flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Most faulty programming language

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Most faulty programming language
FASM
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
NASM / YASM
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other ASM's (GAS, MA$M, TASM ideal)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
FreePASCAL
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
FreeBASIC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
C++
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
E
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
QuakBASIC
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Fortran
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cobol
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Java
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Python
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
VB .NET or similar .NET stuff
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Other
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DOS386

DOS386

Title: Hello World program compiles to 100 KB !!!

Post 26 Jul 2007, 06:50
MHajduk

MHajduk
I hate C++. Really. Smile
Post 26 Jul 2007, 09:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
MHajduk: C++ probably hates you as well. Smile

Imho this is a stupid poll, it ought to group languages together (ie, "Assembly", "Pascal", "BASIC") - in it's current form, it's a mix of programming languages (D, C++) and specific implementations. Schizophrenic. And at least you could have included PowerBASIC Wink
Post 26 Jul 2007, 10:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
f0dder wrote:
MHajduk: C++ probably hates you as well. Smile
Quite possible. Wink I always have problems with its horrible syntax. Smile
Post 26 Jul 2007, 10:48
HyperVista

HyperVista
This link provides a humorous heirarchical view of programming languages and how those who program in them view themselves in the "pecking order". Enjoy! Very Happy
Post 26 Jul 2007, 11:11
MHajduk

MHajduk
Interesting diagram. Smile I saw it already somewhere.

BTW. It's my 222th, "palindromic" post. Smile
Post 26 Jul 2007, 11:18
shoorick

shoorick
Diagram lacks Forth! Wink its positon should be similar to Lisp there Wink
Post 26 Jul 2007, 11:46
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
It depends on what you mean by "faulty"? Just because someone may hate a language doesn't mean it is faulty.
Post 26 Jul 2007, 14:39
kohlrak

kohlrak
Java's faulty. I heard a few stories about "breaking the java theory." They were interesting.
Post 26 Jul 2007, 15:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
kohlrak: You claim java is faulty because you heard interesting stories saying that? Any links or references or something?
Post 26 Jul 2007, 15:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
A few links but i've lost them with the assumption that it didn't matter since no one would listen anyway. But i think one of the examples was runescape. I heard it works with everything accept linux, but it's a java coded web-app game that should have been destroyed years ago.
Post 26 Jul 2007, 16:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
mattst88

mattst88
HyperVista wrote:
This link provides a humorous heirarchical view of programming languages and how those who program in them view themselves in the "pecking order". Enjoy! Very Happy

I've seen that before, but I still can't believe how much truth there is in that single image. Smile

Post 26 Jul 2007, 18:56
kohlrak

kohlrak
mattst88 wrote:
HyperVista wrote:

I've seen that before, but I still can't believe how much truth there is in that single image. Smile

It's so true. XD With the exception of lately that the java and C++ people think they're better than assembly people.
Post 26 Jul 2007, 19:17
Yardman

Yardman
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by Yardman on 17 Jan 2012, 18:10; edited 1 time in total
Post 26 Jul 2007, 19:57
Borsuc

Borsuc
.NET sucks bad
Post 26 Jul 2007, 19:59
f0dder

f0dder
kohlrak wrote:

It's so true. XD With the exception of lately that the java and C++ people think they're better than assembly people.

s/think/know ^_^
Post 26 Jul 2007, 22:44
rugxulo

rugxulo
I've never heard of a real "E" language, but QuakBASIC probably means QuickBASIC.

Anyways, I don't think assembly programmers think themselves superior to anyone (I don't, but I obviously suck). It's just that some languages are SO FULL OF @$%@$^ that it seems impossible that anyone could understand (much less enjoy) such brain rot. And yet they get so much hype (shaddup already, if it's so great, why is it being completely rewritten???).

Too much unjustified hype (IMO): Python, Perl, Java, C#, C++, C, TASM, MASM, etc.
Post 26 Jul 2007, 23:17
f0dder

f0dder
rugxulo wrote:

Too much unjustified hype (IMO)

you'll find that anywhere where there's enough followers that there's zealots... for languages without a large userbase, the percentage of zealots is higher, so the users of the language will seem even worse (PowerBASIC, anybody?).

Funny that you didn't mention RUBY on that list, btw, it's one of the most hyped languages at the moment Smile

Oh, and a PS: just because something's hyped doesn't mean it's not a good thing. Plenty of good things about Python, Perl, C/C++, and even C# (at least as a language, the current dotNET implemetation might be a bit ho-humm).
Post 26 Jul 2007, 23:46
kohlrak

kohlrak
Quote:
Funny that you didn't mention RUBY on that list, btw, it's one of the most hyped languages at the moment

I still don't even know what ruby's for. Outside of the hiarchy chart and that reply, i have never heard of ruby.

Quote:
Oh, and a PS: just because something's hyped doesn't mean it's not a good thing. Plenty of good things about Python, Perl, C/C++, and even C# (at least as a language, the current dotNET implemetation might be a bit ho-humm).

Aye, but then comes the question of weather the over-rating is worth the advantages. Something to ask yourself before you suggest it to some one. But i think all programmers should at least *LEARN* assembly, so they have an idea on what they're messing with instead of just making programs and not knowing what the heck they're doing. Even better if they had to develop programs in assembly for the 8086... That's right, that ancient thing. Then they'd know why they'd have to develop programs well and that speed really does matter.
Post 27 Jul 2007, 02:19

Most faulty programming language is yet to come!
Post 27 Jul 2007, 04:51

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: