flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Assembly is not tough to learn

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
learn ada / learn dancing ... learn ada / learn dancing ... learn ada / learn dancing ... hmmm Smile
Post 25 Feb 2008, 20:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
Very Happy

coding in HLL, it is as easy as Qbasic and autoinstall

just use it, and it works.

ASM can make some IA too, and to make IA, you can use OA (Operational Amplifiers) as they are able to regulate and correct the errors.
for automatas, the target is an object, then the comparision of consign and mesure is the error correction, the OA is there to drive the actionner in the right position.
this is also possible for non physical purposes, as ideas, objectives, filters...
the reason why analog electronics is not used for computers is that there is no possibility to save an analog value without loss.
with the comming quantum machines, it will be possible to use analog logic. it will be a little faster and hardcore to code for.

the code wil be as frequencies, spectres, curves, waves, etc...
Post 25 Feb 2008, 22:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Yes, Ada has some things that I would like to see in ASM (like the named arguments passing, do you remember?Wink). Note however that it is annoying as hell at times since it is REALLY safe and needs explicit casting on eveyrthing that doesn't match exactly, for example this doesn't compile:

Code:
; pseudo-code since I don't remember Ada well...
type
  TReal = double;
  TRational = double;
var
  aReal: TReal;
  aRational: TRational;

;code
  aReal := aReal + aRational ; Will not compile because types doesn't match despite that in the end both are double.    

Pretty different behavior to that of C's typedefs.

If you need an environment for Windows try http://weblidi.info.unlp.edu.ar/catedras/ada/gnat-3_11p-nt.exe (this is the site of the Ada course of my Faculty), or try to get the lastest version of GNAT (last time I've tried it wasn't free anymore but perhaps I searched wrong).
Post 05 Apr 2008, 21:29
Remy Vincent

Remy Vincent
HELLO!, I have a HUGE tutorial with ADA programs, please have a look, here it is ( EasyEx - PopupEx - CharTb ) :

www.geocities.com/remyvincent/forAda95-EasyEx.zip
www.geocities.com/remyvincent/forAda95-PopupEx.zip
www.geocities.com/remyvincent/forAda95-CharTb.zip
www.geocities.com/remyvincent/forAda95-CharTb2.zip

[url]perso.orange.fr/remy.vincent4/forAda95-EasyEx.zip[/url]
[url]perso.orange.fr/remy.vincent4/forAda95-PopupEx.zip[/url]
[url]perso.orange.fr/remy.vincent4/forAda95-CharTb.zip[/url]
[url]perso.orange.fr/remy.vincent4/forAda95-CharTb2.zip[/url]

On beggining of october of 2005, I remember well that I tried to post this TUTORIAL on a linux server, it was SAVANNAH linux project server. I started the project and then a moderator came and told me that it WAS IMPOSSIBLE to START a project if not a ""only running"" LINUX project, THE PROBLEM is that my ADA TUTORIAL was a WINDOWS PROJECT and not a Linux project...

The main problem with ADA is that the optimizations of ADA could be done with 100% assembler, then why programming in ADA?? that's the goal, compete between ASSEMBLER and ADA, and demonstrate that exactly the SAME projects are FASTER & easier to update in assembler than in ADA!!!!

ADA have been choosen by US Departemnt Of Defense, and I really don't know how to ask to those guys to officially organize a fair competition between ADA and ASSEMBLER, so everybody could view that ASSEMBLER CODING COULD WIN this kind of coding competition very easily!!!
Post 06 Apr 2008, 02:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Assembly gets a bad rap because of the platform dependence. It seems not to matter how fast or how easy it might be to write these days because for the 1 time in 99 that you need to port your code to another CPU then it becomes a problem.
Post 06 Apr 2008, 02:26
Remy Vincent

Remy Vincent
revolution wrote:
that you need to port your code to another CPU then it becomes a problem.

This is EXACTLY what they replied to me at nongnu.org PROJECT website! please have a look

Quote:

Update of task #4751 (project administration):
Hi,

...re-submit it when you have a
free-operatig system version ready to run.

Regards,

The project is still """existing""", but it's not usable until I translate my ADA code to ada for linux...
http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4751

How could I speak with ada FOR LINUX experts... that's my problem now...
Post 06 Apr 2008, 03:39
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Just go to another website and submit it. You don't have use just their site do you? I'm sure there is no shortage of places for you to talk about your tutorial.
Post 06 Apr 2008, 04:18

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: