flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > the world is waiting for ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kohlrak

kohlrak
So i wasn't the only one hoping this thing would get locked. Sadly, it still isn't, even with the the topic of God being brought up it isn't considered too contraversial for this community? Hats off to them...
Post 01 Jan 2007, 18:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
I don't see anything controversial about philosophical discussions. Why should we taboo topics we don't want (or are afraid) to discuss?

Of course if any of moderator wishes, he can lock this topic. But not me.
Post 01 Jan 2007, 22:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
Because the philisophical discussion is about a very, very sensative topic for people. Now it's not something bad now, but usually the idea is to plug up topics before the war starts. This one has died anyway, i find a more potential target for war in another post on this board.
Post 01 Jan 2007, 22:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
kohlrak wrote:
a very, very sensative topic for people
For me, XOR is a sensitive topic, religion is not, because I am an atheist.
I think it is very important, as we commence the new year, to discuss issues in a meaningful way, with an eye on learning by challenging our prejudices. If some are offended by reading "sensitive" topics, like XOR, then, they are certainly sufficiently intelligent to shield their eyes from the offensive topic, and search instead for more meaningful discussions, i.e. writing code versus programming! There is no need to plea for a supernatural power to cast down a lightning bolt to destroy the infidels who are wasting bandwidth with long diatribes about religion or XOR. Neither is it necessary to ask for a powerful figure to shut down some discussion, as might be done in childish fashion at universities in USA. This FASM forum goes WAY beyond conventional mores, light-years ahead of its time, with respect to mere university concepts of propriety and censorship. We even discuss such taboo subjects here (kinjite, for Kohlrak, who asserts fluency with Nippongo) as viruses, disassemblers, and bios. We may expose our ignorance from time to time, but we are not afraid to express our true sentiment. Some talented folks, Comrade and Hypervista come to mind, even employ humor from time to time. Shoorick draws cartoons! Thus, FASM forum includes even artists in our midst. How can we fear something as amateurish as religion, when we are surrounded by FASM forumers possessing such amazing creativity?
Above all, do not fear confronting mediocrity in your quest to expose the truth!
Smile
Post 01 Jan 2007, 22:56
rugxulo

rugxulo
Um, I'm obviously the religious zealot here (not hardly, honestly). Laughing
Sorry, not trying to spam the forum or offend anyone, just offering some simple facts about Christianity (in response to general apathy here ... I dunno, God is my go-to guy, maybe I am more curious about God than you guys, I dunno, I wasn't always). I am not the only person to believe in God. Also, to be fairly honest, I hate the Devil (Loser-fur or whatever his sucky name is). Not to imply anything extraordinary (hardly) ever happened to me, but that bastard is annoying. Avoid him and his ways like the plague.

P.S. Raedwulf is also a decent artist. Wink
Post 02 Jan 2007, 01:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
Quote:
(kinjite, for Kohlrak, who asserts fluency with Nippongo)

I never said i was fluent... I'm still a student of it.

Quote:
For me, XOR is a sensitive topic, religion is not, because I am an atheist.
I think it is very important, as we commence the new year, to discuss issues in a meaningful way, with an eye on learning by challenging our prejudices. If some are offended by reading "sensitive" topics, like XOR, then, they are certainly sufficiently intelligent to shield their eyes from the offensive topic, and search instead for more meaningful discussions, i.e. writing code versus programming! There is no need to plea for a supernatural power to cast down a lightning bolt to destroy the infidels who are wasting bandwidth with long diatribes about religion or XOR. Neither is it necessary to ask for a powerful figure to shut down some discussion, as might be done in childish fashion at universities in USA. This FASM forum goes WAY beyond conventional mores, light-years ahead of its time, with respect to mere university concepts of propriety and censorship. We even discuss such taboo subjects here (kinjite, for Kohlrak, who asserts fluency with Nippongo) as viruses, disassemblers, and bios. We may expose our ignorance from time to time, but we are not afraid to express our true sentiment. Some talented folks, Comrade and Hypervista come to mind, even employ humor from time to time. Shoorick draws cartoons! Thus, FASM forum includes even artists in our midst. How can we fear something as amateurish as religion, when we are surrounded by FASM forumers possessing such amazing creativity?
Above all, do not fear confronting mediocrity in your quest to expose the truth!

Not all topics are obviously sensative till you've already started to read them, by that time emotions are already high. From experience i can say that not everyone consider's each other's respect when reading such topics. Aside from that, we now have a topic in the feedback board to discuss this.
Post 02 Jan 2007, 02:09
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
it is just simply amazing... how this thread gone from electronic prediction into politic etc. lol

nothing is real, all is just some illusion Smile
maybe it is just human ego that creating the disorders?

anyway, back to topic Smile
our nice name is "human", 2nd nice name is "factory that consumes food and output shit daily" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post 02 Jan 2007, 17:48
Adam Kachwalla

Adam Kachwalla
1. VS9
2. IE8
3. WMP12
4. Windows 7
5. Office 12
6. Windows XP SP3
etc...
Post 18 Aug 2007, 02:23
Adam Kachwalla

Adam Kachwalla
Windows without activation and WGA would be very good!
Post 18 Aug 2007, 02:26
DOS386

DOS386
AK wrote:

Quote:

1. VS9
2. IE8
3. WMP12
4. Windows 7
5. Office 12
6. Windows XP SP3
Windows without activation and WGA would be very good!

A world without "Windows" even more Laughing

Bumping everything old Sad

Title: Hello World program compiles to 100 KB !!!

Post 18 Aug 2007, 05:05
vador

vador
An usable ReactOS release (the current version, 0.3.3-RC1 runs FASM but not FASMW)

Post 18 Aug 2007, 10:29
Furby

Furby
Duke Nuken Forever && Fallout 3
Post 19 Aug 2007, 08:59
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
CPUs with instruction subset customization or an FPGA on every computer Razz

The world also awaits for USA to invest money in solve problems instead of spending it in wars that brings even more problems than before for both us and them...
Post 19 Aug 2007, 13:56
OzzY

OzzY
Any updates on ReactOS?
If it becomes full featured and stable it will be good substitute for Windows Vista. Very Happy
Post 02 Jan 2008, 04:04
DOS386

DOS386
> The world also awaits for USA to invest money in solve problems
> instead of spending it in wars that brings even more problems
> than before for both us and them.

Very true Crying or Very sad

> If it becomes full featured and stable it will be good
> substitute for Windows Vista

Maybe ... but drivers probably won't get more/faster/easier opensourced because of ReactOS Sad
Post 06 Jan 2008, 00:38
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
ReactOS doesn't pose a chance, in my opinion. They can't keep up with Mircrosoft's codemonkeypower.

As for USA, yeah, Sad
Post 06 Jan 2008, 01:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
[/money], peace, freedom, brotherhood, equality, [/religions], [/governments], [/business], education, librairies (books) everywhere, intelligence, "THE ETERNAL QUESTION" reply, ... and my OS
Post 06 Jan 2008, 19:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vov4ik

Vov4ik
The world is waiting for spring (northern hemisphere) Smile
Post 07 Jan 2008, 18:33
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I'm also waiting it, summer is too hot Smile
Post 07 Jan 2008, 18:51
OzzY

OzzY
It's damn hot here! Anyone wants to exchange places? I'm willing to go to a place with lots of ice, and someone come here to this hot place. Very Happy
Post 07 Jan 2008, 19:42

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: