flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > How long...?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kohlrak

kohlrak
After seeing all the debates here, i thought i'd try an experiment. I want to see if we can get a random thread (such as this) started, without turning it into some sort of debate and/or politically (sp?) centered. So, i'll start it off...

Hi, how are you?
Post 23 Jul 2007, 22:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
I feel full of expectations, because i was just replying to MHajduk's post regarding science view on christianity, god and religion. May the Holy XOREAXEAX bless my post.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(sorry, don't mind this post)
Post 23 Jul 2007, 22:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Except that I'm a little dissapointed with my CCNA pseudo degree I'm fine Very Happy

BTW, are you in France now?
Post 23 Jul 2007, 22:15
kohlrak

kohlrak
vid wrote:
I feel full of expectations, because i was just replying to MHajduk's post regarding science view on christianity, god and religion. May the Holy XOREAXEAX bless my post.

XD

Quote:
Except that I'm a little dissapointed with my CCNA pseudo degree I'm fine

Well that's good.

Quote:
BTW, are you in France now?

No, i got back a few days ago. I like the service in france. You ask for a coke and you get a lemon, ice, and a seperate glass... Not so much here. I should visit europe again, someday. I like buisness there, but i don't like the cost. Oh well, good service comes at a cost, eh?
Post 23 Jul 2007, 22:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Quote:
Well that's good.

Considering it wasn't cheap at all and the course lasted 2 years (unnecessarely IMHO) it is really bad!!

Quote:
Oh well, good service comes at a cost, eh?

Yep, the Euro is very expensive, specially in Latin American countries.... My father lived in Paris during his doctoral thesis and he loved the place and surely the language since he always prefer to speak in French over English and maybe over Portuguese as well Laughing
Post 23 Jul 2007, 22:48
kohlrak

kohlrak
Quote:
Considering it wasn't cheap at all and the course lasted 2 years (unnecessarely IMHO) it is really bad!!

I ment the part that you're fine.

Quote:
Yep, the Euro is very expensive, specially in Latin American countries.... My father lived in Paris during his doctoral thesis and he loved the place and surely the language since he always prefer to speak in French over English and maybe over Portuguese as well

I didn't like paris so much as i did Monaco and Nice. I forget what that one place was, but i liked it even more, but i wasn't happy that the hotel was far from civilization. Also, i didn't like the jump from 1.5 euro for a coke to 2 euro for a coke at the hotel, but in the end it was all ok, especially when we left, but then we ended up at a worse hotel. Both of them were 2 stars, but the second one was worse. The first hotel was nice for it was in town, but it was a bit crowded, and they wanted to pack 3 of us in the room and we had 2 beds, one being a double. I didn't quite fancy the idea of sleeping with a dude so i took the floor. And i can't blame anyone for trying to avoid english. It's become the lingual melting pot where you get more words than most (if not all) other languages, and many different accents, dialects, and sub-dialects. Not to mention the grammar makes little sence, but meh, that's me. France is a nice country, i hear please, thank you, and "have a nice day" more there. Also, when they say sorry, it seems as if they actually mean it. They say "pardon" and if they see a tourist with a camera, some will duck instead of just jumping in the way. Heck, when i was in nice this guy who looked like he slept out on the street came up and talked to me for an hour or two and gave me his cupons. XD I think he just didn't care about his appearance, thouhg, i'm not so sure that he's a bum.
Post 23 Jul 2007, 22:59
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
A can of coke or a bottle? I can't remember the last time I bought a can of coke but I think it still cost one peso here, so with 2 Euros I can buy 8 cans Laughing

I'm a little surprised with the price outside the hotel though (if it is a can), I would expected 0.5 Euros, not more.
Post 23 Jul 2007, 23:27
kohlrak

kohlrak
Quote:
A can of coke or a bottle? I can't remember the last time I bought a can of coke but I think it still cost one peso here, so with 2 Euros I can buy 8 cans

A can... And it's only $0.50 for a can in the states.

Quote:
I'm a little surprised with the price outside the hotel though (if it is a can), I would expected 0.5 Euros, not more.

I know. I would expect a bottle for 1 euro, not a can for 4 times it's worth.
Post 23 Jul 2007, 23:29
m

m
A Good stress busting !dea.
Post 24 Jul 2007, 05:14
Borsuc

Borsuc
vid wrote:
May the Holy XOREAXEAX bless my post.

Don't forget the x86 prayer:

x86 prayer wrote:
Our Caller, who art on the stack frame
Hallowed be thy Parameters
Thy Address Space come
Thy I/O be done
In Registers, as it is in Memory
Give us this day our periodic timeslices
And forgive us our page faults
As we forgive those who pass invalid parameters
Lead us not to unconditional JMPs
But deliver us from segment registers
For thine is the Address Space, the Registers, and the I/O ports
Jmp $
Ret

Ret Laughing
Post 24 Jul 2007, 12:28
MHajduk

MHajduk
vid wrote:

Hey, vid what are you talking about? Smile I didn't write any post in 'XOR EAX, EAX' thread.

[EDIT]I suppose that you mean MichaelH. Hmm... he isn't my alter ego! Laughing [/EDIT]
Post 24 Jul 2007, 13:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
MHajdk: sincere sorry, i mixed it :/ I am too drunk now to fix it, next time Wink
also, it was about "few articles" thread, not XOR EAX EAX thread
Post 24 Jul 2007, 21:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
kohlrak wrote:
Quote:
A can of coke or a bottle? I can't remember the last time I bought a can of coke but I think it still cost one peso here, so with 2 Euros I can buy 8 cans

A can... And it's only $0.50 for a can in the states.

Quote:

I know. I would expect a bottle for 1 euro, not a can for 4 times it's worth.

It used to cost $0.69 plus tax (total $0.75) for a 20oz. Coke about ten years ago. Now, it's usually around $1.20 to $1.35 (before tax) for the same thing. 12oz cans are usually anywhere from $0.50 to $0.75 (although I've seen 'em higher in hotels and some places, $1 or more).

BTW, I like Mountain Dew Code Red, it's pretty good. And Vault is okay (but haven't tried the new red variant yet). Also, Diet Barq's is good. Tried Diet Pepsi Max recently: but it's not exactly very unique, IMO (kinda same ol' same ol').

Just my $0.02 Wink
Post 25 Jul 2007, 06:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
USA? o.O Here i just get a 20oz by poppin' two quarters into the machine.
Post 25 Jul 2007, 06:43

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: