flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Group effort

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DustWolf

DustWolf
Hello,

Just wondering... I haven't had a whole lot of experience programming in teams, tho I had tried various experiments involving a lot of people working togather on something that typically only individual people can do (e.g. music composing).

I was just wondering... I don't have much time to code lately, and the same goes for quite a few people here... techincally I could help with something but just don't have enough time for actually getting myself involved in a project where people could count on my work, etc.

So... I've been thinking... would anyone give it a try to.. make a piece of software work by each of us "lazy people" coding up a random block of it (something we pick, based on what we do best) in our spare time? Like... a handy library or a compiler or so?

I mean, not like this isn't supposed to be happening already, but I've been thinking more allong the lines of a semi-complete project thingie with a head, a tail and a plan?

Say what..? Smile
Post 25 Jul 2007, 13:22
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote

Exciting!
Post 25 Jul 2007, 13:41
Dex4u

Dex4u
Why not look through the Project sub forum ?
Post 25 Jul 2007, 15:51
DJ Mauretto

DJ Mauretto
laudable Wink
I agree with dustwolf,the problem of asm coder that they want to make all by themselves , they wish only the personal glory , but by themselves they will not go far away ,it's stupid philosophy.My dream is Fasm OS coded by all forum members , everyone is useful , but this is only a utopia, the persons are too much infantile in order to face a mature speech like this ,they will continue to being proud of their useless and stupid programs of 300 byte , while linux team will make something more creative and profit Wink
Post 26 Jul 2007, 09:36
Dex4u

Dex4u
From my experience your project would end up like this:
Open source projects are suppose to be about someone starting a project and other using it, and then adding to it, to make it better.
But this does not happan, in most cases, only a handfull of codes help, the other 95%, just want to rip your code, so you end up with lots of small projects.
You may think so what, but just think how mad FASM users would be, if people rip fasm assembler code and just renamed it as NewAsm or something like this.
The only reason this does not happan with fasm is its well established.
Post 26 Jul 2007, 15:52
kohlrak

kohlrak
Dex4u wrote:
From my experience your project would end up like this:
Open source projects are suppose to be about someone starting a project and other using it, and then adding to it, to make it better.
But this does not happan, in most cases, only a handfull of codes help, the other 95%, just want to rip your code, so you end up with lots of small projects.
You may think so what, but just think how mad FASM users would be, if people rip fasm assembler code and just renamed it as NewAsm or something like this.
The only reason this does not happan with fasm is its well established.

This has always been my fear with project KIM...
Post 26 Jul 2007, 16:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DJ Mauretto

DJ Mauretto
Dex4u wrote :
Quote:

I don't think that this is a big problem ,there are many ways in order to organize itself,I not think that a programmer will go very far away after to have ripped the bresenham's algorithm or the registry of one peripheral hardware Wink
Post 26 Jul 2007, 16:35
kohlrak

kohlrak
yea, but the credit of the real guy is lost and then for projects that have imperitance that there is no fork end up terminated. Lots of people, and i would be one of them, would drop a project if it was leaked.
Post 26 Jul 2007, 17:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DustWolf

DustWolf
So... what we need a CVS for FASM? Very Happy
Post 28 Jul 2007, 14:04
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Mac2004

Mac2004
Some notions: As you all know a programming project needs careful planning ahead in order to be (more) succesful.
I think that problem with these kinds of projects is to organize decent planning. After decent planning everyone should stick to those plans.

I think this matter should be considered as well.

regads,
Mac2004
Post 28 Jul 2007, 15:35

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: