flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > cat pot by Intel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
shoorick

shoorick
a quick-made "mosaic" page with ryzhik's fotos: http://shoorick.ho.com.ua/cat/index_en.html
Post 05 Dec 2007, 12:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
bitRAKE,
I had many cats, but not anyone was blue eyed as Sophie (only green and orange/yellow). Smile Was it a siam cat?

BTW, your videos presenting ferrofluid and Vortex Device are very impressive! Very Happy

[EDIT]'anyone' changed to 'not anyone' Smile[/EDIT]

Last edited by MHajduk on 05 Dec 2007, 17:21; edited 1 time in total
Post 05 Dec 2007, 12:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
MazeGen wrote:
bitRAKE, it seems like Buddha takes care of you while you're sleeping. Good.
Her name is Ashley and I will forever be indebted to her. (c:

MHajduk wrote:
bitRAKE,
I had many cats, but anyone was blue eyed as Sophie (only green and orange/yellow). Smile Was it a siam cat?
One of her parents was is Blue Point Siamese. Simon is really her sister, but no visual patterning like Siamese.
Post 05 Dec 2007, 16:08
shoorick

shoorick
sorry, AVI links updated (i mean Ryzhik's page) - problem was in extension lowercase (manually typed0
Post 06 Dec 2007, 08:48
MHajduk

MHajduk
Smiling cat from "Alice in Wonderland" Wink

∑;כ)
Post 06 Dec 2007, 13:37
tom tobias

tom tobias
The Cheshire Cat is a fictional cat appearing in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It appears and disappears at will, engaging Alice in amusing but sometimes vexing conversation. The cat sometimes points out philosophical points that annoy Alice. It does, however, appear to cheer her up when it turns up suddenly at the Queen of Hearts' croquet field, and when sentenced to death baffles everyone by making its body disappear, but its head remain visible, sparking a massive argument between the King, the Queen and the executioner about whether or not something that does not have a body can indeed be beheaded.
Post 06 Dec 2007, 13:43
Raedwulf

Raedwulf
shoorick wrote:
I'm no shoorick > 你們好!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

really! i had started to learn chinese, did 5 lessons and stumb because of luck of time Smile i do know some words and phrases, but not enough even for little conversation Smile but i do not plan to die tomorrow, so, hope i'll learn more Wink

hua yi bi assembly nan :S. wo yi jing wang le hen duo.

Post 07 Dec 2007, 08:32
shoorick

shoorick
話譯筆assembly難。我已經望了很多 - ?
Post 07 Dec 2007, 09:52
MHajduk

MHajduk
shoorick, Raedwulf

Do you mean:

"Translation of spoken words to the strokes of Chinese characters is a problem. I hope(d) to learn more scripture in the future." Question
Post 07 Dec 2007, 11:49
shoorick

shoorick
not sure, i thought it about translation of assembly, but also not sure Smile it was my attempt to replace pinyin with glyphs.

let see what Raedwulf will say Wink
Post 07 Dec 2007, 14:35
kohlrak

kohlrak
An attempt at using a chinese to japanese translator and manual translation to english (being very, very lenient). "Just as i expected/hoped, it's hard to translate assembly." I'm guessing it ment "Just as one would expect/hope, it' shard to translate assembly" or "Just as i expected/hoped, it's hard to understand assembly."
Post 07 Dec 2007, 20:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Raedwulf

Raedwulf
Chinese is harder than assembly. I've forgotton alot already.

Well.. im impressed shoorick.. you used traditional chinese symbols Smile.
I stopped learning chinese some years ago, I was never too good at them (except for english).
Post 11 Dec 2007, 05:13
kohlrak

kohlrak
I wonder if chinese is like Japanese in that the stuff which is obvious isn't said... For instance, "私はテレビを見たい" would become "テレビ見たい" since "私は" and "を" don't really explain much in the sentance and that the short version would easily imply the same meaning, but not really be a "complete sentance" for it dosn't have a subject and the word that tells that "テレビ" is the object is omitted. Is chinese this way, as well?
Post 11 Dec 2007, 05:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
shoorick

shoorick
Quote:
you used traditional chinese symbols

generally, simplified symbols are more clear to me. just IME was switched into traditional when i've been typing. Smile
Post 11 Dec 2007, 06:52
tom tobias

tom tobias
kohlrak wrote:
...Is chinese this way, as well?...
A common misunderstanding by most foreigners, Japanese uses the Chinese HanZi, which are called KanJi in Japanese (two phonemic transforms). Though the meanings remain in Japanese generally quite similar to Chinese characters OF THAT ERA, meaning, approximately 1,200-1,500 years ago when they were brought to Japan, it should be remembered that the characters in use in China today, represent a further simplification, with a concomittant slight change in some meanings: (Hei Qiao Ke Li = Black Chocolate in Chinese, but the last three characters do not convey the meaning of chocolate in Japanese, for example). Though both languages, as well as Korean, use Chinese characters to express meaning of words, neither Korean, nor Japanese languages have any relationship to the Chinese languages, hence, the answer to kohlrak's question is NO. The grammar of Japanese is very complicated, in contrast, the grammar of Chinese is extraordinarily simple. The pronunciation of Japanese is extraordinarily simple, while the pronunciation of any of the Sino-Tibetan family of languages is incredibly difficult. The ideal language would take the beauty of Russian or Italian, and marry that to the simplicity of Japanese pronunciation, and add a bit of Chinese grammar. That would be a great language to learn. Sigh, we are stuck with English, an incredibly difficult language, filled with exceptions, an arcane grammar, tongue twisters impossible for any foreigner to learn to pronounce, and a mindset of native speakers oblivious to the horror of their own language. I am puzzled by the disappearance from this forum, of the several Chinese programmers who used to frequent the FASM forum. I don't think many from Japan or Korea ever participated, too bad.
Confused
Post 11 Dec 2007, 13:31
kohlrak

kohlrak
Not quite what i ment Tom. I was asking if Chinese seldom had "complete sentances" like japanese seldom does. For instance, in english we would say. "It looks like it's going to rain." And another guy would say, "Yulp, it looks like that." In Japanese you would say, "It looks like it's going to rain." And a responce would be "Seemingly." Another example would be, "Did you like the movie last night?" The english responce would be "Yes, it was good" or "yes, i liked it." But in Japanese, it would be "yes, like" or "yes, was." (Note: like is usually intransative in japanese and converted to an adjective before used.) I'm just asking if chinese is the same in that if something *might* be understood, they'll omit it.

As for my ideal language, it would be japanese prononciation and grammar, with smaller words. I think we can all agree that English is not the ideal language. As for italian, i'm really unfond of european languages. European languages are very inflexable, in my opinion. The chinese letters greatly simplify such languages, so i would try to keep them as well. I just don't like the fact that japanese sentances seem to average the time in saying as english does. Despite being simplified, the speaking time is still kind of tedious.
Post 11 Dec 2007, 22:35
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
I think we can all agree that English

I for myself like english for "world language", it is pretty simple for basic usage (just to understand and speak understendably), and uses cyrillics. Candidate #2 Russian is too complicated (i quess), and #3 Chinese uses different symbols (hundreds/thousands of them :/).

Yes, english is very unsystematic and half of it are exceptions, but still it is simplest i know.

Feel free to correct my uneducated opinion Wink
Post 11 Dec 2007, 22:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
English is the largest language i've ever seen, with many many new words every day. Not to forget, it's stressed that english speakers learn these words and use them often, making it even harder for people to learn. A language more natural and less like a programming language may even be easier to learn. What we would need for a foreign language is something with a small vocabulary and simple grammar... i have one langauge in mind, but the problem with it is that it has too small of vocabulary and it has a particular reputation.
Post 12 Dec 2007, 00:10
MHajduk

MHajduk
Almost ideal pronunciation of my real name in Mandarin (click links to listen mp3 files):

Mi¹ kou¹ wai¹ Hai¹ du¹

Laughing
Post 12 Dec 2007, 09:02
rugxulo

rugxulo
Post 12 Dec 2007, 13:01

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: