flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > "The Squirrels Are Nice Here ..."

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

HyperVista
This is a pretty funny story about a U.S Congressional Staffer trying to hire hackers to change his college records. These guys really jerk him around. Enjoy!

http://www.attrition.org/postal/z/033/0871.html
Post 16 Jan 2007, 13:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
photo of squirrel... Laughing
Post 16 Jan 2007, 13:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
Yup ... this story made the news (what an idiot!! btw, this guy is a Congressional Staffer for a member of Congress in the Bush's political party Laughing )
http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/9999

Last edited by HyperVista on 16 Jan 2007, 16:53; edited 1 time in total
Post 16 Jan 2007, 16:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i would love to see guys face after he realized what a moron he is. wow... photo of squirrel... no way
Post 16 Jan 2007, 16:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
farrier

farrier
I thought it was ironic on a couple of levels:

The guy was a staffer for a Republican congressman, from the party of family values.

He attended Texas Christian University, perhaps he missed a few of the Christian ethics classes. It sounds like he may have missed a few computer science classes also.

farrier

... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, ...
The code is dark, and full of errors!
Post 16 Jan 2007, 20:03
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
what is ironic about "republican"? I always miss this "republican vs. democrat" thing. Is there some real difference, or just one more way to split people?
Post 16 Jan 2007, 21:13
tom tobias

tom tobias
vid wrote:
I always miss this "republican vs. democrat" thing
Not quite like Shia versus Sunni, nor Catholic versus Protestant, but somewhat similar:
Republican: Wealthy, landowners, capitalists, crooks
Democratic: Wealthy, "workers", union bosses, crooks
I may be a tad more cynical than some on this forum, but I seem to recall overwhelming support throughout USA for Bush's monstrous lies about Iraq, before the invasion, Democrats and Republicans, alike. In my opinion, all politicians in USA are dirty, until proven to the contrary. The system rewards fraud, deception, and dishonesty. Educated people here have no real choice: support the crooks, or ignore them.
Post 16 Jan 2007, 22:14
tantrikwizard

tantrikwizard
vid wrote:
what is ironic about "republican"? I always miss this "republican vs. democrat" thing. Is there some real difference, or just one more way to split people?

There are two parties, the republicrat/demopublican party and the Libertarian party.
Post 17 Jan 2007, 00:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
Well said Tom! Brevity is the soul of wit. You said it all very succinctly.

You too tantrikwizard.
Post 17 Jan 2007, 00:46
madmatt

madmatt
We used to have a two party system, now alll we have are self preserving politicians that are slaves (many willingly) to the coorporations and special interests. So WHY do we keep relecting corruption back into office every two years? "party loyalty?".
Post 17 Jan 2007, 08:54
farrier

farrier
vid,

For the last 8-12 years Republicans have wrapped themselves in the flag/military/patriotism* and claimed that anyone who was not in their party was some sort of deviant. "Elect me and I won't have oral sex in the Oval Office." But, the leaders of the Republican/Democratic parties would not be recognized by the leaders from 20 or again 40 years ago. Republicans used to stand for fiscal responsibility and less government; and until this last election, they passed every spending bill proposed.

madmatt's point about "party loyalty" is the whole problem: "I hate you and your idea because your teams' jersey is blue and mine is red." Most in both parties are idiots and whores.

farrier

*Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel: Samuel Johnson

... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, ...
The code is dark, and full of errors!
Post 17 Jan 2007, 13:22
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
This is real "opposite opinion" political party Very Happy

Quote:
... John Dougrez-Lewis, who stood at the Crosby by-election of 1981 [...] as Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel (a name taken from the aforementioned Monty Python sketch), having changed his name by Deed Poll from the somewhat plainer John Desmond Lewis ...

Laughing
Post 18 Jan 2007, 13:56
kohlrak

kohlrak
Quote:
In my opinion, all politicians in USA are dirty, until proven to the contrary.

Thank heaven's your not in charge of the judicial system, no offence. I go under the rule that you're innocent till there is justified evidence that you're guilty. I should go for proof, but i'm too paranoid to wait till i have proof to condemn some one. Hence, why i support Bush.

Quote:
Educated people here have no real choice: support the crooks, or ignore them.

And that's because we're not united. That was supposed to be the media's job, but as we can see, it's clearly not the case.

O'Reilly, himself, said what the problem is with polititions. It was originally a voulenteer job to get elected, and you didn't get so many benefits. Now it's a full time job with full benefits, and not just for you, but for your family! We need to change that, but if we try, we'll end up like mexico. No one will ever condemn the system on paper, they just condemn the system with their mouths till they get elected, or re-elected. I'm sick of this crap. I'm half tempted to move to another country one day where the polititions are honest and admit that they're corrupt.

Quote:
madmatt's point about "party loyalty" is the whole problem: "I hate you and your idea because your teams' jersey is blue and mine is red." Most in both parties are idiots and whores.

This is true. The republicans are notoriously conservative with the democrats notoriously liberal. The "political spectrum" has become the dividing line between the two parties, but it shoudln't be that way. It reminds me of some churches (i won't mention names due to offence, but i'm sure some of you know which in particular i'm talking about), as they are often good in the beginning, but the word which they were based on falls further and further out of scope. The original seperator between the two parties (as far as i understood) was how soft they are on defence. The Republicans are paranoid and attack on evidence based on assuming that it might be too late if we wait for them to come up with a lagit excuse, while democrates are slow and easy, with the opinion that they deserve a chance to excuse their actions more than we deserve to attack with a handful of evidence. And anyone who knows about foreign policy knows, that it's usually only evidence that you get. Liberal republicans and conservative democrates will never get elected. There's too much at stake for either party. Just on the debate on the war in Iraq, we can clearly see that both parties are willing to sacrifice our lives in vain just to get their benefits (weather you see it as the terrorists will attack america if we pull out [or go in to begin with], or if you see that sending everyone over there is suicide). They're too busy trying to get re-elected than to give us the truth about what goes on. That's where propoganda errupts. It's in every country. Everybody's too busy trying to get re-elected (or prevent civil wars) to give us the truth.
Post 20 Jan 2007, 16:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DustWolf

DustWolf
HyperVista wrote:
This is a pretty funny story about a U.S Congressional Staffer trying to hire hackers to change his college records. These guys really jerk him around. Enjoy!

http://www.attrition.org/postal/z/033/0871.html

That's so cruel... poor guy.. Razz
Post 23 Jan 2007, 13:25
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
tantrikwizard

tantrikwizard
DustWolf wrote:

Poor criminal prostitute politican? I think its wonderful that the politican crooks get caught on occasion. They're busy exploiting the public, its refreshing to see a crooked politican get exploited for a change.
Post 23 Jan 2007, 17:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DustWolf

DustWolf
tantrikwizard wrote:
DustWolf wrote:

Poor criminal prostitute politican? I think its wonderful that the politican crooks get caught on occasion. They're busy exploiting the public, its refreshing to see a crooked politican get exploited for a change.

I mean as a person, not as a politician heh. Altho he probably got what was comming for him asking something like that, I still don't think exposing other people's weakpoints publically is exactly moral.
Post 24 Jan 2007, 11:58
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
tantrikwizard

tantrikwizard
DustWolf wrote:
tantrikwizard wrote:
DustWolf wrote:

I mean as a person, not as a politician heh. Altho he probably got what was comming for him asking something like that, I still don't think exposing other people's weakpoints publically is exactly moral.

This criminal was willingly engaging in criminal activity to exploit the weakpoints of the schools security system and defraud the public, that wasn't exactly moral either. I believe its the duty of any citizen to expose criminals and the societies duty to issue proper punishment. I don't feel sorry for a criminal getting his just deserve.
Post 24 Jan 2007, 15:07

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: