flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > anybody from india?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i would fly to india today evening Smile ....
any fasm member from india ?? Cool
Post 08 Jan 2007, 23:53
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
posting from india bangalore Smile
travelled from chennai to bangalore. chennai is a OMG place... Smile
i show you guys some pictures i took after i back to malaysia Razz

some street and cows Smile and omG traffic Razz Razz Razz
cars, autos are honking for no apparent reasons

no women on streets too, my indian friend said girls are usually stay at home.

i continue later :p :p
Post 12 Jan 2007, 06:04
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
MazeGen was to india for half an year, i've seen photos, pretty interesting, but personally i wouldn't go there Very Happy
Post 12 Jan 2007, 06:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
sleepsleep wrote:
cars, autos are honking for no apparent reasons
, a practice often found as well in Nigeria, and China. At least one city in China, FuJian, origin in antiquity of the fabled silk route connecting China with Italy, now forbids taxi drivers to honk. The reason for the honking is to attract the attention of the millions of pedestrians, milling about, walking to and fro, disregarding the traffic signals. Japan is the opposite, very well behaved public, NEVER crossing a road without permission from the traffic signal, with the taxi drivers all wearing white gloves, and the cabs themselves (zero honking, of course) polished to perfection, every vehicle looks brand new. Japan also has very few homeless people milling about. Here in USA, third most populated country in the world, after China and India, just ahead of Indonesia, we have more than 120,000 homeless people living in the world's most affluent nation. What a shame to see them, as we do, DAILY, in every city here, begging for help, often with terrible disease or infirmity. Bad as it is in USA, homelessness is even worse in India. India has poverty unimaginable in Europe. I saw, in Jaipur, about a thousand homeless people, sleeping in the open, on the ground, wearing, at most, a loin cloth, and the wealthy among them, in possession of a precious piece of cardboard, from a box discarded by the middle class. I observed in Agra, a fight between two skeleton thin males, tugging and pulling at the same fragment of cardboard box, because that small piece of modified paper was the only barrier, protecting their skin at night, from the earth--with its many tiny creatures of voracious appetite.
India is an incredible, beautiful, wonderful, exotic, and stimulating place, with thousands of years of history and culture and amazing creativity. It is also the living laboratory demonstrating a congestion and mass of humanity close to intolerably large. India reveals (as do Nigeria, Indonesia, China, and Japan) unmanageable. unsustainable growth in human population. The future of the world looks grim. Global warming: how much heat is generated by all these people?
Not looking grim, at all, the Taj Mahal gets my vote as the world's most beautiful artistic accomplishment. It is so bright, so white, so dazzling, that I COULD NOT GAZE upon it, in the bright sunlight. In defies description adequate to express its beauty.
Quote:
no women on streets too, my indian friend said girls are usually stay at home.
same in Japan. The two great civilizations share that feature in common....
It is little appreciated in the west, but India and China are both becoming computer science powerhouses. Scholars from both countries now fill the academic chairs at most USA universities, having bested those educated in USA itself. I won't be surprised if Mathematics is next. Look out Russia and Poland, here they come!!! Smile
Post 12 Jan 2007, 13:05
tantrikwizard

tantrikwizard
sleepsleep wrote:
any fasm member from india ?? Cool

Probably not if they can help it.
Post 12 Jan 2007, 14:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
btw, anyone got any contact with microsoft research people in bangalore?

i need a visitor pass in order to go in and share my totally awesome idea. lol
Post 15 Jan 2007, 09:51
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
i need a visitor pass in order to go in and share my totally awesome idea
no, they won't shut down MS, sorry Sad
Post 15 Jan 2007, 10:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
yah tom,
the poor is getting poorer and the rich is getting richer.
it is happening everywhere.
gtg, bbl
Post 15 Jan 2007, 10:40
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
yah tom,
the poor is getting poorer and the rich is getting richer.
it is happening everywhere.
yeah. it's called freedom. The greedy ones are free to rob others.
Post 15 Jan 2007, 10:50
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
LoL
Post 16 Jan 2007, 04:11
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
check this, india public toilet Smile

amazing Smile reality
Post 16 Jan 2007, 15:55
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
just back this morning Smile
miss all the nice foods here Razz, i almost ate purri and parata daily in india Smile
Post 27 Jan 2007, 12:16
tom tobias

tom tobias
sleepsleep wrote:
i almost ate purri and parata daily in india

Wow, alu paratha, LOVE it. Fantastic. Ate it every day in India. Holy Cow, what great chow!!! People can complain about many things in India: traffic, pollution, chaos, etc, but no one, in my opinion, can complain about the food.....Terrific!!!
Indonesian food, got to admit to ignorance here. Only Indonesian food I ever ate was in Holland, it was quite good, though, not particularly flavourful, I am sure that it must be much better in Jakarta or elsewhere in Indonesia. The same can be said for Mexican food, in my experience. I never had good Mexican food anywhere else, EXCEPT in Mexico itself....Wonderful!!!Jalapeno, frijole negro, lengua al mole, wow. Great food. I must be getting hungry....
Smile
Post 27 Jan 2007, 17:13
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
especially the beef, yeah? Wink

reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2BlNxKQQR4
Post 27 Jan 2007, 21:29
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
yo yo tom Razz
next time if you go to india again, chennai (madras), try the blue diamond hotel food Razz Razz they serve really nice food there.
Post 28 Jan 2007, 02:05
rugxulo

rugxulo
Just for trivia's sake:

• the NGASM authors are from India
  • Sendhil Ramamurthy plays an Indian w/ a British accent on NBC's Heroes, but he is actually American (but his parents both came from Bangalore)
  • I could probably mention others (local), but I guess that'd just bore you (and no, I'm not, AFAIK, but we're all related anyways so ...)
Post 28 Jan 2007, 04:42
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: