flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > New Earth-like planet discovered

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Post 26 Apr 2007, 04:05
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
great news !!
hope we could travel there in our life time.

maybe they would make a sort of selection process, like best human,experts on each fields, and shift them there to live.
Post 26 Apr 2007, 09:37
Maverick

Maverick
To do what? We already live in the best fit planet in the universe. Until we finish to ruin it, that is.
Post 26 Apr 2007, 09:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Post 26 Apr 2007, 10:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
If we gather our stuff now and invent light speed we could get there... Then we would get crushed against the hull from inertia like bugs bunny, when we stop... Assuming that their calculations were right, we'd never make it in our life time. Plus, i don't think cryo-stasis would do much for us getting there, either. First we need a good speed, then we need good brakes. Then we need to get passed that barrier. A clear path also helps, then we gotta hope the calculations aren't destroyed, otherwise we'd get busted on the way there by a rock. I hate to be a party pooper, but think realistically. The planet may not contain the right gases, they can't tell from here. Those factors of actually getting there. Let's not forget, there are possibly other factors which we'd need to consider that we havn't, yet, because we don't know they exist. As for you, maverick...

Quote:
To do what? We already live in the best fit planet in the universe. Until we finish to ruin it, that is.

When debating against evolution, I often hear attacks against "Noah's Flood." They often argue that there is not enough water in the oceans and the air to flood the entire planet. In other words, if you are aquaphobic, then you have nothing to worry about. Other than flooding the planet, there really isn't much that we can do to destroy it. If we have to put up with a poison atmosphere, humans will use their cranium to adapt with bubble buildings where we could all safely live in a filtered atmosphere, but that won't be for a long ways to go yet. As long as we have food to eat (which we can grow plants and even animals) we can survive. There is no reson to concern yourself with us ruining this planet, let alone another planet which we'll never even get to.
Post 26 Apr 2007, 10:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rain_storm

rain_storm
Quote:
First we need a good speed, then we need good brakes

I never thought about the slowing down part before that could be a problem.
As for discovering life on this world i doubt it. the only real similarity to earth is that the planets proximity to its star brings it within earthlike temperatures but that is a dying star which means that for most of the stars life the planet was simply far too hot to sustain carbon life. if life took hold there as soon as the star began to cool down it would be so simple that a modern probe would need to take soil samples to discover its existence.
I think I will wait off til planetfinder is out there searching the night sky before I get goosebumps. at least planetfinder will be able to photograph these new worlds even planets as small as earth will be visible
Post 26 Apr 2007, 13:19
Hell_Killer_SS

Hell_Killer_SS
Here, some dudes pathetically dreaming sleeping... They mind and senses out of realistic!!!

advice: If you really want there then first you build a supreme high speed rocket (not good speed) brakes not so important good bad any brakes even none braked rocket, why not, only compute distance and cut off engine power before landing. Second you need very long life atleast 1000 year! pretty cool huh!
Post 26 Apr 2007, 18:29
Hell_Killer_SS

Hell_Killer_SS
People don't be fantasize! Our planet completely enought us! It's gift for us from mother-nature!!! We are as long as we live on the our beautiful planet until next (super generation) evolution like dinosaur's doom!!! We are never ever beat up mother-nature's law!!!
Post 26 Apr 2007, 18:29
rain_storm

rain_storm
life on this planet wont last forever this new planet they found is orbitting a dying star in 5 billion years our star will be on its way out too. so at some point we must go to other worlds the sooner the better. and there is plenty of money to be made on other worlds as well the same stuff that is here is there also like gold
Post 26 Apr 2007, 20:28
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i wonder who will be first to have sex on moon Wink (well, maybe some astronauts already did...)
Post 26 Apr 2007, 21:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
OzzY

OzzY
Quote:
New Earth-like planet discovered

Holly shit! They've just discovered from where I came from.
Now I'll have to finish this world's domination.

I guess we'll take some ASM coders with us and destroy all life here with intense radiation.
A new world will be better without .NET programmers.
Laughing
Post 26 Apr 2007, 21:56
kohlrak

kohlrak
I hear there's something at the edge of our solar system, and i heard it's a pain to get through. If we need places to live, the ocean would be a closer step than space. We could use the technology from ocean cities as a basis for space cities.
Post 27 Apr 2007, 20:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Don't forget that since the planet is just 20 light years away we can send a message and get a reply in 40 years, even us can live to see that.

Quote:

Earth: Hey, how did you solve the global warming problem?
(40 years later)
Gliese 581 C: Sorry, I couldn't hear you, what you said?
Earth: ... I said... How did you solve the global warming problem?
(40 years later)
Gliese 581 C: Oh, it was pretty easy, we just (to be continued)
Post 28 Apr 2007, 12:29
kohlrak

kohlrak
Assuming it not only gets there in one piece and assuming they'll have equipment to pick it up, or better yet. We also forget that they won't understand it.
Post 28 Apr 2007, 15:59
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
The language used for the message obviously wouldn't be english but some iconical or another way. We only need they SETIing us and hoping that they know how to capture our transmission. No so easy but at least we can know if it is possible in our lifetime.

And if they are not smart enough to retrieve our messages then they probably don't know how to solve the global warming problem neither Laughing
Post 28 Apr 2007, 16:19
kohlrak

kohlrak
Even symbols would be tough to understand. They may have 3 legs, so any symbols with animals in it, they may think those are people. We need a way to send pictures to appear with text... Let's not forget that... symbols, could show up as letters. Then "Bring it on" would be something we don't want them to think, either.
Post 28 Apr 2007, 16:23

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: