flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > i proposed to ban this account > "ssp"

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ban ssp
yes
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
no
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i think he needs more time to learn how to behave before he is suitable for our board.

Quote:

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=6076&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Yeah! That's very nasty!
This code does not belong here. You should have translated it into fasm first and then posted it here.
What's the purpose of it? Tell me you stupid, blockhead, dumb creature!

I can't understand it, or compile it with fasm/nasm/masm/gas/goasm and to top it all it's horrible to look at!

Go learn some ettiquettes before posting here.

Quote:

Thanks f0dder for spelling correction.

Well since I was not talking to you, you were not supposed to get
offended and you must not have replied.

Now that you have entered in a matter which was between me
and rugxulo face the consequences.

To me f0dder has a Zero, because you have

Zero sense of posting to such forums
Zero sense of dealing with others
Zero thoughts of mind
and to top it all Zero brains.

So get lost you stupid-wag-in-other's-matters ! ! !

Quote:

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=7215
Thanks LocoDelAssembly.
That was very childish of you!

I myself could have figured out the first alternative suggested by you,
but I wanted to do it exactly as I wrote.

The second one is nice, but it would be nicer if it were included in
the standard macros.

Quote:

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=7170
Thanks Yardman for all the good things you said about my puzzle.
But I have a few complaints about your version.

* First it is not written in assembly.
* Second you didn't give the source code.
* Why did you post it here ?
* What do you want to prove ?

Besides my puzzle was all written by me (ssp) and m had nothing to
do with it.

All in all it is much ado about nothing.
And to be frank, your version is crap!!!
Post 19 Jun 2007, 17:06
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Although he deserves the ban it would be unfair. The pseudo-boy at the Test Area forum isn't banned yet and its only purpose is annoy here. ssp is very unpolite but seems to provide some contributions at least...

PS: I didn't vote.
Post 19 Jun 2007, 17:19
kohlrak

kohlrak
Personally, i think it's a cultural difference in conjunction with age. It appears that he may be younger than even i. I havn't dealt much with people from india (and i havn't seen many here on these boards), but i was always left under the impression that they would be uptight about corperate things (and fasm forums might be seen as such). A young age would teach him to be dis-respectful to anyone who dosn't take it seriously even if they're from a different culture. So, my guess is that he needs to grow a little more internationally.

And i find that hardly the reason to be the grounds for banning some one. New commers tend to have stronger emotions than when they've been here for a while. It's because they're new, and probably shy. He probably feels it's his responsibility to post his feelings about how the place should be run until Tomasz himself or one of the moderators tells him how it's run here.
Post 19 Jun 2007, 18:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MichaelH

MichaelH
Perhaps this thread may make him reconsider how he acts ..... in the mean time, can we get kohlrak banned? Wink
Post 19 Jun 2007, 22:38
kohlrak

kohlrak
suuuuuuuuuure. But ladies first of course, michelle. Wink
Post 19 Jun 2007, 22:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DOS386

DOS386
Quote:
i proposed to ban this account > "ssp"

I propose to delete the poll and lock this thread. Bans should not be publicly polled Sad BTW, I have no idea why "ssp" created the unuseful rude posts after releasing the nice puzzle-15 Sad
Post 19 Jun 2007, 23:25
kohlrak

kohlrak
An attempt to impress us? I just think he wants us to take this place more seriously. To me, it seem that all he wants to do is make things stricter. Notice we don't post fasm code so we get attacked. Off topic, we get attacked. Not overly unusual. We just find his methods of expression not only un merited, but a bit drastic. It might not be to him. Like i said, he could be young. And i'm sure you've seen how dramatic i've been. I'm sure you all used to be uptight at a young age as well.
Post 19 Jun 2007, 23:30
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:
Perhaps this thread may make him reconsider how he acts .....

yeah, i sincerely hope so.
Post 20 Jun 2007, 00:48
kohlrak

kohlrak
Or it may have scared him away...
Post 20 Jun 2007, 00:50
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
well, scare him away, doubt that
but he should realize that his way of replied is not suitable on this board.
although i quote only 4 out of his total 10 posts, but doubt we could let him continue like this for another 10 or 30 posts.
guess i leave it to time.
Post 20 Jun 2007, 01:11
Yardman

Yardman
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by Yardman on 04 Apr 2012, 02:13; edited 1 time in total
Post 20 Jun 2007, 14:27
kohlrak

kohlrak
I have a feeling that he hasn't noticed. It seems to me that his english may also not be the best, which would also mean he could have learned the vocabulary from movies as well.

Kohlrak wrote:
We are all here for the benefit of fasm. Posting code of other sources here won't hurt fasm. Only those who won't change their opinion of fasm easily will change their mind. You're concerning people here. Just like you, i too was all up in arms (really concerned) about rule enforcement when i joined. As time went by i realized that being so concerned alone was breaking an unspoken rule. The moderators here see it as more important for the people here not to be so harsh than to follow the rules. Some people have taken offence to what you have said. Most of those people have been here for a long time and have gotten to know the administration well enough to know what rules you can break just a little. While this is a fasm board, we are allowed to post code from other assemblers, though all high level code should be posted in the high level area. And aside from insults and some inappropriate material, everything is allowed in the heap. It's something you have to spend lots of time here to get to know. It's like that on many other boards as well. I know you've been here for a few months, but that's hardly enough time to get to know the place well enough. I know you're concerned for the well being of this place, but some people think that your method of expressing your concern is going to have the opposite effect.

ssp wrote:
Thanks Kohlrak!

I think I understood what you said.
And now I think I will mind my own business and let the moderators
get their hands dirty while dealing with such things.

If he has trouble understanding me, he's either like 90% of all americans i meet, or he is lacking in english ability. He might not even know the severity of what he's saying. A friend of mine from Egypt joked about killing me (because it seems i only talk to him when he's busy which was the joke). At first i didn't get that it was a joke. The comment calling locodelassembly childish could have been a joke or the only way he was capable of saying "please don't treat me like a child." I've seen people who have english trouble before, and he is some-what consistant with the patterns. He might understand technical terms and such, but i feel some of his adjectives and comments are a little radical in our view, but not so much to him. He probably dosn't realize. I think we should just let him as he is for a while and see if he changes.
Post 20 Jun 2007, 18:34
ssp

ssp
I voted Yes.

If you dislike my posts so much so that you want me to be banned then
go ahead sleepsleep and ban me. Ofcourse if you do not have enough rights
to do that you can ask your (fellow) moderators.

May be you wanted others' views. Well they say it's unfair to ban me.

So, you should not ban me (may be).
And if you do I hardly care. I can always come back with a new ID. Wink

Last edited by ssp on 21 Jun 2007, 06:58; edited 1 time in total
Post 21 Jun 2007, 06:40
kohlrak

kohlrak
IP bans...
Post 21 Jun 2007, 06:58
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:
And if you do I hardly care

then why come back with new ID ?

i think obviously u miss the whole idea of why this thread is being made.
Post 21 Jun 2007, 08:25
ssp

ssp
sleepsleep I hardly care about your opinions about my posts.
And I love this forum so I Will Be Back Wink
Post 21 Jun 2007, 09:10
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
if u love this forum, then make sure ur post confined to fasm board rules. period.
http://board.flatassembler.net/profile.php?mode=register
Post 21 Jun 2007, 19:25
f0dder

f0dder
NTOSKRNL_VXE wrote:
Quote:
i proposed to ban this account > "ssp"

I propose to delete the poll and lock this thread. Bans should not be publicly polled Sad BTW, I have no idea why "ssp" created the unuseful rude posts after releasing the nice puzzle-15 Sad

There's a thing I agree with NTOSKRNL on. Bans aren't for the public to decide, and shouldn't be discussed in public anyway. People who are offended by somebody should take it up with the person first (in public or PM, depending on situation), and finally report to a moderator if things persist.

Yeah, ssp has been rude, but this is The Intarweb[sup]TM[/b] - don't wear your heart on your sleeve.

Post 21 Jun 2007, 22:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
I still believe there is some merit to his rudeness. Some insults he may not see as strongly as we do. And it appears the problem has been solved.
Post 21 Jun 2007, 23:02
m

m
I believe waiting long minutes for fasm forum pages to download and
then finding some irritating (to him) posts made him react so much(!)
Post 21 Jun 2007, 23:07

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: