flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Freedom Of Speech :D

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

HyperVista
Absolutely brilliant tom. Wow! For me, your elloquent piece underscores the importance of we individuals struggling with fasm for the most part alone in our own places, spaces and thoughts. All in differing geographic regions and indeed differing political settings. Yet we come together here, on this forum, to collaborate, cajole, encourage, and inspire one another in building creative soluitons in a programing language many say is obsolute, yet we, together find utility, indeed beauty in this thing Tomasz has created for the most part alone in his own place, space and thoughts.
We are individually expressing ourselves freely in this language, creating ephemeral snipits of code that defy the convenstional wisdom of those involved in code bloated monolithic frameworks that grind forward.
Is this fasm thing a model for the way things other than software development should work? Definitely yes. Will anyone notice? Likely not. At least we fasm members know.
Post 12 Mar 2007, 03:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MichaelH

MichaelH
Thanks LocoDelAssembly for posting your thoughts. I hope this will lead to more people who normally stand back coming forward cause if we all sit back and let the HyperVistas of this world push their pro U.S rhetoric, we risk the status quo continuing which sadly will mean countless more innocent people dying for no reason.

white_wight wrote:
MichaelH wrote:
Every country in the world must report the facts as they are, the complete truth with no bias attached. Your country in no way does this.
I say again, your country practices repression of speech!

No, no Smile .. It's just that they (U.S.) struggle for hypocrisy Laughing

Now that's exactly what this thread needed, a bit of humour in the form of a one liner Smile Kudos to you white_wight.
Post 12 Mar 2007, 04:40
tom tobias

tom tobias
LocoDelAssembly wrote:

Uruguay??? I think that country doesn't belong to the same country bag of China, Korea, etc
You are correct. I am in error:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6481.htm
Thanks for pointing out my error. I had been thinking that if Bush visited Uruguay, then, it must have a puppet government funded by the CIA. Maybe, or maybe not. I am not so sure, after reading these:
http://www.plenglish.com/article.asp?ID=%7B38D7F471-62D5-4249-BF28-63161E178697%7D)&language=EN
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/03/10/america/web.0310latam.php
Post 12 Mar 2007, 09:44
tom tobias

tom tobias
HyperVista wrote:
Is this fasm thing a model for the way things other than software development should work? Definitely yes. Will anyone notice? Likely not.
Umm, well, in my opinion, I found your question about FASM as a potential model for activities other than software development to be insightful, and far sighted. That idea, which, upon reading your suggestion, seems so obvious, never occured to me. Regarding your slightly pessimistic/realistic view of whether or not folks other than FASM forumers will notice, I believe, (but I am extraordinarily, possibly pathologically, paranoid) that the Chinese military is using FASM, and thus prohibits its use, and denies access to this forum to ordinary citizens. I also believe that the CIA monitors FASM, and if history is our teacher, then, it probably has deeply infiltrated the forum. The implication of your remarks is this: FASM is insignificant. That may be accurate, I don't know, but I believe, based upon several decades of watching M$ in operation, that if FASM ever became too successful, then it would either be purchased by M$, else discredited--hence the requirement for supervision of FASM forum activities by the CIA.
Post 12 Mar 2007, 09:58
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
I also believe that the CIA monitors FASM, and if history is our teacher, then, it probably has deeply infiltrated the forum.

Laughing
Post 12 Mar 2007, 11:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
MichaelH wrote:
Quote:
cause if we all sit back and let the HyperVistas of this world push their pro U.S rhetoric, we risk the status quo continuing which sadly will mean countless more innocent people dying for no reason.

Amazing Shocked.

vid, better censor me now before my words here on this forum cause countless more innocent people to die for no reason!

LOFL MichaelH. Very Happy Very Happy
Post 12 Mar 2007, 11:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
... this topic became more fun than i originally thought ...

maybe we should start posting photos of our asses to evolve this topic even further?
Post 12 Mar 2007, 11:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
MichaelH wrote:
Quote:

I think you will agree that my country can not and should not protect or give such rights to every citizen of the world.

Hell no, there's absolutely no way I'd suggest a racist thing like that and you should be ashamed of yourself for even suggesting such a racist thought!

Every country in the world must report the facts as they are, the complete truth with no bias attached. Your country in no way does this.
I say again, your country practices repression of speech!

Did any of you see the recent South Park episode (the Wheel of Fortune "race war" one)? I think that was a pretty good satire of our country (and damn funny, too!). Laughing
Post 13 Mar 2007, 09:41
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
rugxulo: just downloading it. youtube rules Smile
Post 13 Mar 2007, 10:33
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Post 08 May 2007, 09:52

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: