flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > 2007 fasm Conference Date

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MazeGen

MazeGen
OK guys, the conference will be held in Brno, Czech Republic. I will organize it. Now we need to choose the date.

EDIT: We already decided to 25th August.

HyperVista has suggested 25th August as the main day of the meeting. Let us know your opinion.

When someone will come a day or two sooner, or will leave later, I can attend to him, of course (together with vid).

Last edited by MazeGen on 25 Jun 2007, 12:36; edited 2 times in total
Post 15 Jun 2007, 14:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hope u guys enjoy the conference Smile
i would surely watch it, maybe not live version. but recorded Smile
Post 15 Jun 2007, 15:32
tom tobias

tom tobias
Every date is fine with me. Is there any LOGISTICAL advantage to choosing one date or another? For example, are there any planned celebrations, or other conferences, or tourist events, taking place on one weekend or another in Brno, so as to interfere with our tiny conference, by eliminating some hotel rooms, for example?
Regarding availability of space for our meeting, and more importantly, for the transmission by internet of the proceedings, is there one weekend or another that would be preferable? For example, let us suppose that we were going to convene in some trade school, or university. Imagine that the very weekend we decide to convene, the students all arrive to return for classes, and therefore, the facilities, thought to be available in June, disappear at the end of August. So, in conclusion, in my opinion, before "voting" on a suitable date, I think it would be wise to procure a tad more information from MazeGen about the facility where we will meet. Let us say, by way of example, that meeting on the 25 August cost 400$/day, to rent the meeting room, but meeting on the 18 August cost 800$/day for the same room. Well, then, my vote would go to meeting on 25 August. Other than this type of Logistical data, there are no other factors which would influence my vote. Every day is a good one, to hold the FASM conference.
Post 15 Jun 2007, 17:09
MazeGen

MazeGen
You made a good point, tom. I will investigate it and let you know after this weekend.

And tom, let me know whether you need to help with arranging an accomodation in Brno. My email is mazegen at centrum cz.
Post 15 Jun 2007, 17:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
So, as for various events, thanks to Summer Holidays, there are only a few events in August:

10th - 12th: "Brno Day"
Quote:
Acted event commemorating successful defence of Brno city against Swedes during 30-year war – combat scenes, fire-work, traditional market.

This shouldn't eliminate hotel rooms massively and rise the prices of conference rooms. This can be actually funny - metting Czech and Swedish "soldiers" in the streets and so. But this date is probably too early.

17th - 19th: World championship of road motorcycles of classes 125 cc, 250 cc and MotoGP
Yeah, this can elimite the rooms and rise prices. The city is usually busy and full of Germans and Austrians.

25th - 26th: this proposed weekend is eventless.

Full list of all events in Brno in August. EDIT: The web sux, you have to navigate manually: click the "english" flag, then "Calendar of Events" and then "VIII" month Sad

Now I have to investigate for the conference room. Because of Summer Holidays, I hope that the prices will be low.

Last edited by MazeGen on 19 Jun 2007, 11:18; edited 2 times in total
Post 19 Jun 2007, 10:23
HyperVista

HyperVista
I cast my vote for the 25th / 26th Smile

While it would be cool to see all those motorcycles, I'd hate to get into a bar room brawl with a biker hoodlum over an argument about the proper use of XOR.

Too bad the Brno day is so early in the month, that does sound like fun, but as you suggested, it's too early in the month for me.
Post 19 Jun 2007, 10:58
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
I vote for 25/26 too. We can make our own "event", and it's cheaper Wink
Post 19 Jun 2007, 11:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
HyperVista wrote:
While it would be cool to see all those motorcycles, I'd hate to get into a bar room brawl with a biker hoodlum over an argument about the proper use of XOR.

Laughing

---

I finally found one interesting event for this week, if anyone of you is a fan of philharmonic orchestra:
Quote:

International Music Festival Špilberk

16.08.2007 - 26.08.2007

The only exclusively symphonic festival among the Czech Republic summer festivals. The concerts are held outdoor at Špilberk Castle courtyard.

http://www.filharmonie-brno.cz/en/Spilberk-2007-programme-P73.html

Quote:

8/23/2007, Thursday, 8:00 PM, Špilberk Castle Courtyard

Greetings from Home
ANTONÍN DVOŘÁK Slavonic Dances

PRAGUE PHILHARMONIA
conductor Ondřej Kukal

8/26/2007, Sunday, 8:00 PM, Špilberk Castle Courtyard

Water magic
OTTORINO RESPIGHI Fountains of Rome
PAUL DUKAS The Sorcerer's Apprentice
CLAUDE DEBUSSY The Sea

BRNO PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
conductor Alessandro Crudele

EDIT: Špilberk on Goggle maps
Post 19 Jun 2007, 11:43
HyperVista

HyperVista
Awesome MazeGen!! Nothing like an outdoor concert by a castle! Dvorak, Debussy, Dukas (Mickey Mouse with brooms and water!!) .... doesn't get much better than that. Very Happy
Post 19 Jun 2007, 12:23
tom tobias

tom tobias
HyperVista wrote:
I'd hate to get into a bar room brawl with a biker hoodlum over an argument about the proper use of XOR. ...
Well, I lack bicycling credentials, but I acknowledge my hoodlum character, albeit one including fewer steroids than those portrayed in "On the Waterfront": Cool
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047296/
I didn't realize that there is a "proper" use of XOR, since I have never encountered it performing a Boolean operation on two different operands.... Embarassed
MazeGen wrote:
...if anyone of you is a fan of philharmonic orchestra:
Yeah, I am a season ticket holder. I have to park my motorcycle a couple blocks away, and change from leathers to conventional attire, Razz Actually, I prefer organ recitals. Shocked These are exquisitely difficult to locate in USA, and almost omnipresent in every city of Europe... Smile That's where I will be on Sunday....Incidently, though we citizens of USA are completely oblivious of all foreign languages, and ignorant of all foreign culture, we nevertheless, by accident, refer to Debussy's famous composition as "La Mer", and not "the sea". Smile
25-26 August sounds very reasonable. Is it most convenient, i.e. less time, or less expensive, to travel to Brno by train from Berlin, Munich, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, or Krakow?
Post 19 Jun 2007, 12:32
HyperVista

HyperVista
tom - i'm tentatively planning on dropping my wife and daughters off in Vienna on the 23rd for a shopping weekend while i'm in Brno. I plan on renting a car in Vienna and driving to Brno (~2 hr drive) from there. You're more than welcome to share the ride through Austria and into the Czech Republic. I'll be driving back to Vienna late Sunday or early Monday for a Monday flight back from Vienna.

The same offer extends to any others who will be flying into the region for the conference and decide that Vienna is the best choice for arrival.
Post 19 Jun 2007, 12:46
MazeGen

MazeGen
Smile That's fine, we will have some culture as well.

The details will be specified later. We still don't know whether Tomasz and Madis can come this date...

tom, most convenient to travel to Brno is from Prague and Vienna. I'd expect that Vienna has more friendly train station.
Post 19 Jun 2007, 13:20
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
Both me and Ender2101 like the date and place of 25/26 August in Brno.
Post 22 Jun 2007, 16:53
MazeGen

MazeGen
OK, 25th August, Brno, is the final decision Smile
Post 25 Jun 2007, 12:35
HyperVista

HyperVista
Congratulations MazeGen and Brno. This is the assembly language equivallent of a city being selected to host the Olympics!

We're very much looking forward to exploring your beautiful city and engaging our colleagues in lively discussions on fasm. (not to mention practical exams on the relative merits of Slivovica). Wink
Post 25 Jun 2007, 13:02
MazeGen

MazeGen
Thanks, I hope we will have great time here Smile
Post 25 Jun 2007, 13:29

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: