flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Why do people do this...?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kohlrak

kohlrak
http://board.flatassembler.net/memberlist.php?mode=posts&order=ASC&start=900

People register on a board and never post... What's the point?
Post 24 Jun 2007, 01:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I think it was discussed very recently even with a poll. The most probably reason is to be able to download attachments.
Post 24 Jun 2007, 02:42
kohlrak

kohlrak
So that's what that was all about...
Post 24 Jun 2007, 02:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rhyno_dagreat

rhyno_dagreat
LocoDelAssembly wrote:
I think it was discussed very recently even with a poll. The most probably reason is to be able to download attachments.

I have to agree. To be honest, that's why I first joined. But then I realized you all are a nicer bunch of people than in other low-level programming forums so I decided to join the community.
Post 24 Jun 2007, 02:57
kohlrak

kohlrak
They come and just download examples and what do they contribute back to us? Nothing. That's disrespectful. FASM needs more examples, not people who just take them and contribute nothing.
Post 24 Jun 2007, 03:03
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
You can't expect that people that is learning can contribute something. You know, there is people out there that prefers to not post anything about of what they have no idea for now.

I prefer silence rather than people posting nonsense over the forum just to try to not be disrespectful...
Post 24 Jun 2007, 03:35
kohlrak

kohlrak
Some of those registered users registered years ago. How long does it take for one to feel sure?
Post 24 Jun 2007, 03:50
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Perhaps they realized that Assembly is too hard for them and decided to give up?

It's not enough just to read an example and wait, say, an year and then come here to say "hey, I can teach people here now because I looked at an asm source an year ago so I have much experience".

Another problem is that many people knows very few english to post here, they are able to read the source but can't express themselves, just read a little of english. Don't you think it is somewhat selfish to call them "disrespectful people"?

Of course some of those registered users could contribute something but they are selfish/lazy enough to not contribute anything, but, in any case, the "disrespectful people" generalization is very weak.
Post 24 Jun 2007, 04:31
kohlrak

kohlrak
Quote:
Perhaps they realized that Assembly is too hard for them and decided to give up?

They could always ask for help.

Quote:
It's not enough just to read an example and wait, say, an year and then come here to say "hey, I can teach people here now because I looked at an asm source an year ago so I have much experience".

SSP wasn't here that long (though he is related to m) and even he has already contributed a nice little macro. Maybe it's posts long ago as well (not sure if it is or isn't), but he still contributed it.

Quote:
Another problem is that many people knows very few english to post here, they are able to read the source but can't express themselves, just read a little of english. Don't you think it is somewhat selfish to call them "disrespectful people"?

Then again, i can't blame them. Look what happened with ssp... Not everyone understood him.

Quote:
Of course some of those registered users could contribute something but they are selfish/lazy enough to not contribute anything, but, in any case, the "disrespectful people" generalization is very weak.

and i would throw the mijority rule at them. I mean, common, you could even say "thanks."
Post 24 Jun 2007, 07:27
Mac2004

Mac2004
kohlrak wrote:

Some people could be too shy to post.

regards,
Mac2004
Post 24 Jun 2007, 10:42
daver

daver
Hi

I myself registered to show solidarity and support for the product, rather than to make lots of posts. On top of which, most technical questions get answered here very quickly, so even when I can help theres usually not much point since one of the resident guru's will have it covered, and I have not had any questions myself which hasn't been answered with the various asm forums search functions , google, and my books.

Cheers

Dave
Post 24 Jun 2007, 11:49
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Is incredible how long can you make so simple thread...

Resuming, the world is not boolean.

I have no more comments to do on this thread

Bye
Post 24 Jun 2007, 13:44
rhyno_dagreat

rhyno_dagreat
I was at first afraid of posting because of fear of elitists attitudes which I've encountered at OSDever and other places.
Post 25 Jun 2007, 18:35
Figure

Figure
kohlrak wrote:

becouse of google , it's much faster to find answer in google Wink and there is no reasons to spend time to read/flood in forum . I think so .
Post 26 Jun 2007, 12:01
laserlight

laserlight
Quote:
They come and just download examples and what do they contribute back to us? Nothing. That's disrespectful. FASM needs more examples, not people who just take them and contribute nothing.

Looking back at my 20+ posts here, I have contributed nothing by way of code. In fact, I am still a beginner to FASM, as my interests are in other areas of programming at the moment.

Consider others who have not even registered. Are they also disrespectful? They come and just read and what do they contribute back? Nothing. Or so it seems. Remember that the popularity and usefulness of this messageboard depends on that of FASM, and thus a greater awareness of FASM, even if there is nothing concrete in terms of code examples on this messageboard, helps FASM and this forum community as a whole.
Post 26 Jun 2007, 12:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
They don't have to register to to be aware of fasm. XD
Post 27 Jun 2007, 01:34

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: