flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Help me! Green screen on LCD monitor! WTF?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Have you tried shaking ("sacudir" in spanish in case that the word is not correct) the cable when the computer is on to see if the green flashes appears?

BTW, do you use those power stabilizers (AKA computer killers)? Try bypassing it to see if the monitor stops to do that.
Post 20 Jul 2007, 00:17
OzzY

OzzY
Thanks for the answer again.
Yes, I tried shaking ("sacudir" is also a portuguese word Very Happy) the cable, but I can't trigger the problem. It will do nothing. Either return to normal or return to green.

By power stabilizer do you mean that thing with lots of connectings for power? Should I not use it for the monitor?
I'm a bit confused. I've always been said that that thing will protect my hardware from quick energy up and down.
But maybe the monitor has its own stabilizer/power converter?
Post 20 Jul 2007, 01:26
OzzY

OzzY
Hmm... it seems if I tighten/untighten the cable a bit it seems to reduce the problem. I'm not sure yet. It's not getting green for minutes like before, it's just flashing a little, so I need to pay lots of attention to see it. But it's big problem, cause I might be editing pictures and getting different color than I see.
Post 20 Jul 2007, 01:46
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Quote:

I've always been said that that thing will protect my hardware from quick energy up and down.

Me too and here I am, more than 12 years later without using one and no one of my computers were damaged. Having a good PSU is what really matters. For example, when snowed here, the power had some "micro cuts", while the other two computers with generic PSU has been reseted by this, my computer with a Topower PSU kept running as if the micro cut were never happened. Very Happy

About monitor it always has a power converter since the internal circuitry does not operate at the same voltage.

About power stabilizers, unless you have a REALLY expensive and big one it is very likely that it does not do anything useful, perhaps cut the power when the voltage is too high but in such case is better to have a device for that purpose specificaly.

PS: I've been said that if the power stabilizer is old you need to replace it even if it still looks like it work.

PS2: Do you have ground line? (electrical sockets with three holes -and three wires in the electrical instalation Razz-)
Post 20 Jul 2007, 02:08
Rahsennor

Rahsennor
The problem might be caused by a crack on the board in the monitor. Cracks like that can be small enough to need a magnifying glass to see. Pushing the plug up and down when it's connected might trigger it, if it is this.

Then again, I could be barking up the wrong tree. Confused

OzzY wrote:
The guy at the store opened the CPU, and replugged the video card.
But I knew it was problem with the monitor or the cable. But he didn't listen to me because he is the "technical" and I am the "user".

Evil or Very Mad
Post 20 Jul 2007, 09:29
DustWolf

DustWolf
OzzY wrote:
Hmm... it seems if I tighten/untighten the cable a bit it seems to reduce the problem. I'm not sure yet. It's not getting green for minutes like before, it's just flashing a little, so I need to pay lots of attention to see it. But it's big problem, cause I might be editing pictures and getting different color than I see.

Why not just try replacing the cable? It is the most likely to blame for the malfunciton (since cables get twisted and broken or simply worn out by other means) and relatively cheap to replace. It could very well solve your problem, but keep an eye on any leftover broken pins in the sockets!
Post 23 Jul 2007, 08:56
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: