flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Buddism (possibly offencive, beware)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 7105
Location: Slovakia
vid
Quote:
That's just a comment from a weak admin who is too afraid to do anything in case someone gets angry at them.
heh, now i should feel offended Very Happy

That is way how to solve situation, when you have problem grasping people practicing freedom of speach.

Quote:
ext time save me the stress and do your job!

what exactly should have been "my job"? To keep everything strictly on-topic? That would reduce quality of discussions very much.

Note that i am not the one who is setting up policies here. Tomasz is.

Only time i could have acted would be when rugxulo was directly offended by being called names. I personally don't have any problem with someone telling me he thinks i am an idiot, but many people are sensitive to this.
Post 27 Feb 2007, 21:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
MichaelH



Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 402
MichaelH
Quote:

what exactly should have been "my job"? To keep everything strictly on-topic? That would reduce quality of discussions very much.


Now that's funny, I'd hate to see what this thread would have been like if the "quality of discussions" was reduced Smile
Post 28 Feb 2007, 00:27
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 7105
Location: Slovakia
vid
sure, this thread is a counter-example. But there are also many examples.

For example our discussion of my moderating policies is offtopic here. It's normal that discussion evolves to different subject than original was. I don't want to prohibit this.
Post 28 Feb 2007, 01:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
No, vid doesn't have to split anything (not worth the effort). We're all used to mixed-up threads anyways. It's impossible to really put too much info in a forum: threads become outdated, links break, etc. More useful information is best put on Wikipedia or somewhere else more clean and organized.

BTW, just to respond here (so as to not pollute the other thread):

Quote:

Quote:

Alister Crowley is downright dark, gloomy and almost satanic in nature, reflecting his own personal philosophy and interjection on this beautiful work.


I like Aleister Crowley. I used to have a PDF copy of the book of the law. Then I lost some interest, but I think I will start studying ocultism again.
I don't have much deep knowlegde though. I'm a casual reader.


This is the guy Ozzy Osbourne sang about, right? The same guy Jimmy Page bought the house of? Not sure what the big attaction to this guy is. Almost Satanic? I dunno for sure, but that sounds about right. He did supposedly do weird Egyptian/pagan rituals, making bones ooze and whatnot (only God can reanimate bodies). Of course, who knows what his deal was. His mom called him "the Beast", so that's kinda weird.

I (obviously) suggest avoiding his writings and not following that path. If you seek evil, you WILL find it. Shocked

The Son of Sam killer was a reported Satanist. He claims it all started once he read a Satanic Bible. If that isn't enough reason to avoid occult literature, what is?
Post 01 Mar 2007, 04:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:
Quote:

Alister Crowley is downright dark, gloomy and almost satanic in nature, reflecting his own personal philosophy and interjection on this beautiful work.
This is a misquote as I was refering the man's interpretation of the Tao and not the man himself. Though, I would agree with the above definition, it is offensive to take a man's words out of context without an indiciation of such.

rugxulo wrote:
This is the guy Ozzy Osbourne sang about, right?

Yes
rugxulo wrote:
The same guy Jimmy Page bought the house of?
According to Jimmy Page, though doubtful.
rugxulo wrote:
Not sure what the big attaction to this guy is.

Then youre unqualified to comment about him. He was raised by a christian minister and, like most children of religious types, was indocterinated and programmed. He recognized the psychological and spiritual abuse inflicted by his parents and rebelled. He was clairaudient, clairvoyant and clairsentient and a very beautiful and prolific poet. His was also highly intellegent and well learned in several occult systems. Later in his life he became addicted to heroine and his works were condemned by the church.

rugxulo wrote:
His mom called him "the Beast", so that's kinda weird.
No, he called himself the beast.

rugxulo wrote:
I (obviously) suggest avoiding his writings and not following that path.

I suggest reading the key to the temple of king solomon (or something like that). It is an ingenious piece of poetry with spiritual and religious teachings. For the very reason that his works were condemned by the church, I suggest everyone read them. The church is well known for supression and repression of important discoveries by banning books and condemning free thinkers.
Post 01 Mar 2007, 12:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
There seems to be a trend to uncover new truths, as if you can really do so 2000 years after the fact. Some people just cannot accept traditional answers to questions, so they dig for other, more extreme conclusions (even if those turn out to be insane). The Church of course denies anything like this because it contradicts what they already know!

Here's a few examples of people pretending they are smarter than they really are:


  • DaVinci Code
  • The Lost Tomb of Jesus (James Cameron -> Discovery Channel)
  • Gospel of Judas (National Geographic)


"Free thinkers" or kookoos??
Post 01 Mar 2007, 16:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:
Here's a few examples of people pretending they are smarter than they really are:
  • DaVinci Code
This is a thriller novel that was made into a movie. It was never presented as historic fact. There is *some* history in it but it's based on speculation and circumstancial evidence, not facts. Very few people take it seriously. Ralph Brown is an excellent author and a very smart person. Have you read the book? There is a reason why this book continues to be a best seller after such a long period on the market. You're pretending to be smarter than you really are. This book was a smash hit and the movie made millions, making the authors multi-millionares. These pieces were clearly embraced by a vast majoiry of the public around the world. Get a clue!
rugxulo wrote:
  • The Lost Tomb of Jesus (James Cameron -> Discovery Channel)
Now what makes you catagorize this piece of work and director as pretending to be smarter than he really is? This documentory hasnt even been released yet, meaning you have not yet seen their evidence. You are just quoting some other kookoo religious leader who has outright rejected this documentory without even seeing it. This is the height of stupidity, you are pretending to be smarter than you really are.
rugxulo wrote:
  • Gospel of Judas (National Geographic)
The gospel of Judas has as much historical and heresay creditability as any gospel or document of the time including the gospels in the 'bible'. It is even considered more creditable than the gospel of John by scholars and historians. You are pretending to be smarter than you really are. The gospel of judas was excluded from Constantine's list of authorized books using the logic of cave men. The reason this gospel and many others were excluded was because it was thought that only 4 could exist. The leaders arbirarily decided on 4 gospels, not based on creditability or common sense, rather they chose 4 because there is a north, south, east and west. These 'all enlightened' and 'god inspired' morons dictated that there should be only 4 gospels because there are 4 directions. What sort of logic is this? These idiots decided that only 4 gospels should be included in the list because we live in a 3-D world. There is no logic in their arbitrary choice to exclude all the other texts, just caveman stupidity.


Last edited by tantrikwizard on 01 Mar 2007, 17:48; edited 1 time in total
Post 01 Mar 2007, 17:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 7105
Location: Slovakia
vid
Quote:
Don Brown and DaVinci Code

I must fully agree with rugxulo about this one.

Dan Brown is idiot trying to make bestsellers, mostly by stealing older ideas. However, he is a good writer, i like reading his book, even though it has no factual value (just like Bible).

DaVinci code - this is just dumbed-down version of Holy Blood and Holy Grail, which was pseudo-scientific research, based on fake historic evidence. Authors themselves confessed they were wrong, because they based it on hoax evidence by ill-minded guy Pierre Plantard. He just ressurected this idea and made big boom and big money of this.

And if you want proof that author is dumbass writing about things he has no idea about, read Digital Fortress.
Post 01 Mar 2007, 17:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
tantrikwizard wrote:
rugxulo wrote:
Here's a few examples of people pretending they are smarter than they really are:
  • DaVinci Code
This is a thriller novel that was made into a movie. It was never presented as historic fact. There is *some* history in it but it's based on speculation and circumstancial evidence, not facts. Very few people take it seriously. Ralph Brown is an excellent author and a very smart person. Have you read the book? There is a reason why this book continues to be a best seller after such a long period on the market. You're pretending to be smarter than you really are. This book was a smash hit and the movie made millions, making the authors multi-millionares. These pieces were clearly embraced by a vast majoiry of the public around the world. Get a clue!


"Vast majority" is a big exaggeration. Most people know better than to go around publicly denying Christianity, which is older than any of us. Dan Brown himself has often stated that lots of it is historical, but in reality, he's just a guy trying to earn a living based on fantasy. (BTW, anybody can make lots of money, especially if they target the tabloid-loving people of the world who apparently can't get enough scandal in their diet.)

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
  • The Lost Tomb of Jesus (James Cameron -> Discovery Channel)
Now what makes you catagorize this piece of work and director as pretending to be smarter than he really is? This documentory hasnt even been released yet, meaning you have not yet seen their evidence. You are just quoting some other kookoo religious leader who has outright rejected this documentory without even seeing it. This is the height of stupidity, you are pretending to be smarter than you really are.


Anybody who denies Christ is God is wrong. I know and believe this. Therefore, a guy who goes around and actually wastes time and money trying to prove otherwise is just kidding himself. In particular, the tomb says "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph", but it is not the same (Jesus' body is in heaven, so is Mary's), especially since this Jesus (Greek for "Joshua", a very common name) and Mary (another common name) aren't related. Therefore, yet another "kookoo" idea being promoted is that it refers to Mary Magdalene; however, the Gospels quote her as seeing Jesus after His resurrection, so it's kinda hard to say He's buried with her if even she herself attests otherwise.

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
  • Gospel of Judas (National Geographic)
The gospel of Judas has as much historical and heresay creditability as any gospel or document of the time including the gospels in the 'bible'. You are pretending to be smarter than you really are. The gospel of judas was excluded from Constantine's list of authorized books using the logic of cave men. The reason this gospel and many others were excluded was because it was thought that only 4 could exist. The leaders arbirarily decided on 4 gospels, not based on creditability or common sense, rather they chose 4 because there is a north, south, east and west. These 'all enlightened' and 'god inspired' morons dictated that there should be only 4 gospels because there are 4 directions. What sort of logic is this? These idiots decided that only 4 gospels should be included in the list because we live in a 3-D world. There is no logic in their arbitrary choice to exclude all the other texts, just caveman stupidity.


Have you read that "gospel"? You claim to have read many so-called "gospels". In particular, some of the bogus "gospels" (e.g. Thomas) change the meanings around and even deny the crucifixion or resurrection. That clearly is not the same meaning, so why would the Church agree to that as being inspired? You can't say "Jesus is God" and then deny it without sounding a bit insane. Just calling something a "gospel" (meaning "good news") does not make it inspired. You're right that lots of "kookoo" ideas are being spread around, but you can't seem to understand that they are the ones that deny Christ, not the other way around.
Post 01 Mar 2007, 17:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:
"Vast majority" is a big exaggeration.
How many millions of copies were sold? It maybe an exaggeration, but not a big one. Millions (if not a billion or so) have read the book or seen the movie.
rugxulo wrote:
Dan Brown himself has often stated that lots of it is historical, but in reality, he's just a guy trying to earn a living based on fantasy.
That is why it was sold as a murder mystery novel and not a documentary. It is based in history, but the conclusion is not a historic fact. It was never claimed to be a historic fact but that does not change *some* of the facts that it is based in. Agreed it is a fantasy thriller making conclusions based on circumstantial evidence and sparse unrelated historic facts. The conclusion is not a fact and I don't think it was ever solicited as such. It's always been solicited as a fantasy thriller based on historical evidence. It is incorrect to say Dan Brown is pretending to be smarter than he is. The authors did a great deal of research and formulated a very creative conspiracy theory. The man is very smart. Dan Brown is not an anthropologist or archeologist, hes an author or stories. I agree he is making a living based on fantasy, that was the purpose of the book. But it is disengenous to say the man is not as smart as he pretends to be. His bank account and popularity of his books say otherwise.
rugxulo wrote:
Anybody who denies Christ is God is wrong. I know and believe this.
You believe it, you dont know it. Additionally, what makes you think the documentary denies jesus as god? You have not yet seen the documentary so cannot make such baseless conclusions. I have seen an interview with the producer and he clearly said in no way does he challenge the christian faith, rather he supplies archeological evidence to support it. This documentary may finally give a single shred of evidence to give creditability for the stories of the bible and you reject it without seeing it. You're an astounding idiot.
rugxulo wrote:
In particular, the tomb says "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph", but it is not the same (Jesus' body is in heaven, so is Mary's), especially since this Jesus (Greek for "Joshua", a very common name) and Mary (another common name) aren't related.
You poor ignorant child, you should really stay away from the delusional spatter of your religious leaders and get an unbiased education. There is zero biblical evidence that mary's body is in heaven, none, zip, ziltch. This idea was just imagined up by a certain christian sect (catholics) and is completely historically basesless. Additionally, i should not be defending this documentary because you're clearly a biased indocterinated fanatic, but statiticians have concluded the probability of all these like names being in one tomb as very remote. It does not matter that the names were common, getting the collection of names together is very unprobable. Next, Mary Magdalene is a title, not a name, Mary Magdalene is a modern interpretation of a very rare title making the possibility of the authenticity of these tomb's being highly likely. You should wait until the evidence is presented before making a conclusion. It is well known that certain fanatical idiots will deny all evidence against their belief system no matter how creditable it is, it is no suprise that you are among these delusional fanatics that will pre-judge a documentary before it's even released Laughing
rugxulo wrote:
Have you read that "gospel"? You claim to have read many so-called "gospels". In particular, some of the bogus "gospels" (e.g. Thomas) change the meanings around and even deny the crucifixion or resurrection.
Yes I have read them all several times. Not only have I read them but I've also read the study notes in journals by authentic scholars and historians, creditable people. The gospel of Judas and Thomas are more creditable sources than the gospel of John because they were written closer to the time of Jesus, wheras the gospel of John was fabricated by the church around 300 C.E.
rugxulo wrote:
That clearly is not the same meaning, so why would the Church agree to that as being inspired?
The church and their idology is full of contradictions.
rugxulo wrote:
You can't say "Jesus is God" and then deny it without sounding a bit insane.
That is why the church and their ideology is self-contradictory and sound insane.
rugxulo wrote:
Just calling something a "gospel" (meaning "good news") does not make it inspired.
So you should read all of them with a grain of salt. Have you read the gospel of judas yet? If not you're demonstrating outstanding stupidity of biblical porportions for judging a book by it's cover.
rugxulo wrote:
You're right that lots of "kookoo" ideas are being spread around, but you can't seem to understand that they are the ones that deny Christ, not the other way around.
Nonsense idiot child. It is the requirement of the church to substantiate their claims and they have never done so. It is stupidity to fall for a story of such magnatude and implication as the claim of godhood without substantial evidence to back it up. The church has zero creditable evidence for their claim of possessing the one and only true god. The bible is not evidence of god, the bible is evidence of the bible, that is all. My billion dollar reward stands for a single shred of creditable evidence for any god.
Post 01 Mar 2007, 21:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
tantrikwizard wrote:
rugxulo wrote:
"Vast majority" is a big exaggeration.
How many millions of copies were sold? It maybe an exaggeration, but not a big one. Millions (if not a billion or so) have read the book or seen the movie.


And 90% of all statistics are made up. I've heard that the world has 1 billion Christians, but clearly this is not so. You cannot be actively Christian if you deny God. Like I said, scandal sells, pure and simple. Sad

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
Dan Brown himself has often stated that lots of it is historical, but in reality, he's just a guy trying to earn a living based on fantasy.
That is why it was sold as a murder mystery novel and not a documentary. It is based in history, but the conclusion is not a historic fact. It was never claimed to be a historic fact but that does not change *some* of the facts that it is based in. Agreed it is a fantasy thriller making conclusions based on circumstantial evidence and sparse unrelated historic facts. The conclusion is not a fact and I don't think it was ever solicited as such. It's always been solicited as a fantasy thriller based on historical evidence. It is incorrect to say Dan Brown is pretending to be smarter than he is. The authors did a great deal of research and formulated a very creative conspiracy theory. The man is very smart. Dan Brown is not an anthropologist or archeologist, hes an author or stories. I agree he is making a living based on fantasy, that was the purpose of the book. But it is disengenous to say the man is not as smart as he pretends to be. His bank account and popularity of his books say otherwise.


Money has no relation to intelligence, and that has no relation to true wisdom or knowledge of God. Jesus did not marry, as that was not why He came in human form. If some random guy wants to deny 2000 years of Church history, nobody can stop him. But he is going "against the grain", so to speak. That's not "very smart", IMO. How much "research" can you do if you deny the four authentic gospels??

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
Anybody who denies Christ is God is wrong. I know and believe this.
You believe it, you dont know it. Additionally, what makes you think the documentary denies jesus as god? You have not yet seen the documentary so cannot make such baseless conclusions. I have seen an interview with the producer and he clearly said in no way does he challenge the christian faith, rather he supplies archeological evidence to support it. This documentary may finally give a single shred of evidence to give creditability for the stories of the bible and you reject it without seeing it. You're an astounding idiot.


You have never seen me, and yet you call me an astounding idiot. Also, I have seen prayers answered, which I can justly attribute to God, and that is not something I want to deny. It is indeed contrary to the known faith (whether they admit it or not) to go around telling lies about God Himself. He came in human form, but He was also God, and God does not horse around.

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
In particular, the tomb says "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph", but it is not the same (Jesus' body is in heaven, so is Mary's), especially since this Jesus (Greek for "Joshua", a very common name) and Mary (another common name) aren't related.
You poor ignorant child, you should really stay away from the delusional spatter of your religious leaders and get an unbiased education. There is zero biblical evidence that mary's body is in heaven, none, zip, ziltch.


You deny the Bible, so what do you care? Even if it did say so, you would deny it.

tantrikwizard wrote:

This idea was just imagined up by a certain christian sect (catholics) and is completely historically basesless.


For what possible advantage?! And, again, where's your proof to the contrary? Can you prove she isn't?? (Granted, that's a lame argument, but it's only fair: if you can't see, don't admit or deny, just stay silent.)

tantrikwizard wrote:

Additionally, i should not be defending this documentary because you're clearly a biased indocterinated fanatic, but statiticians have concluded the probability of all these like names being in one tomb as very remote.


Not all scientists are pure atheists going around trumping up their modern logic over agreed-upon fact and faith that has been around for thousands of years. Some do admit that God exists.

tantrikwizard wrote:

It does not matter that the names were common, getting the collection of names together is very unprobable. Next, Mary Magdalene is a title, not a name, Mary Magdalene is a modern interpretation of a very rare title making the possibility of the authenticity of these tomb's being highly likely. You should wait until the evidence is presented before making a conclusion.


As opposed to the "evidence" of the resurrection, the New Testament, the miracles, followers, and everything else??

Jesus' earthly parents were Mary and Joseph, so initially I assumed they were pretending that was who they found. But the woman's DNA didn't match Jesus, so she couldn't be his mother. Then, they turn around and say it was his wife and son. (Where do they get this from?) This is greatly contrary to revealed truth. It would take A LOT of willpower to accept such a wimpy lie over common belief.

tantrikwizard wrote:

It is well known that certain fanatical idiots will deny all evidence against their belief system no matter how creditable it is, it is no suprise that you are among these delusional fanatics that will pre-judge a documentary before it's even released Laughing


Anything that contradicts God's word is crap.

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
Have you read that "gospel"? You claim to have read many so-called "gospels". In particular, some of the bogus "gospels" (e.g. Thomas) change the meanings around and even deny the crucifixion or resurrection.
Yes I have read them all several times. Not only have I read them but I've also read the study notes in journals by authentic scholars and historians, creditable people. The gospel of Judas and Thomas are more creditable sources than the gospel of John because they were written closer to the time of Jesus, wheras the gospel of John was fabricated by the church around 300 C.E.


Those books of lies don't even fully acknowledge Jesus as God or Messiah, so what is the point? Why write them? Why read them? If Jesus is not God, they are wasting their words because that is the entire point!

In particular, how can you revere someone who betrayed an innocent man? How does that make him holier than all the other apostles? Ridiculous! If someone sent me to my death, I wouldn't honor them. And, of course, God does not ask us to sin for Him, and betraying an innocent person is definitely the wrong thing to do.

Matthew 26:21-5 wrote:

And while they were eating, he said, "Amen, I say to you, one of you will betray me." Deeply distressed at this, they began to say to him one after another, "Surely it is not I, Lord?" He said in reply, "He who has dipped his hand into the dish with me is the one who will betray me. The Son of Man indeed goes, as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed. It would be better for that man if he had never been born." Then Judas, his betrayer, said in reply, "Surely it is not I, Rabbi?" He answered, "You have said so."


John 12:3-8 wrote:

Mary took a liter of costly perfumed oil made from genuine aromatic nard and anointed the feet of Jesus and dried them with her hair; the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil. Then Judas the Iscariot, one (of) his disciples, and the one who would betray him, said, "Why was this oil not sold for three hundred days' wages and given to the poor?" He said this not because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief and held the money bag and used to steal the contributions. So Jesus said, "Leave her alone. Let her keep this for the day of my burial. You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have me."


Does this not contradict what the (un) "Gospel" of Judas says??

tantrikwizard wrote:
It is stupidity to fall for a story of such magnatude and implication as the claim of godhood without substantial evidence to back it up. The church has zero creditable evidence for their claim of possessing the one and only true god. The bible is not evidence of god, the bible is evidence of the bible, that is all. My billion dollar reward stands for a single shred of creditable evidence for any god.


It is God's prerogative to convince each of us, but we are very stubborn, selfish, and blind. (Yes, that means me too, naturally.) The Bible is not God, but Jesus is indeed the "Word made flesh" that existed before the world. God Himself and His works should (and would) convince you, if you let Him. It's not like you have anything to lose by trying.

Also, there's a problem with your "billion dollar" argument:

  • I doubt you have it (or anywhere near that much)
  • I doubt you'd give it up if you did, even if you were convinced
  • who gets it? God? me? Pope?
  • who cares? (who wants money? Knowledge of God is worth so much more.)
Post 02 Mar 2007, 00:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:

Also, there's a problem with your "billion dollar" argument:

  • I doubt you have it (or anywhere near that much)
  • I doubt you'd give it up if you did, even if you were convinced
  • who gets it? God? me? Pope?
  • who cares? (who wants money? Knowledge of God is worth so much more.)


You are a very mentally ill and disillusioned schizophrenic. I care not point out the countless flaws in your post, I am just repeating myself at this point and I think it is clear to most readers of this thread that you are mentally ill and have no creditability. However, my billion dollar reward stands, of course I do not have the money at present, but it will take no effort to combine such a reward if any such evidence were ever presented, alas there is none. I can more easily come up with 1 billion dollars than you can provide evidence for your 'belief' and 'faith' system. It is not up to descentors to disprove the claims of the religious types (though we can and do). Rather it is up to the religious types to substantiate their claims, though they fail to do so. My billion dollar reward will go the first person who presents a single shred of creditable evidence for their god. I'm not concerned with proof, just a single tid-bit of evidence will do.
Post 02 Mar 2007, 02:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8975
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

Anybody who denies Christ is God is wrong. I know and believe this.

Chris sweat, eat, go to toilet, sleep, walk, talk using human sound, learn & etc. (human characteristic)

Chris is just a prophet, like those prophets sent before him.

Quote:

if any such evidence were ever presented

first, what kinda evidence you want ? and how should the evidence be delivered to you?
1. God talks to u? you see God? you could see somethign that most people couldn't see?
2. make you dead then bring you alive again?
3. you can foretell what would happen the next hour?
4. or ... (at least let us know what evidence you want).
Post 02 Mar 2007, 15:36
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
sleepsleep wrote:
first, what kinda evidence you want ? and how should the evidence be delivered to you?
1. God talks to u? you see God? you could see somethign that most people couldn't see?
2. make you dead then bring you alive again?
3. you can foretell what would happen the next hour?
4. or ... (at least let us know what evidence you want).

I do not care what form of evidence or how it is delivered, anything will do, I'm very open minded. Present anything and it will be objectively analyzed for creditability.
Post 02 Mar 2007, 16:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
sleepsleep wrote:
Quote:

Anybody who denies Christ is God is wrong. I know and believe this.

Chris sweat, eat, go to toilet, sleep, walk, talk using human sound, learn & etc. (human characteristic)

Chris is just a prophet, like those prophets sent before him.


According to the Koran, right? But, according to the Christian Bible, He is God.

Quote:

I do not care what form of evidence or how it is delivered, anything will do, I'm very open minded. Present anything and it will be objectively analyzed for creditability.


For the record, many people (Old Testament, in their desert wanderings) tested God and continually doubted Him. (We are all guilty!) God does not like that. However, He does care about His people, and does help them. He has not abandoned us. He will help you, if you let Him, but it will not be exactly according to your limited terms. He must do it His way, for His way is better than ours. Like I said, without Him we are just dust. No one can live without Him. Everything good comes from Him.
Post 02 Mar 2007, 18:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:
\For the record, many people (Old Testament, in their desert wanderings) tested God and continually doubted Him. (We are all guilty!) God does not like that. However, He does care about His people, and does help them. He has not abandoned us. He will help you, if you let Him, but it will not be exactly according to your limited terms. He must do it His way, for His way is better than ours. Like I said, without Him we are just dust. No one can live without Him. Everything good comes from Him.

You poor delusional child, there is no god. Everyone knows the cosmos was created by a pack of flying unicorns that sprinkled pixie dust on magic mushrooms. Where have you been? Wake up for christ sake, the cosmos is not that complicated. Embrace the flying unicorns or burn in the fires of mount doom. Frodo will help you if you just reach out to him. Stay away from the evil orcs though, they will tempt you into turning to the dark side of the force where Lord Vador will seduce you. Lord Vador is an evil jedi that DONT FUQ AROUND! If you are a good little boy, Willy Wanka will allow you into his chocolate factory, but only if you have a golden candy wrapper! Dont break any rules though, or the umpa-lumpas will turn you into scarecrow with no heart or a lion with no brain. Then it will be upto the lollypop guild to guide you to the wizard of oz so you can be safe at home again after you click your heels three times and chant 'there's no place like home' To not accept the flying unicorns is just downright stupid because everything that is good comes from them, everyone knows this. The unicorns abandon humanity but if you ask frodo into your heart the lollypop guild will guide you safetly home. Everyone knows this you moron and to deny it is to deny everything that is sacred and you will burn in the fires of mount doom for eternity!!! Repent from your evil ways orc wrangler and embrace the power of the one true ring and the narrow path which is the golden brick road!!! Willy Wanka doesnt take kindly to those who eat unauthorized candy and reading any other book beside the Jedi Academy's Authorized manuals is paramount to suicide. Get a clue you idiot, everyone knows lord vador is going to steal your soul if you dont embrace frodo and the power of the one true ring.
Post 02 Mar 2007, 22:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
tantrikwizard, believing in Christ (the Messiah), coming to free us from the tyranny of sin and repair our lives and relationships, is not equal to believing in unicorns and pixies. It's not that you can't read such and such or do whatever, but some things result in bad. If you're diabetic, you know not to eat certain foods. It's not that you can't, but the effect may not be what you want. Also, if you're really sick, you'll try almost anything to get well. And if it works, you tell everyone you know, "Try this, it works wonders!" But, if you don't know you're sick (or would prefer it, even), then too bad for you, unless someone convinces you otherwise.

How can you be open-minded when you dislike the Church itself? You will never be convinced by them as long as you think everything coming from them is lies. And if Jesus is right in saying, "No one comes to the Father except through me", then you cannot sneak around the back door. It is out of anybody's hands to convince you. The Church does not (and cannot) separate God and a believer. But God knows your heart: He knows what you need and want. He is still helping you and others, whether they know it or not.

It is hard to admit you're wrong sometimes, especially regarding something so important. (But who cares? None of us knows everything. We are all beggars in God's eyes, and He cares for us fervently!) Who wants to believe a lie and look like a fool? (Not me. Luckily, I am not alone.) Who wants everybody criticizing them for their beliefs? (Nobody. But why deny your own Father?)
Post 03 Mar 2007, 00:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:
tantrikwizard, believing in Christ (the Messiah), coming to free us from the tyranny of sin and repair our lives and relationships, is not equal to believing in unicorns and pixies.
No you poor ignorant bastard, belief in unicorns are the only feedom from tyranny of sin and only unicorns can repair your life and relationships, jesus is no equal to unicorns you blabbering fool. What dont you understand? Why can you not get it through your thick skull that only frodo can save you. I'm trying to help save your soul from the wrath of the sith lords and you just keep ignoring it. What is so confusing for you?

rugxulo wrote:
It's not that you can't read such and such or do whatever, but some things result in bad.
such as falling for the false messiah jesus of nazerath and not Frodo of the shire. Frodo will forgive you though if you allow him to.

rugxulo wrote:
How can you be open-minded when you dislike the Church itself?
The church teaches about the false messiah jesus and not about the only true salvation through the yellow brick road you moron. What dont you understand? Why can you not comprehend that without the wizard of oz you are doomed? I am just trying to help you. Please pay attention for your own good.

rugxulo wrote:
You will never be convinced by them as long as you think everything coming from them is lies.
They will never be able to see the real truth of Willy Wanka unless they quit spreading lies and embrace the power of the one true ring. Why cant you see the simple truth of J.R.R. Tolken, the only true gospel.

rugxulo wrote:
And if Jesus is right in saying, "No one comes to the Father except through me", then you cannot sneak around the back door.
that is what makes him a flase prophet. Gandolf showed us the only true way and you must embrace it or burn in the fires of mount doom for eternity! Frodo save your soul!

rugxulo wrote:
It is out of anybody's hands to convince you.
Why do you not accept Willy Wanka? He was sent to show you a signs and wonders of a chocolate afterworld full of umpa lumpas and everlasting gobstopers. No one can make you accept the truth of his magical chocolate factory but the invitiation is always open to you (if you have the golden wrapper of course)

rugxulo wrote:
The Church does not (and cannot) separate God and a believer.
Willy Wanka has no trouble seperating chocolate from raspberry filling, therefore the church is inferior to Willy.

rugxulo wrote:
But God knows your heart:
Nonsense, only the unicorns know! that church has spread lies and decieved you! the unicorns are the only true salvation from Lord Vador the evil sith!

rugxulo wrote:
He knows what you need and want. He is still helping you and others, whether they know it or not.
Nonsense you poor delusional child. Everyone knows it is up to the lollypop guild and not this imaginary god fellow. Get your head out of your ass! The lollypop guild knows what you need and they're at hand to help if you only accept them truely.

rugxulo wrote:
It is hard to admit you're wrong sometimes, especially regarding something so important.
Ha! I am not wrong, you just cannot accept the lepricans. No one can force the lepricans into your heart, it is up to you to accept them. Repent orc wrangler and turn from your evil ways so lollypop guild can truely help you.

rugxulo wrote:
Who wants to believe a lie and look like a fool? (Not me.
that is what I ask, then why have you not yet renounced your false god and embraced the true power of the one true ring? Follow the white rabbit Neo!! The oracle is calling for you to discover the truth!

rugxulo wrote:
Who wants everybody criticizing them for their beliefs? (Nobody. But why deny your own Father?)
Your false preaching will land you smoking a turd in the fires of mount doom for eternity unless Morphious shows you the one true way. May the unicorns have mercy on your wretched soul!
Post 03 Mar 2007, 02:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
(yes, this is late, but I was too slow / busy to post it here earlier ... it is in response to attacks on the Pope's so-called opulence):

Quote:

Vatican, Mar. 27, 2007 (CWNews.com) - All Vatican employees will enjoy €500 bonus and a holiday on April 16 to mark the 80th birthday of Pope Benedict XVI (bio - news).

Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone (bio - news), the Secretary of State, announced plans for the bonus. The last such special gift to employees-- another €500 bonus-- came to celebrate the election of Pope Benedict in April 2005. Just a few weeks earlier, the camerlengo of the papal household, supervising Vatican affairs in the interregnum after the death of Pope John Paul II (bio - news), had declared a €1,000 bonus (about $1,300) for every employee in thanksgiving for their service during the long reign of the Polish Pontiff.

Pope Benedict will celebrate Mass in St. Peter's basilica on April 15 in anticipation of his birthday. Just a few days later, on April 19, he will celebrate the 2nd anniversary of his election to the papacy.

Former Italian prime minister Giulio Andreotti, who is now a Senator for Life and editor of the monthly 30 Giorni, has announced plans for a special birthday edition of that magazine in tribute to the Pope on his birthday. Andreotti has asked cardinals to send him their birthday wishes for the Pope, which he will publish in the next issue.
Post 24 May 2007, 05:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Maverick



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 251
Location: Citizen of the Universe
Maverick
What the hell do you want to demonstrate here, ragxulo, that the fsking priests live with 500 EUR each year maybe?

Will you listen an Italian who knows those pedophiles very well? They're fsking rich, all of them, some are smart enough not to show it to the four winds, others don't even care to hide it.
Did you know that 22% of the Italian buildings belong to the Vatican?? And that each time they buy a building they do everything to evict the families living there, to convert the building (most of the times) to luxury hotels. Did you know that? Did you know that they don't pay buildings' taxes in the Italian territory, supposedly because those buildings should be for hosting the poors, while most of them are for hosting the rich? Did you know that they get a lot of money from Italians, but those they give back to the poors are 1% at most? All the rest goes to the IOR, the Vatican bank, the same who is responsible for the killing, among others, of Pope Luciano and Dr. Roberto Calvi. Do you know what a pig was the holy Marcinkus?

Jesus was living in poverty, does the Pope and Friends (tm) do the same? How can you be SO BLIND?

But it's a matter of Faith, Maverick! YOU ARE SO BLIND RAGXULO, period.

Did you know that computers are the Devil's tools and that Satana hides in the hard disks? There was a famous believer whose mission was to state this. Please get out of my PC, ragxulo! I will call Milingo to evict you from my PC!
Post 24 May 2007, 06:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on YouTube, Twitter.

Website powered by rwasa.