with a glitch using that function that called the BSOD. I would imagin many programmers don't know about that thing, and that particular function is very appealing for use as a server side news messages or such to a client. Though, i do agree that writing code with malicious *INTENT* is not neccessary. BSODing yourself shouldn't be considered malicious. I'm sure there are other vulnerabilities out there, as well, and exploiting them in controled conditions could educate some one on what to watch out for.
Post 29 Jul 2007, 04:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
There's a difference between programming a proof-of-concept to show there's an operating system bug, and writing malicious code with no good intentions.
Post 29 Jul 2007, 17:54
kohlrak

kohlrak
f0dder wrote:
There's a difference between programming a proof-of-concept to show there's an operating system bug, and writing malicious code with no good intentions.

That's what i mean. Malicious code is ok, as long as it wasn't made with malicious intentions.
Post 29 Jul 2007, 23:11

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: