flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > cat pot by Intel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I was wondering how long it would take until someone mentioned Esperanto. rugxulo, do you speak it?
Post 12 Dec 2007, 15:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
Jes, mi scipovas gxin plejparte sed mankas la sperton por diskuti normale. Mi pli ofte legas per gxi anstataux diri.

I can read it pretty fluently, but I don't "speak" it actively (or well, even). Still, it's more logical than English and definitely has a fairly huge book catalog to choose from. See here.

ELNA (Esperanto USA) has lots of online resources, if you're curious.

The main advantages to E-o are only 16 rules, a small UV (universala vortaro) that can be easily combined and extended into more complex words, and a 100% phonetic pronunciation exactly as written. See the Fundamento online for specific grammar / vocabulary info.

P.S. If I may say so (before someone whines "it's too European!"), you have to learn something. Sure, you could invent your own alphabet and vocabulary, but even if you consider that more "neutral" (unlikely), it's more of a pain to learn than something based in reality. Better that only 50% suffer the extra learning curve than 100%, IMO.

EDIT: Also check out news://soc.culture.esperanto.
Post 12 Dec 2007, 15:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Raedwulf

Raedwulf
(need-to we-all (speak Scheme))
Post 15 Dec 2007, 07:27
shoorick

shoorick
barbycat

Description:
Filesize: 45.76 KB
Viewed: 5291 Time(s)

barbycat.jpg

Post 26 Jan 2008, 06:32
shoorick

shoorick
Jerry for Tom
(new inhabitant)

Description:
Filesize: 34.9 KB
Viewed: 5260 Time(s)

mouse1.jpg

Description:
Filesize: 21.95 KB
Viewed: 5260 Time(s)

mouse2.jpg

Post 26 May 2008, 09:00
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Very Happy love that mouse picture

Post 26 May 2008, 23:27
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
If she could teach me Russian I'm sure I'd have better retention:
http://www.hotforwords.com/2008/06/30/ak-47-in-russian/

Laughing

Post 07 Jul 2008, 05:45
shoorick

shoorick
if you could see how my daughter have been playing in Duke in god mode with RPG Wink

here is RPG lesson: Ruchnoy (hand-helded) Protivotankovy (antitank) Granatomiot (grenade launcher) Wink
==========
Ручной Противотанковый Гранатомёт

btw, close to mouse - we became mates: eating dried fish together and drinking beer Wink

Description:
Filesize: 40.74 KB
Viewed: 5202 Time(s)

ratbeer.jpg

Post 07 Jul 2008, 06:05
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
shoorick wrote:
btw, close to mouse - we became mates: eating dried fish together and drinking beer Wink
A model specimen - I thought he was doing pull-ups in the other photo!

The cats have been killing blue jays and bringing them into the house. The first one was torn to pieces, but the last couple have just been carried around like a trophy. Their patients is truly amazing - sitting all day for the right moment: one in the tree, another two in the yard.

Even the neighbor cat joins in sometimes. People talk about the independence of cats, but that is only on the surface. Unfortunately, solitary blue jays collect bugs from yard and find it very difficult to watch three cats. It would be a mistake to attribute all the kills to a single cat. No wonder they fight over the carcass!

Post 07 Jul 2008, 07:28
shoorick

shoorick
Quote:

I thought he was doing pull-ups in the other photo!

think, i'll make a web-page to keep mouse photo soon to not post everything here Smile

Quote:

The cats have been killing blue jays and bringing them into the house.

it's natural when one hunts other in the wild. my daughter was very angry to me when i fed mouse with night batterflies which came to us through the window, while mouse has eat them extremely fast with pleasure Smile
Post 07 Jul 2008, 07:36
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
shoorick wrote:
my daughter was very angry to me when i fed mouse with night batterflies
I have been quick bury the dead birds in the back yard to prevent an emotional outburst from the females of the house. We can talk about it, but they would rather not see it.

Here there are large flying beetles which are "birdie trainers" for cats. Once they get flipped over the cats will smack them around the house like a hockey puck! Laughing

Post 07 Jul 2008, 13:47
shoorick

shoorick
Smile
Post 07 Jul 2008, 14:02
shoorick

shoorick
Quote:
very difficult to watch three cats

btw, recently i made a remote control for some kinds of animals (previous was thrown out by my mom 20 years ago when i went to study into university Very Happy )

Description:
Filesize: 13.89 KB
Viewed: 5151 Time(s)

remote.jpg

Post 08 Jul 2008, 05:02
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Very Happy Universal, yet the buttons aren't labeled - would take me some time to figure out without the manual, lol.

Post 09 Jul 2008, 01:09
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
shoorick wrote:
Maybe you should have a try at the http://www.mprize.org/ ? I'd wager that comradery can have as great an impact as diet.

Post 09 Jul 2008, 22:52
shoorick

shoorick
he-he, possible later Smile
Post 10 Jul 2008, 05:10
avi

avi

The Methuselah Mouse Prize is the premiere effort of The Methuselah Foundation ; a scientific competition designed to draw attention to the ability of new technologies to slow and even reverse the damage of the aging process, preserving health and wisdom in a world that sorely needs it.
by registering your mice with us you and your work will be brought to the attention of a wide audience, with all the positive consequences for prestige and funding that that entails.

A similar group with very close ties to the Methuselah Foundation
They have some money, they held a conference in UK last year, with power point slides on conversion of mouse somatic cells to pluripotential stem cells. That's the sort of gimmick one requires to get funding for the FASM conference. Some kind of application, in a hospital or laboratory, using FASM, something that will let the wealthy European Pharmaceutical companies sponsor FASM--maybe even provide shirts with the drug company name on it. I would be willing to wear one.

Post 10 Jul 2008, 10:54
tom tobias

tom tobias
shoorick, describing his interaction with Jerry, wrote:
we became mates: eating dried fish together and drinking beer
female cat nursing a rare red panda cub, abandoned by his own mother

Smile
Post 11 Jul 2008, 09:37
Borsuc

Borsuc
Wow, nice to see cats kinder than most humans Razz
Post 11 Jul 2008, 17:19
shoorick

shoorick
panda kid got a good luck! Smile
Post 14 Jul 2008, 05:25

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: