flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > "Releiving" stress...

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kohlrak

kohlrak
I'm going to try to start an opinionated thread that's a bit contrary to what some of us are used to. How about we just introduce our methods of releiving stress, but due to the nature of this topic, try to stay on topic. I'm sure this topic will be hard to stay on, but try to, for it might provide you with some interesting ideas later.

I'll start off...

I usually like to sit down and play a nice calm game like Animal Crossing (though it has no influence on my decisions such as guidlines which are being debated in another thread), or sitting down and trying to think of a nice girl (preferably innocent thoughts) i know or just how interesting life is because of how simple everything around us really is. I wanted to learn guitar, but i've been too busy to, but i'm sure that's another way that i'll end up releiving stress. Sometimes i even talk to myself. If i'm really stressed and really can't take much, i just try to sleep it off. The one that actually did me the most good was to sit in a nice big comfy chair with the heat turned up so it's nice and toasty warm and sittin' in the big ol' comfy chair and just stairing into space or even making a computer program.

What do you do?
Post 03 Jan 2007, 06:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i prefer getting out of world, internet, family etc. and code. Also playing guitar works well. But in my case, it's usually boredom, not stress. I am "stressed" very very seldom.
Post 03 Jan 2007, 07:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
Ah, yes, good ol' vacation. It's lovely. I think we all need to take a vacation to some where like the beaches of france and eat their chocolate while sipping some really cold beverage. Maybe even setting up your spare bedroom to be a make-shift tropical island (cheesy, but could work for some) and you have fake palm trees and a hamock.
Post 03 Jan 2007, 07:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
zhak

zhak
When I'm very tired of the computer, I often lie on a sofa with smth. dark on my eyes (to be in absolute darkness) and listen to Alizee. Or I also like to take a bath... 1.5 or 2 hours in very warm water make miracles Smile
Post 03 Jan 2007, 07:23
kohlrak

kohlrak
I wonder if adding bubble bath to the bath would be even more relaxing, considering few people seem to try to revert to some "childish times" to releive stress. I've seen some people doing that to releive stress, just going around jumping and skipping and jump roping, even if they're 50+.
Post 03 Jan 2007, 07:25
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
improvising on some musical instrument does the trick greatly
Post 03 Jan 2007, 08:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
Singing together with my favorite Depeche Mode songs... if I don't take into account vacation in south India near sea in winter Smile
Post 03 Jan 2007, 10:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
sleep sleep << ---- Smile
Post 03 Jan 2007, 11:58
HyperVista

HyperVista
MazeGen wrote:
Quote:
Singing together with my favorite Depeche Mode songs

"Personal Jesus"??? Laughing

Run &| Sex to relieve stress ....
Post 03 Jan 2007, 12:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
HyperVista wrote:

"Personal Jesus"??? Laughing

Very Happy
Yeah, and additionally (in this order): Halo, Insight, Sacred, New Life, Get Right With Me, Higher Love, Policy Of Truth, Judas, Sea of Sin, Surrender, People Are People, Shame, Death's Door, and finally Home Wink

And I forgot, one of the best thing is to spend some time with my girlfriend, what reverts me to some natural relaxing state...
Post 03 Jan 2007, 14:57
kohlrak

kohlrak
Quote:
And I forgot, one of the best thing is to spend some time with my girlfriend, what reverts me to some natural relaxing state...

All my girlfriends were, sadly, people i met online. Unless the problem was them, it always did cheer me up to talk to them (don't be fooled, the word them dosn't mean i was close to more than one at once).
Post 04 Jan 2007, 03:08
rugxulo

rugxulo

• watch a funny tv show (Red Dwarf)
  • listen to a CD (Van Halen -- new Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame inductees!)
  • pray (to Jesus ... sorry, have to be specific)
  • sleep (usually while listening to music)
  • play a video game (Midway Arcade Treasures, Taito Legends)
  • exercise (untested ... heh, I hardly exercise, but they claim it releases dopamine or whatever that makes you feel better)
  • drink a soft drink (root beer, cola, orange soda, whatever)

Last edited by rugxulo on 19 Jan 2007, 21:12; edited 1 time in total
Post 06 Jan 2007, 05:24
kohlrak

kohlrak
I must ask why you apologize. This is about how you handle stress, i see no reson on why praying to anyone specific requires appology.
Post 06 Jan 2007, 05:31
rugxulo

rugxulo
Like you said, it's a sensitive topic. I'm just being honest in that I'm personally convinced that Jesus is God. So, instead of just being generic and saying "pray" (which could be directed at any spiritual entity), I have to add the additional info of "to Jesus" in order to not lie like a bastard. Some people do not believe in Jesus, but I am convinced. Therefore, I am just trying to show that I'm not trying to bash anyone over the head with the idea.

I do not hate unbelievers (and technically am not allowed to), so I'm just being careful. (Everybody okay with that? Do what you want, but evil sucks rotten eggs).
Post 06 Jan 2007, 05:49
kohlrak

kohlrak
There should be no offence to you praying to Jesus. It is something you do, and if they don't beleive in jesus and think it's stupid then they'll think you're stupid. I've noticed comments against people saying redneck jokes because they take offence to it, but anyone who understands redneck jokes, knows that the so-called redneck would be who enjoys the redneck jokes the most. Some people claim to take offence to something just to be part of a certain crowd. I do not know any Jesus beleivers or any other religous people taking offence to anyone else's religion, and almost every atheist i know dosn't take offence to anyone having their own beleifs, so i do not see how anyone could possibly take offence to your beleifs as long as you say that's what you do, and are not implying that others should do it. But this is a topic for the post in feedback, not here...
Post 06 Jan 2007, 06:00
MCD

MCD
-kneadl my girlfriend
-sleep
-sleep with my girlfriend
Post 06 Jan 2007, 19:31

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: