flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > KeBugCheck called by AOL?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DustWolf

DustWolf
kohlrak wrote:
Plus, AVG works with all accounts so it should crash me on this windows account too

Not if the log files are stored in the "Documents and settings" folder... which they usually are. In that case the program uses different log files on a per user basis (e.g. if you log on as "A", it opens log files in "C:\documents and settings\A\application data\blabla" and if you log on as "B" it opens log files in "C:\documents and settings\B\application data\blabla").

It could be that only those files in your other account are corrupted, which makes sense if you were loged into that account and had AIM running when the powerloss occured.

That is if what LocoDelAssembly says is the truth.

You could just try to run a scandisk and check your system for filesystem errors, reboot, let it do it's stuff and see if the problem occurs again. You can find what the scandisk determined with the Event Viewer, Application log under the name Winlogon.
Post 29 May 2007, 09:27
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
Where would i find scandisk, or would chkdsk work fine?
Post 29 May 2007, 10:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
chkdsk X: /F where X is every harddisk volume you have. Thanks to DustWolf now I remember you telling in other post that shutting down the computer with Start>Shutdown was useless because nothing happens if you just push the power button more than 3 seconds.

Well, I'm not sure if chkdsk will repair the problem now but if you are shutting down your computer improperly then don't do it anymore.

PS: With your system volume chkdsk will ask you if you want to execute the scan on your next boot, answer "yes" to that and reboot your computer (with Start>Shutdown, not reset button Wink)
Post 30 May 2007, 14:27
kohlrak

kohlrak
Quote:
Well, I'm not sure if chkdsk will repair the problem now but if you are shutting down your computer improperly then don't do it anymore.

It wasn't a result of a shut down. I was sleeping and the power went out on me. Though i guess this would be a good reson of why to shut it down normally.

Anyway, i'm starting to wonder if whatever it is, it's amoung the things that have been restricted from me for an entirely unknown reson. Certain registry keys are also currently restricted from this account, and i didn't change the permissions myself. And it has to be something that's restricted, because AVG does a scan every morning and it hasn't crashed on this account during a scan.
Post 30 May 2007, 21:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: