flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > New FASMLIB site

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Hi, here is my first try for (future) FASMLIB website:
http://fasmlib.flatassembler.net/new/

please let me know how you like it, what could be improved, etc. etc.

PS: that is site intended for FASMLIB v0.5. Not all info there is true yet.
Post 22 Jan 2007, 12:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
flaith

flaith
Very Happy Great, just add an "rss feed" and it will be perfect !

**** EDIT ****

HTTP 404 - File not found : when i tried to download your lib
Directory has no index file : http://fasmlib.flatassembler.net/

Post 22 Jan 2007, 13:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Japheth

Japheth
Very Happy

Very good!

- Personally I would prefer black on white.
- external links should have attribute target="_top"
- add 1 or 2 source examples how to use the lib to be viewed online

Regards

Japheth
Post 22 Jan 2007, 14:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
flaith:
Quote:

FASMLIB v0.5 is not done yet.

Quote:
- Personally I would prefer black on white.
I prefer oldschool way. Wink

also, with black background you got one more usable color from the 16 color set Laughing Wink

Quote:
external links should have attribute target="_top"
what's that?

Quote:
- add 1 or 2 source examples how to use the lib to be viewed online
working on it. First, i will create example project that will add HTML coloring tags to FASM code, and then use it to convert sources and examples to online version. But I am not sure if this will be available in 0.5. I would also need to add anchors to sources, so i can reference procedures, etc. etc.

thanks for ideas
Post 22 Jan 2007, 14:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
flaith

flaith
vid wrote:
Quote:

FASMLIB v0.5 is not done yet.

Embarassed i forgot to put my glasses Smile

Post 22 Jan 2007, 15:26
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Vid: The colours are hard in the eyes. A lighter background is easier to read, especially the blue links on the left, with black backgrounds many LCD screens don't render it well.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, I hate frames! Frames are evil, especially so when the external links do not get out of the frame box. That is why you must at least set the attribute target="_top" if you really want to keep the frame layout. I'm not sure if you are being facetious when you mention you don't know what target is so just in case here is an example
Code:
<a href="http://lscr.sourceforge.net/" target="_top">http://lscr.sourceforge.net/</a>    

Sorry to criticise, but you did ask what could be improved ... Wink
Post 22 Jan 2007, 15:40
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
no problem, thanks. I am complete HTML newbie, so feel free to point out more problems. i always shift-click the links, so i missed this one Smile.

i will fix the links now.

also, is there some way to change color of hyperlinks? (without CSS, i don't want to learn it now)
Post 22 Jan 2007, 16:27
MHajduk

MHajduk
vid wrote:
Altough name may suggest FASMLIB is only for use with FASM (Flat Assembler), this is not true. FASMLIB currently has support for FASM, MASM, NASM and YASM. Support for more assemblers can be added on demand. This name is remnaint from time when it was FASM-only library. Now I don't know about any better name. I'd take "libasm", as equvalent to "libc" but it's already taken by alive project Sad

Just name it "ASMLIB" (if isn't taken yet). Smile
Post 22 Jan 2007, 16:53
MHajduk

MHajduk
... or "VIDASMLIB". Very Happy
Post 22 Jan 2007, 16:59
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
AsmLib is most common name ever... i might try something with "vid". Too bad i have to decide soon Smile
Post 22 Jan 2007, 18:56
MichaelH

MichaelH
Quote:

I prefer oldschool way. Wink

Oldschool way sucks and is difficult to read! Other wise very good, keep up the great work.

Find a website you like and steal their css ..... it's what all the professionals do Wink
Post 22 Jan 2007, 20:09
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Find a website you like and steal their css ..... it's what all the professionals do
That's what I did with HTML Wink (thanks goes to f0dder)
Post 22 Jan 2007, 20:42
rugxulo

rugxulo
vid, how about PHASMLIB? 4ASMLIB or LIB4ASM? (since it's for assembly and supports 4 assemblers). F-ASMLIB or F/ASMLIB? (fast assembly lib?)

Anyways, I actually liked the site layout, didn't even notice it used frames (which I, too, don't really like ... can be annoying). How about just mimicking FASM's layout (Main Index, Download, etc., links at bottom of pages)?

P.S. What, no LZASM support yet?? Razz Wink
Post 22 Jan 2007, 22:00
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
How about just mimicking FASM's layout (Main Index, Download, etc., links at bottom of pages)?
I would have to know PHP, and have it's source code.

Quote:
P.S. What, no LZASM support yet??
never played with it. For non-mainstream assemblers, support can be pretty easily added by their users. All you need to convert are imports from object (list of functions), and list of error codes.

about names:
I don't like "4" versions. The "PH" idea is nice, sounds like "phase". FASMLIB currently means "Flat Assembly Library" eg. library for assembler in flat mode, nothing to do with FASM Wink Very Happy
Post 22 Jan 2007, 22:13
rugxulo

rugxulo
vid wrote:
Quote:
How about just mimicking FASM's layout (Main Index, Download, etc., links at bottom of pages)?
I would have to know PHP, and have it's source code.

Not really. Just manually put a few links at the bottom of each page (in HTML).

vid wrote:
Quote:
P.S. What, no LZASM support yet??
never played with it. For non-mainstream assemblers, support can be pretty easily added by their users. All you need to convert are imports from object (list of functions), and list of error codes.

I know, I'm just being annoying. Wink

vid wrote:

about names:
I don't like "4" versions. The "PH" idea is nice, sounds like "phase". FASMLIB currently means "Flat Assembly Library" eg. library for assembler in flat mode, nothing to do with FASM Wink Very Happy

I couldn't think of any decent meaning for PH, though. At least "F-ASMLIB" wouldn't directly imply FASM and would require a lot less changes to stuff you've already done (and might confuse people less but not a big issue anyways).
Post 22 Jan 2007, 22:35
tantrikwizard

tantrikwizard
vid wrote:
also, is there some way to change color of hyperlinks? (without CSS, i don't want to learn it now)

One way is to nest a font tag within an anchor tag,
Code:
<a href=...><font color=green>link</font></a>    
I think, better check it out first.
Post 22 Jan 2007, 22:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
vid:
vid wrote:
AsmLib is most common name ever... i might try something with "vid".
Too bad i have to decide soon Smile

I have a few new proposals for naming Your library (of course, if it isn't too late yet). Wink
    1. Abbreviations of "vid's Assembler Library":
      - vidAL (pseudo-Spanish Wink),
      - vALib.

2. Abbreviations of "vid's Library of Assembler":
      - viLAs,
      - viLibAs.

3. Abbreviations of "vid's Library of Assembler Routines":
      - viLAR (pseudo-Spanish again Wink).

4. Abbreviations of "vid's Assembler Interface Library":
      - vAsIL (Slavic name Wink).

5. Abbreviations of "Assembler Library by vid":
      - ALiv.

I hope that helps. Very Happy

Regards.
Post 23 Jan 2007, 13:06
shoorick

shoorick
vidAL (pseudo-Spanish) - looks like russian "already have seen" (видàл), and reminds immunological diagnostics by similar author Wink
Post 23 Jan 2007, 13:50
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
"Vasil" sounds funny. and there is "as" in it sounding assembly. But still it isn't that. PHASMLIB still sounds better
Post 23 Jan 2007, 14:11
Japheth

Japheth
I suggest VASMLIB, that is pronounced like FASMLIB, so we don't have to learn too much new.
Smile
Post 23 Jan 2007, 15:01

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: