flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Buddism (possibly offencive, beware)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Maverick



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 251
Location: Citizen of the Universe
Maverick
again, ragxulo: do you believe the Eearth is flat??? Do you believe the Sun orbits around the Earth??? Because the Church has fought and killed many illuminated innocents for that, under the influence and in the name of "God".

Will you answer? What do you fear? Just the truth? That's nothing, babe!
Post 20 Feb 2007, 07:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
tantrikwizard's weird translation wrote:

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham" (Genesis 22:1)


Again, a problem with your translation, not God's fault. AFAIK, the New American Bible was translated from the oldest existing sources (Hebrew, Greek) over the course of 25 years by a lot of different people. That is the Bible I use and trust. Here's what it says:

Genesis 22:1 (NAB) wrote:

The Testing of Abraham
Some time after these events, God put Abraham to the test.


Anyways, back to the other topic ...

tantrikwizard wrote:
the delusional schizophrenic rugxulo wrote:
Hell is separation from God.
You poor idiot child. Your first assumption is that god exists, your second assumption is that one can be seperated from god i.e. hell, yet you fail to realize the impact of this conclusion given your definition of god as omnipresent and eternal. If god is omnipresent then seperation is not possible, thus hell does not exist. Either hell does not exist or god is not omnipresent and eternal, take your pick.


Hell is a state of mind. But God is with us even now as we speak. Does that mean that you, who can't see, are temporarily in Hell?

1 John 4:6 wrote:

We belong to God, and anyone who knows God listens to us, while anyone who does not belong to God refuses to hear us. This is how we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit. Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love.
...
There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment, and so one who fears is not yet perfect in love.
We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother, he is a liar; for whoever does not love a brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. This is the commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.


There are four types of responses to Jesus, but surely only true belief and following in Jesus is the right course of action. God is the source of all goodness (that is, "none is good but God alone"), so continually denying His help is like cutting off your own feet and poking out your eyes.

HOWEVER, if Jesus/God can cure the blind, lepers, and raise the dead, surely He can cure the (spiritually) blind, (spiritual) lepers, and raise the (spiritual) dead, if you let Him. But He will not force you to hold on to the truth. "God listens", that is a fact. "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good." (Proverbs 15:3)

tantrikwizard wrote:

the kookoo rugxulo wrote:
Do you hate this "man" because He says "hate"?
I do not hate anyone but his actions and the result of his actions are reprimandable and deplorable.

the retard rugxulo wrote:
Where did He ever split up any family?

I believe the man when he said his goal was to tear families apart and to bring destruction to earth.


Then you believe wrongly. In my paper Bible, Matthew 10 immediately starts out with the subheading The Mission of the Twelve (their selection), then The Commissioning of the Twelve (orders what to do). After that comes Coming Persecutions:

Matthew 10:17 wrote:

But beware of people, for they will hand you over to courts and scourge you in their synagogues, and you will be led before governors and kings for my sake as a witness before them and the pagans.
...
Brother will hand over brother to death, and the father his child; children will rise up against parents and have them put to death. You will be hated by all because of my name, but whoever endures to the end will be saved.
...
Courage under Persecution
And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.
...
Jesus: A Cause of Division
Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man "against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household" (Jesus is quoting Micah 7:6)
...
The Conditions of Discipleship
Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Rewards
Whoever receives you receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me.
...
And whoever gives only a cup of cold water to one of these little ones to drink because he is a disciple -- amen, I say to you, he will surely not lose his reward.


Basically, Jesus is sending his 12 Apostles out to preach to the world, but it will be a hard job. In other words, they will often be disrespected and mistreated, even by their own families and friends.

P.S. Lent begins tomorrow. I am in no way pointing the finger at anyone as I have gone FAR astray myself in the past. That is what makes me mad and embarrasses me, even urges me on here, as most of you are young and ill-informed like I was. This "good news" about Christ is for everyone on Earth, and I am certainly not claiming that I am anything beyond a "useless servant." God be glorified!

New American Bible
Gospel according to John
Penitential Psalms (although they're all equally good)
Our Father, Hail Mary in a billion languages
Post 21 Feb 2007, 00:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Maverick



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 251
Location: Citizen of the Universe
Maverick
Thus the Earth is flat, okay!

Should I have expected else?
Post 21 Feb 2007, 07:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
Maverick wrote:
Thus the Earth is flat, okay!

Should I have expected else?


Who cares? What does that have to do with eternal salvation?

Last I heard, every one of the Apostles (minus Judas Iscariot, who defected) was either murdered or almost murdered (the lone exception was supposedly St. John, who was thrown in hot wax?? but he survived, my guess is so that he could write/initiate the gospel often attributed to him).

Wikipedia wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_the_Evangelist

Christian tradition says that John was one of Christ's apostles, and was the only one to live into his old age; he was not martyred for his faith.


This response was directly due to their belief in Jesus.

Psalm 27:10 wrote:

Even if my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will take me in.


tantrikwizard erroneously wrote:

What makes you think he forgives it? Oh wait, I know, someone has programmed you and you fell for it Wink It is probably biblical based madness, but I can even refute the idea that god forgives sin using the porno bible. This is all bible based, and the bible is not a creditable source for the validity of the bible, it has zero moral or supernatural authority, it is just a book.


Proverbs 19 wrote:

It is good sense in a man to be slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
...
Chastise your son, for in this there is hope; but do not desire his death.
...
Listen to counsel and receive instruction, that you may eventually become wise.
...
If you beat an arrogant man, the simple learn a lesson; if you rebuke an intelligent man, he gains knowledge.

He who mistreats his father, or drives away his mother, is a worthless and disgraceful son.

If a son ceases to hear instruction, he wanders from words of knowledge.


Proverbs 14:26 wrote:

In the fear of the LORD is a strong defense; even for one's children he will be a refuge.

The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, that a man may avoid the snares of death.

In many subjects lies the glory of the king; but if his people are few, it is the prince's ruin.

The patient man shows much good sense, but the quick-tempered man displays folly at its height.

A tranquil mind gives life to the body, but jealousy rots the bones.

He who oppresses the poor blasphemes his Maker, but he who is kind to the needy glorifies him.

The wicked man is overthrown by his wickedness, but the just man finds a refuge in his honesty.

In the heart of the intelligent wisdom abides, but in the bosom of fools it is unknown.

Virtue exalts a nation, but sin is a people's disgrace.

The king favors the intelligent servant, but the worthless one incurs his wrath.
Post 21 Feb 2007, 21:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Maverick



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 251
Location: Citizen of the Universe
Maverick
rugxulo wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Thus the Earth is flat, okay!

Should I have expected else?


Who cares? What does that have to do with eternal salvation?

GET A LIFE NOW and you'll stop thinking about eternal salvation, you young kid.

Life is NOW, not after you die. And you're wasting it all. The ONLY life you have and you'll ever have, you're wasting it for nothing. Now THIS IS A UNFORGIVABLE SIN, you unexperienced little kid.

_________________
Greets,
Fabio
Post 22 Feb 2007, 09:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:
Who cares? What does that have to do with eternal salvation?

You poor idiot child, your type represents all that is wrong with religion. Among your illnesses are the fervant conviction that your ideaology is the only right one (religious fanaticism), inability to differenciate between fantasy and reality (delusional schizophrenia) and inability to stop preaching your maddness at people who disagree with it (zealot). If your psychology is the product of your jesus cult, it should be banned by law and all its members subject to deprogramming. The problem you fundamentalist, evangelical dispensationalists fail to recognize is there is zero creditable evidence for your fantasy. None what so ever, you idiots just blabber off quotes from your christian comic book (bible) as if others fall for it and should pay attention to it. You may as well rattle off quotes by john doe. What good does it do to recite quotes by john doe? Nothing. Blabbering off portions of the bible to justify your fantasy just means you have no logic to prove it and no personal authority of your own to rely upon. Get some education idiot child.
Post 22 Feb 2007, 14:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
tantrikwizard wrote:
rugxulo wrote:
Who cares? What does that have to do with eternal salvation?

You poor idiot child, your type represents all that is wrong with religion. Among your illnesses are the fervant conviction that your ideaology is the only right one (religious fanaticism), inability to differenciate between fantasy and reality (delusional schizophrenia) and inability to stop preaching your maddness at people who disagree with it (zealot). If your psychology is the product of your jesus cult, it should be banned by law and all its members subject to deprogramming. The problem you fundamentalist, evangelical dispensationalists fail to recognize is there is zero creditable evidence for your fantasy. None what so ever, you idiots just blabber off quotes from your christian comic book (bible) as if others fall for it and should pay attention to it. You may as well rattle off quotes by john doe. What good does it do to recite quotes by john doe? Nothing. Blabbering off portions of the bible to justify your fantasy just means you have no logic to prove it and no personal authority of your own to rely upon. Get some education idiot child.


"Only right one"? I'm a fanatic just because I say "Jesus is God" or because I say "God exists"? Or maybe it's because I suggest strict adherence to the "Ten Commandments" (wow, such an outsider I am, what a weird idea, obeying that).

What evidence would convince you? You've denied everything I've thrown at you so far, and surely I am NOT used to "evangelizing" anyone. (Maybe that's why?)

You CAN do whatever you want, but all actions have consequences ("For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." See this since you revere science so much.) Why is it so hard to find God? I don't know, but He found me, not the other way around. And you deny that by calling me ill, uneducated, or whatever without any evidence.

I have heard God called the "hound of heaven" because it is He who seeks us, not us seeking Him. If He hasn't found you yet, don't fret, He will.

We Christians are all supposedly expected to witness to our faith (if necessary??), but I haven't really had the chance (or urge, honestly) to do so until now. Of course, I'm definitely one of the weaker Christians out there (having not many faithful years under my belt), so that's no surprise. Sometimes God pulls away so we can see our own weaknesses and finally acknowledge Him in all humility. Which would you prefer: knowledge or the illusion of knowledge? (God, help them, surely I know as well as any how lame it is without knowing You. There is none better than You. Please help us learn!)
Post 22 Feb 2007, 20:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bogdanontanu



Joined: 07 Jan 2004
Posts: 403
Location: Sol. Earth. Europe. Romania. Bucuresti
bogdanontanu
Once upon a time, king Janaka sent a message to the people in his kingdom: "If there be amongst you a great scholar, a Pundit, a Mahatma, a Yogi, a Maharishi, a Sage, whoever he may be, let him come and teach me the knowledge of Atma." In his message he said that he expected to attain Atma Jnana, Self-knowledge, within a matter of a few moments of being properly instructed. Even while climbing onto his horse, before he was completely settled on to it, he should have attained Atma Jnana. He said: "If the person offering to teach me Atma Jnana is not able to accomplish this task of providing me an experience of instant illumination, then I don't want to see him, even if he is the greatest scholar, or the most learned person, or the highly educated person in the land." Well, all the Pundits and Rishis were a little frightened by this requirement. They saw that this would be a severe test on their scholarship and learning, and so none dared to come forth and offer himself to instruct the king and meet the conditions that had been posed.

It was at this point that the boy Astavakra entered the kingdom. While he was going on the road towards the capital city of Mithilapuram, he met a number of people coming from there, including scholars and Pundits; all of them had long faces, looking worried and grief-ridden. Astavakra asked them what was the cause for their worry and grief. They explained to him all the things that had happened. But Astavakra couldn't understand why they should get frightened over such a small thing. He added: "I will gladly solve this problem for the king." So saying he directly entered the court of Janaka. He addressed the king: "My dear King, I am ready to enable you to experience the knowledge of Atma as you desire. But this sacred knowledge cannot be taught so easily. This palace is full of Rajo Guna and Tamo Guna. We must leave this place and enter an area of pure Satva." So, they left the palace and went along the road leading out of the city towards the forest. As was the custom whenever the emperor went outside his palace walls, the army followed behind; but Janaka had them remain outside the forest.

Astavakra and Janaka entered the forest. Astavakra told King Janaka: "I am not going to fulfil your wish unless you accept my conditions. I may be only a boy, but I am in the position of a preceptor; and you may be an all-powerful emperor, you are in the position of a disciple. Are you prepared to accept this relationship? If you agree then you will have to offer the traditional gift to the Guru, the Gurudakshina that is given by the Sishya to the Guru. Only after you give your offering to me will I start my instruction to you." King Janaka told Astavakra: "The attainment of God is the most important thing to me, so I am prepared to give you absolutely anything you want." But Astavakra replied: "I don't want any material things from you, all I want is your mind. You must give me your mind." The king answered: "Alright, I offer my mind to you. Up to now I thought that this was my mind, but from now onwards it will be yours."

Astavakra told Janaka to dismount from his horse and made the horse stand in front of the king and then he told the king to sit down in the middle of the road. Astavakra walked into the forest and sat quietly under a tree. The soldiers waited for a long time. Neither the king nor Astavakra returned from the forest. The soldiers wanted to find out what had happened to them, so one by one, they proceeded to look for them. When they went along the road leading into the forest, they found the king seated there, in the middle of the road. The horse was standing in front of the king. The king had his eyes closed and sat still almost immobile. Astavakra was not to be seen. The officers were afraid that Astavakra might have exercised some magic spell over the king and had made him lose consciousness. The went to look for the Prime Minister.

The Prime Minister came and addressed Janaka: "O King! O King! O King!" But King Janaka did not open his eyes; he did not move at all. The Prime Minister became frightened. Not only the Prime Minister but all the officials were now getting frightened, because the time when the King usually took his food and drink had passed and the king still had not stirred. In this way the day went on and evening came, but the king did not move from his position, sitting there immobile on the road. Left with no alternative, the Prime Minister sent the chariot back to the city to bring the queen thinking that if the queen spoke to the king, he would surely respond. The queen came and addressed the king: "Rajah, Rajah, Rajah!" The king did not stir; there was absolutely no response from the king. Meanwhile the soldiers searched throughout the whole forest for Astavakra. There, under a tree, Astavakra was seated peacefully, in absolute calm and serenity.

The soldiers caught hold of him and brought him towards the place where the king was. Astavakra told them: "Why are you all so worried? The king is safe and everything is alright." But still they insisted and brought him before the King seated on the road with his eyes closed, his body completely still. The soldier said: "Here, look for yourself! See what has happened to the king!". Until that time, whether the Prime Minister, or the ministers, or the queen or any of the other court officials or common people, had called out and addressed the king, he neither opened his mouth in answer nor opened his eyes in acknowledgment. But now Astavakra came and spoke to the king. King Janaka immediately opened his eyes and replied, "Swami!" Astavakra questioned the king: "Well, the ministers have come, and the soldiers have come, and also many others have come, why did you not reply to their entreaties?" Janaka answered: "Thoughts, words and deeds are associated with the mind, and I offered my mind entirely to you. Therefore before I can use the mind for anything, I need your permission. What authority do I have to speak to anyone or use this mind in any way without your permission and command." Then Astavakra said: "You have attained the state of God-realization."

Astavakra told Janaka to put one foot in the stirrup and get up on the horse. By the time he had climbed up and seated himself on the horse and put his other foot in the stirrup, he had attained the experience of Atma. Once a person has offered his mind, and with it all his words, deeds and thoughts, then he will not have the authority or the power to perform any actions without the permission of the one to whom he has surrendered his mind.

_________________
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger,
more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."
Post 22 Feb 2007, 22:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bogdanontanu



Joined: 07 Jan 2004
Posts: 403
Location: Sol. Earth. Europe. Romania. Bucuresti
bogdanontanu
During the exile of the Pandavas, Krishna visited them to enquire about their welfare. He spent a night with them. The Pandavas had to undergo untold suffering during their exile. As Draupadi was also with them, they would keep vigil in turns for one hour each, every night. Krishna also volunteered to keep vigil for one hour.

Dharmaja wondered, "When You are the protector of the entire universe, what is the meaning in your standing sentry for an hour to protect us?" Yet he cautioned Krishna: "Krishna, beware of the devil - my brothers and I encounter it every night. On many occasions it has tried to attack us. Therefore, we pray to you not to do a turn in guard duty. You have come to enquire about our welfare. We should not put you in danger. Kindly take rest." Krishna replied, "Dharmaja, is this what you have understood of my divinity? On the one hand you extol me as the protector of the entire universe and on the other you are apprehensive that I cannot protect myself. You are worried that the demon will harm me. Rest assured that no demon can touch me. Therefore, permit me also to join you all in doing the security duty."

Having completed one hour duty, Krishna sat on a rock and was smiling to himself. It was Arjuna's turn next. He rushed to Krishna, a bit worried that the demon might have attacked him. Seeing Krishna smiling, Arjuna fell at His feet and inquired whether he had vanquished the demon. Krishna replied, "Arjuna, I have never created demons and evil spirits. Then, how can the non-existent demons appear in the forest? The demon you are talking about is not a demon at all. It is just a reflection of the evil qualities within you such as hatred, anger and jealousy. The anger in you is manifesting as the demon. Its power is increasing in proportion to the intensity of anger in you." The evil qualities of man are the real demons troubling him today. Man is under the mistaken notion that demons exist and that they are responsible for his suffering. This is all nothing but imagination and psychological fear. Only man puts another man to suffering; there is no demon as such. There are no demons and evil spirits in this creation. Arjuna realized the truth of Krishna's words and thereafter did not encounter the demon. Arjuna was beholden to Krishna for the revelation. He fell at his feet and expressed his gratitude. Good and bad are man's own creations.

_________________
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger,
more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."
Post 22 Feb 2007, 22:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
eg.
your friend ask you to guess how much money in his wallet, he claimed he got fifty dollar and fifty cents there.

so, here comes the logic of "faith". you could only prove what he said is true only if he hands his wallet to you and you count it youself. (but, the moment you finish counting it, what the amount inside the wallet would become a "fact", and there is no price for faith that comes after fact because you could no longer believe but you must accept it as fact.
Post 22 Feb 2007, 23:32
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
I have read things like this before, and they are more than useless, even harmful if you think they teach you anything. The illusion of knowledge is a dangerous thing. But, if you don't listen to correction, you'll just have to learn the "hard way": making the same mistakes yourself.

bogdanontanu wrote:

Good and bad are man's own creations.


Then why do they rage on and on in this topic about all the "atrocities" committed by Christians? Because you know better: you know some things are bad and some are good. Murder and death are not good, but they did not originate from God. Obviously, many here cannot get past that idea. I don't know what to tell you if you think man is the absolute best and worst in the universe. Man can do nothing alone, so why such high praise and high condemnation towards such a weakling?
Post 22 Feb 2007, 23:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:
"Only right one"? I'm a fanatic just because I say "Jesus is God" or because I say "God exists"?
Yes. You are a religious fanatic because you say these things as definite and absolute instead of saying 'I believe', 'It is my opinion' or 'I think'. Instead you declare these things as absolute facts without any evidence. This is an extreme case of indocterination and programming and it makes you a religious fanatic
rugxulo wrote:
What evidence would convince you?
Any evidence will do you poor idiot child. I am still offering 1 billion dollars for a single shred of creditable evidence. Your christian comic book is not creditable evidence for your christian comic book, just as harry potter is not creditable evidence for harry potter. Get a clue you idiot.
rugxulo wrote:
And you deny that by calling me ill, uneducated, or whatever without any evidence.
You demonstrate mounds of evidence of your illiteracy and mental illness but none for your god.
rugxulo wrote:
We Christians are all supposedly expected to witness to our faith (if necessary??), but I haven't really had the chance (or urge, honestly) to do so until now. Of course, I'm definitely one of the weaker Christians out there (having not many faithful years under my belt), so that's no surprise.
Yes I've already pointed out why you and your kind are the biggest hipocrites on the planet. You've already admitted you cannot do the great works that you fantasy says you can. Your cult says if you had the faith of a mustard seed that you can move mountains and if you believe in jesus all his amazing works and more you can do. Clearly you either do not have the faith of a mustard seed, in which case your a blind idiot preaching nonsense you dont understand, or jesus was a liar. I opt for both.
rugxulo wrote:
Please help us learn!
Try a higher education at a university instead of fumbling around in fairytales of bronze age tribesmen.
Post 23 Feb 2007, 01:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:
I have read things like this before, and they are more than useless, even harmful if you think they teach you anything.
Indeed you have got to be one of the most unreasonable and mentally ill persons on the planet. If you up hold 'faith' as greater than 'fact' then there is little hope for you in many social settings.

bogdanontanu wrote:

Good and bad are man's own creations.

rugxulo wrote:
Then why do they rage on and on in this topic about all the "atrocities" committed by Christians?
You poor stupid child, you have the IQ of belly button lint. We speak out against the sickness of christianity because it is self-contradictory and violates the rules humans have established as good. There is no spooky invisible man in the clouds that dishes out decrees on good and bad. All such moral and ethical positions have been established by humans you poor ignorant child.

the retard rugxulo wrote:
Because you know better: you know some things are bad and some are good.
only because we have made them so. There is no such thing as imperical good or bad, they change with time and culture you poor illiterate moron.

the retard rugxulo wrote:
Murder and death are not good, but they did not originate from God.
Very interesting considering the vast majority of murders and death in history have been attributed your god fellow.


the retard rugxulo wrote:
I don't know what to tell you if you think man is the absolute best and worst in the universe. Man can do nothing alone, so why such high praise and high condemnation towards such a weakling?
logic?? common sense?? evidence to back up your nonsense fantasies??? Your fantasy really holds no weight in the face of reality. The reality is human beings are the most advanced and capabile beings in the cosmos. We know of nothing greater than human kind. You may believe in angels, gods, lepricans, pixies, superman, inter-galactic time traveling anthropologists, any sort of crazy idea you want. Unfortunatly there is no evidence for any of them, just hearsay, so you must rely on what we know, not what you believe.
Post 23 Feb 2007, 01:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
tantrikwizard wrote:
rugxulo wrote:
"Only right one"? I'm a fanatic just because I say "Jesus is God" or because I say "God exists"?
Yes. You are a religious fanatic because you say these things as definite and absolute instead of saying 'I believe', 'It is my opinion' or 'I think'. Instead you declare these things as absolute facts without any evidence. This is an extreme case of indocterination and programming and it makes you a religious fanatic


In heaven, there is no "faith" or "hope" because we see God face to face: there is only "love." If I have seen the works of God, and God answers my prayers, how can I even pretend otherwise? If I did not admit His goodness, I'd be either a liar or really weak in faith itself. Faith cannot exist if you keep denying it.

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
What evidence would convince you?
Any evidence will do you poor idiot child. I am still offering 1 billion dollars for a single shred of creditable evidence. Your christian comic book is not creditable evidence for your christian comic book, just as harry potter is not creditable evidence for harry potter. Get a clue you idiot.


Here's what I know based upon my own experiences (though I do use Biblical words to explain it):

God is always watching over us. God is loving: patient and kind. He cares for us, pays attention to our needs, and helps when He can (also see Isaiah 41). He comes speedily to answer our prayers. However, He often does so via other people: messengers (angels), followers (disciples), family (God's gift to us), those He specifically sent originally to spread His word (apostles, their writings), those He calls to serve Him (priests, nuns), or those who He converses with (prophets, their writings).

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
And you deny that by calling me ill, uneducated, or whatever without any evidence.
You demonstrate mounds of evidence of your illiteracy and mental illness but none for your god.


By text alone (a few pages in a forum) you say I demonstrate "mounds of evidence" for my so-called illness and ignorance, but text alone (Bible, 1400 pages) is not enough "evidence" of God for you??

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
We Christians are all supposedly expected to witness to our faith (if necessary??), but I haven't really had the chance (or urge, honestly) to do so until now. Of course, I'm definitely one of the weaker Christians out there (having not many faithful years under my belt), so that's no surprise.
Yes I've already pointed out why you and your kind are the biggest hipocrites on the planet. You've already admitted you cannot do the great works that you fantasy says you can.


These works cannot be done by man, and God never said otherwise. Only when we ask in His name (with faith and hope: trust and confidence in His goodness) shall He help us, if it is right and just in His eyes.

tantrikwizard wrote:

Your cult says if you had the faith of a mustard seed that you can move mountains and if you believe in jesus all his amazing works and more you can do. Clearly you either do not have the faith of a mustard seed, in which case your a blind idiot preaching nonsense you dont understand, or jesus was a liar. I opt for both.


Man cannot surpass God in His power! It is impossible, don't you know that? What mighty works can a simple man do? Nothing. "Apart from you there is no good in me" (Psalms), and "None is good but God alone" (gospels).

tantrikwizard wrote:

rugxulo wrote:
Please help us learn!
Try a higher education at a university instead of fumbling around in fairytales of bronze age tribesmen.


But not just any university, only a "good" one which agrees with you, right? There are many universities which admit the existence of God, but you deny them all because you deny Him. (I do not accuse you, but how can I lie? Why would I? Please honestly listen what I'm telling you.)
Post 23 Feb 2007, 21:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias



Joined: 09 Sep 2003
Posts: 1320
Location: usa
tom tobias
rugxulo wrote:
God is loving: patient and kind. He cares for us, pays attention to our needs, and helps when He can

No, friend. These are HUMAN attributes, not supernatural capabililities. Please read something about anthropomorphism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anthropomorphic_personifications
An omniscient, omnipotent force beyond nature has no need for human frailities......WE, ordinary people, have need for a benevolent dictator to reign in the chaos and create, by magic, by waving a wand in the air, an end to disease, toil, trouble, greed, selfishness, hunger, and poverty. Since we have no power to actually create such a force, we do the next best thing: we invent a mythical kingdom where none of the grotesque tragedy around us prevails, and we mentally, if not physically, relocate to that new, mythical kingdom. Christianity, Buddhism, and all the rest, are nothing more than fairy tales for children....
Post 23 Feb 2007, 21:22
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
the mentally ill rugxulo wrote:
In heaven, there is no "faith" or "hope" because we see God face to face: there is only "love."
Care to back this nonsense up with some evidence?
the mentally ill rugxulo wrote:
If I did not admit His goodness, I'd be either a liar or really weak in faith itself.
or mentally ill.
the mentally ill rugxulo wrote:
Here's what I know based upon my own experiences (though I do use Biblical words to explain it):
no one cares about your experiences, theyre not credtiable evidence, its just hearsay. Shall I tell you about my experiences with unicorns? Will you fall for them too?
the mentally ill rugxulo wrote:
By text alone (a few pages in a forum) you say I demonstrate "mounds of evidence" for my so-called illness and ignorance, but text alone (Bible, 1400 pages) is not enough "evidence" of God for you??
Yes you poor sick child. Both you and the bible demonstrate extreme cases of psychosis, delirium and schizophrenia. It only takes a few sentances to identify a warped sense of reality and inability to differenciate between fantasy and reality, you are an extreme case and should seek immediate professional help. The bible was written by fools and you fell for it, which makes you a fools fool.
the mentally ill rugxulo wrote:
These works cannot be done by man...<snip bunch of baseless indocterination and programming>...eyes.
Care to back this nonsense up with some creditable evidence you poor mentally ill child?
the mentally ill rugxulo wrote:
Man cannot surpass God in His power...<snip more baseless religious dogma with no evidence>...God alone" (gospels).
Care to back this nonsense up with some evidence other than your christian comic book son?
the mentally ill rugxulo wrote:
But not just any university, only a "good" one which agrees with you, right?
no you poor delusional child, there are many good universities that are unbiased, take your pick, but stay away from the jesus universities if you want an unbiased education on comparitive religion. Going to a jesus university for an education on religion is like going to PETA to learn how hotdogs are made.
the mentally ill rugxulo wrote:
Please honestly listen what I'm telling you.)
It is not the case that we misunderstand or have no heard what you are saying. Rather, we reject it and disagree with it because it is delusional baseless nonsense. Should we pay so much attention to some kookoo trying to force feed us his imagination of Frodo and the magic ring? No one cares you poor ignorant child.
Post 23 Feb 2007, 22:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
tantrikwizard wrote:

Yes you poor sick child. Both you and the bible demonstrate extreme cases of psychosis, delirium and schizophrenia. It only takes a few sentances to identify a warped sense of reality and inability to differenciate between fantasy and reality, you are an extreme case and should seek immediate professional help. The bible was written by fools and you fell for it, which makes you a fools fool.


Isaiah 41:10-3 wrote:

Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God. I will strengthen you, and help you, and uphold you with my right hand of justice. Yes, all shall be put to shame and disgrace who vent their anger against you; Those shall perish and come to nought who offer resistance. You shall seek out, but shall not find, those who strive against you; They shall be as nothing at all who do battle with you. For I am the LORD, your God, who grasp your right hand; It is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you."


Psalms 53:2-7 wrote:

Fools say in their hearts, "There is no God." Their deeds are loathsome and corrupt; not one does what is right. God looks down from heaven upon the human race, To see if even one is wise, if even one seeks God. All have gone astray; all alike are perverse. Not one does what is right, not even one. Will these evildoers never learn? They devour my people as they devour bread; they do not call upon God. They have good reason to fear, though now they do not fear. For God will certainly scatter the bones of the godless. They will surely be put to shame, for God has rejected them. Oh, that from Zion might come the deliverance of Israel, That Jacob may rejoice and Israel be glad when God restores the people!
Post 25 Feb 2007, 21:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tantrikwizard



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 142
tantrikwizard
rugxulo wrote:
Isaiah 41:10-3 wrote:
Fear not, I am with you...<snip quotes from the christian comic book>..
Psalms 53:2-7 wrote:
Fools say in their hearts, ...<snip more quotes from the christian comic book>...
Sense you like what others have to say so much...here's a few quotes from esteemed founding fathers of the United States.
on August 10, 1787, Thomas Jefferson wrote:
Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.
John Adams wrote:
I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved -- the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced...This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.
on April 1, 1774, James Madison wrote:
Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise…During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution.
Post 25 Feb 2007, 23:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 2341
Location: Usono (aka, USA)
rugxulo
http://www.law.indiana.edu/uslawdocs/declaration.html

Declaration of Independence wrote:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Post 26 Feb 2007, 01:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias



Joined: 09 Sep 2003
Posts: 1320
Location: usa
tom tobias
I am unable to explain why "rugxulo" cited the "Declaration of Independence", authored by slave owner and renowned atheist Thomas Jefferson. For sure, Jefferson did not believe in the supposed miracles, and had his own version of the bible, which eliminated all of the nonsensical supernatural episodes, leaving behind only the moral teachings, such as not murdering the aboriginal "Indians", precepts which, Jefferson and many other Virginia slave owners (Washington, Madison, Monroe) ignored. Jefferson, a supposed scientist, founder of University of Virginia (first large scale institution of higher learning to center its academic facilities around a LIBRARY, with no church anywhere on the premises!), authored a little known tract against miscegenation, and then, a decade later, this dishonest hypocrite fathered several "illegitimate" children with at least one of his African slaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson
thomas jefferson, criticizing the Catholic Church, wrote:
"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make half the world fools and half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the world"-
Recent DNA evidence may explain Jefferson's intimate feelings for Africa:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6332545.stm

For anyone interested in the original topic of this thread, here is an interesting article explaining why the Catholic church is unable to grasp the fundamentals of Buddhism....

http://buddhismtoday.com/english/dialogue/04-tcn-doithoaigiaohoang.htm

Perhaps this may explain why "rugxulo" has quoted so extensively from irrelevant sources, instead of focusing on the aspects of Buddhism so clearly presented in this article above, with its extensive citations from John Paul II, and Hans Kung. Can we please stick to the question: HOW has Buddhism, as philosophy, or religion, or both, evolved--what role does it play today, if any, and what feature, if any, does it offer, in contrast with, or in opposition to, the empiricist ideology which guides many of us on the FASM forum? How can we use Buddhist ideas in our daily lives, or in our work, or in our avocation: assembly language programming?
Smile
Post 26 Feb 2007, 11:22
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on YouTube, Twitter.

Website powered by rwasa.