flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > US/muslim conflict

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MichaelH

MichaelH
Quote:

"Love your neighbor, don't kill, don't steal, don't lie, don't worship evil, don't cheat on your wife, don't hate, don't despise anyone, don't even THINK about doing this stuff, etc." ... How is any of that evil? Ridiculous.

These are indeed very good things but previously you have suggested those who don't have a spiritual belief ( don't follow a religion, whatever you want to call it), don't have these values. This is the evil I speak of and it's coming from you ( a fellow programmer Sad ), someone who follows a religion that tells them not to hate. You don't hate me? You suggested because I do not follow a religion (yours I presume is what you wish me to follow), I must therefore have evil intent ..... how am I supposed to forgive you for such an insult? I do forgive you because I know it is the correct thing to do and I'm able to come to this conclusion without the help of any religion .... perhaps you need to take some time and think about that fact.
Post 08 Nov 2006, 00:44
rugxulo

rugxulo
MichaelH, you are obviously upset. Plus, you are mistaking me for someone else (check my previous posts). You are not evil (no one is, God made us all), and only God can know your intentions.

Everyone has opinions. Do you expect us all to agree? Of course not. But why are you so upset? Nobody is teaming up against you, just a few random conspiracy theories and some questionable facts.

The way I understood the post you're referring to, I figured it was more philosophical than "yes, I believe this" or whatever.

None of us really knows anyone here, so we're neither friends nor enemies, just a group of strangers with a common interest. Don't take it so personally, the internet is full of big-mouths! Surely you're used to it by now?!
Post 08 Nov 2006, 01:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MichaelH

MichaelH
rugxulo, My apologies for such a dumb mistake, it was r22's points 1 2 3 I was thinking of. Prehaps I should go and get something constructive done.

See you else where at the fasm forum.

BTW, I'm not upset, I'm just amazed that what started as a friendly post to Dex could end up with this thread.
Post 08 Nov 2006, 03:15
rugxulo

rugxulo
Maverick wrote:
rugxulo wrote:
f0dder wrote:
Maverick wrote:

My daughter got no baptism (if she will want it later, welcome, but I'm not going to enforce by default such useless medieval practices which only serve the Church).

Nice - that's the way to go Smile. Same here, by the way - so call me a heretic Wink

If you don't believe in baptism, then what harm could it possibly do? If it's all superstition, then nothing bad or good can come of it. Plus, it definitely doesn't cost much (if anything!), so better to be safe than sorry. Either it's from God (a good thing) or it's just water, pure and simple. No harm, no foul.

It's not fear of the Pope that drives my actions. Furthermore, you forget that the world is big. Even if I let the priest piss some water on her innocent head, she will go to the other religions' hell.

Baptism will send the Advocate (Holy Spirit) to help her. There is only one hell (defined as permanent separation from God, from whom all good things come), and a person only goes by choices in life (i.e., actions), not by force from anyone else.

Maverick wrote:
Seriously, all of this is ridicolous. I have no fear of any God because I've a clean conscience. If you can have a clean conscience and still go to hell, then there's nothing you can do to be really safe anyway. So I'm ready, and everybody has to be.

Obviously, God doesn't want anyone to go to hell (that would be silly). However, a clean conscience is defined by God and his commandments (based on his own perfection, not our own imaginings). We are ALL flawed, and only God can fix/save us from our own failings. Besides, only God can judge, and he is impartial (unlike us). There are many more types of sin besides murder and theft, some every bit as serious (if not more: e.g., pride). We can not save ourselves. Sin is defined as rebellion against God, and since that annoys him, he would prefer if his future "roommates" wouldn't fight with him all the time.

Maverick wrote:
But the real reason is that it's not fear that drives my action, but logic and heart (yes, both together). Baptism = enter the priests mafia, in my eyes. I'd prefer to stick a finger in my ass, as vid says. And I also think it could be more effective than getting some water from a possible child raper.

If you see someone committing such a crime, go to the police. If not, please don't throw accusations against a complete stranger. They don't like that. Besides, anybody could be anything. Nobody is a criminal until they commit a crime (innocent until proven guilty). Razz

Maverick wrote:

Come on people, the Middle Ages are over. The fable called religion (by the way, did you know that a letter was found, send by Pope Leone X to his faithful Cardinal Bembo, where the Pope wrote, among other things "..we know how much wealth the fable of Christ brought us [to the Church]").

I think there's no bigger Atheist in this world than the Pope. Who else can feel more the lack of a God than him anyway?

Priests aren't rich, and they work pretty hard. Why would they spend their entire life (e.g., 50+ years, like our current Pope) on a lie? Would you? I wouldn't. (Face it, I'm not getting paid to tell you all this, and in case you haven't noticed, this forum isn't exactly religion central, so I'm kinda risking my online reputation a little, so to speak).

Maverick wrote:
I have a great esteem for Jesus as a man. But that was him, am illuminated man. The rest are conventions artificially coded in the First Council of Nicaea and others. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

Based on what? It doesn't sound like the Bible is your source. Because that clearly makes him more than a man (many miracles). Of course, we can't expect/demand miracles at our whim. That is a common mistake. But, they do happen (i.e., every canonized saint must have two proven miracles, diligently researched: immediate, unexplainable by science, attributed to the dead person's intercession ... e.g., Blessed Mother Teresa is half way there, only one more miracle to go!).
Post 08 Nov 2006, 04:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Maverick

Maverick
rugxulo wrote:
You can not blame a religion for the mistakes of its members. Everybody makes mistakes, whether they believe in God or not.

God IS real, God is love (as the current Pope says)
Ah, and if the Pope says it..
Quote:
and real religion is definitely NOT evil. "Love your neighbor, don't kill, don't steal, don't lie, don't worship evil, don't cheat on your wife, don't hate, don't despise anyone, don't even THINK about doing this stuff, etc."

"Because we [the Church] and only we should do it. Look how many priests are child rapers, and it's only the tip of a iceberg. Look how much gold and gems does the Pope and his gang wear, it's a shame, their look is the farthest there could be from Jesus, and you still follow the Church blindly..
Quote:
... How is any of that evil? Ridiculous.
Indeed.
Quote:
BTW, I don't really expect anybody to agree with any of this or change their mind, but fair is fair. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

Fair is fair, you said it. It takes little to open the eyes and see the Pope and the rest of the gang for what they really are. Tell me the last time the Pope stopped a war. He only talks talks talks and lives in the most distant way from Jesus. And the sheeps keep giving him lotsa money. He's probably the richest man on earth but for sure the one that ENJOYS most of his properties. And he shares definitely nothing with Jesus's life and example. How he could even remotely represent him? By reading a book now and then that Jesus didn't even write?

Let me quote a Pope writing to his fellow Cardinal:
"What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!" Pope Leo X.

Yawn.

BTW: Leo X is most famous for having excommunicated Martin Luther.

The Church is a center of power, nothing else. No, it's much worse than that. It's the mafia of the spirit.

[joking]
AND YOU FOLLOW IT BLINDLY!! JESUS WILL THROW YOU TO HELL FOR HAVING FORGOTTEN HIS REAL MESSAGE AND HAVING FOLLOWED THOSE IMPOSTORS!! Wink
[/joking]

Post 08 Nov 2006, 07:33
rugxulo

rugxulo
Maverick wrote:
rugxulo wrote:
You can not blame a religion for the mistakes of its members. Everybody makes mistakes, whether they believe in God or not.

God IS real, God is love (as the current Pope says)
Ah, and if the Pope says it..
Quote:
and real religion is definitely NOT evil. "Love your neighbor, don't kill, don't steal, don't lie, don't worship evil, don't cheat on your wife, don't hate, don't despise anyone, don't even THINK about doing this stuff, etc."

"Because we [the Church] and only we should do it. Look how many priests are child rapers, and it's only the tip of a iceberg.

Like I said, go to the police if you see a crime being committed. But, seriously, they aren't all like that. We are ALL guilty of sinning against God, we are all fallen from grace and have to be drawn back to God. Remember, in God's eyes, nothing is unforgivable. But, if someone refuses forgiveness, then what? St. Peter was forgiven for denying our Lord, but Judas refused to be (pride). Both of them were called by God, too. Faith doesn't mean becoming perfect, and it doesn't mean instant salvation.

Temptation is quite strong with some people (the devil never sleeps, remember?). It can be quite aggravating. In particular, it is not an easy life being a priest.

Maverick wrote:
Look how much gold and gems does the Pope and his gang wear, it's a shame, their look is the farthest there could be from Jesus, and you still follow the Church blindly..

The Pope is not rich. No priest is. They take vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience. It is quite strict, much harder than the normal life of a lay person. It is hard to dedicate everything to God. Not everyone is called to the priesthood (they do undergo psychological and emotional testing before being admitted, you know, then it's a lot of schooling ... it ain't a quick process). BTW, you don't have to be poor to follow God, but it helps (camel -> eye of needle, etc.).

I don't follow blindly. I decided a long time ago that I was fed up with it all. But, let me say, that did NOT help at all, it only made it worse. God kinda woke me up, so to speak. And, like I said, the devil can be a pain in the rear. If you ever read the book of Job (in the Bible), remember that it isn't God doing that bad stuff, it is the Evil One. Jesus suffered a lot in his Earthly life. He suffers a lot now, too (sacred heart). We are called to imitate him (see The Imitation of Christ, Thomas a Kempis).

Maverick wrote:

Quote:
... How is any of that evil? Ridiculous.
Indeed.
Quote:
BTW, I don't really expect anybody to agree with any of this or change their mind, but fair is fair. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

Fair is fair, you said it. It takes little to open the eyes and see the Pope and the rest of the gang for what they really are. Tell me the last time the Pope stopped a war. He only talks talks talks and lives in the most distant way from Jesus.

The Pope called for worldwide prayers to help end the violence in Israel/Lebanon. We even had a Mass solely for that purpose over here in my area. The conflict (thankfully) did end soon after that. Prayer DOES help (God always answers, but sometimes the answer is no).

BTW, only the people who start the war can really end it. No one controls anyone. We all have free will and can do what we want.

Maverick wrote:
And the sheeps keep giving him lotsa money. He's probably the richest man on earth but for sure the one that ENJOYS most of his properties. And he shares definitely nothing with Jesus's life and example. How he could even remotely represent him? By reading a book now and then that Jesus didn't even write?

The Pope ain't the richest man: Bill Gates (reportedly) is. It used to be the Sultan of Brunei. But, it definitely ain't the Pope. He's not living it up, he's writing, preaching, doing normal priestly stuff (he's the Bishop of Rome), in addition to his travels around the world as an envoy of peace. (BTW, I am not rich either, and nobody I know is ... religion does not a rich man make).

Since Jesus is God, and the Bible is God's word, then yes, He did write it. I didn't make that up. There are plenty of people who are much older than I am who have said this, too. This isn't news.

Maverick wrote:

Let me quote a Pope writing to his fellow Cardinal:
"What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!" Pope Leo X.

Yawn.

I would doubt a Pope would say that. Like I said, they are called by God. Something must've gotten lost in the translation. I would not base my faith (or lack of) on one questionable sentence. Certainly, 1400 pages in the Bible (well, mine at least) outweighs any lame sentence that some liar made up.

The college of cardinals (themselves priests) vote on the new Pope amongst themselves, and if he accepts, he is inaugurated and serves until death (e.g., 26 years for John Paul II).

As for excommunicating someone, that is rare, but it does happen (not easily, though). And, it can be reversed. It is not a weapon used to enact revenge. (Don't forget that Luther is reported to have started the Protestant Reformation, which split the Church into many factions).

Maverick wrote:
The Church is a center of power, nothing else. No, it's much worse than that. It's the mafia of the spirit.

[joking]
AND YOU FOLLOW IT BLINDLY!! JESUS WILL THROW YOU TO HELL FOR HAVING FORGOTTEN HIS REAL MESSAGE AND HAVING FOLLOWED THOSE IMPOSTORS!! Wink
[/joking]

Center of power? In what way? And, again, I don't follow blindly. Like in the Gospel, I no longer believe only from what I heard from man but from what I have seen as a consistent theme of forgiveness and mercy from the Lord. The Bible is literally chock full of miracles in pretty much every book. That's a LOT of stuff for someone to make up. And why would they?? Like it says, "If it comes from human origin, it will pass away." It takes a lot of effort to keep a church together for 2000+ years. That it is still around, doing much charity, is no accident.
Post 09 Nov 2006, 03:09
r22

r22
Despite the noble efforts the Pope makes toward peace and unification; he's still the headstone of organized religion, which is something the original Christian church was very much against.

Also the authority of his position is blasphemous (if you've ever studied the Bible), excommunication, obsolving sins, and other foolishness that spawned from a corrupt church in the dark ages.

From an academic standpoint the 23rd chapter of Matthew is telling of problems with hypocricy and greed in the church. (An entertaining read)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2023;&version=31;

This thread continues, but the opinions expressed are nothing more then rehashs of opinions from the prior page(s).

"Without flawless logic no argument can be decided"
Post 09 Nov 2006, 06:58
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
Christ (hah!), how can anybody be so brainwashed? Even somebody from the .us? Scary!
Post 09 Nov 2006, 10:14
Maverick

Maverick
rugxulo wrote:
Maverick wrote:

As for excommunicating someone, that is rare, but it does happen (not easily, though). And, it can be reversed. It is not a weapon used to enact revenge. (Don't forget that Luther is reported to have started the Protestant Reformation, which split the Church into many factions).
It wasn't reversed. Luther has been excommunicated, thus he's certainly burning in Hell now and forever, together will all people that converted themselves into Protestants. The Hell must be a very big big and interesting place, I hope to go there when it's my time. Very Happy Too bad I won't meet you there and continue this VERY INTERESTING and ENLIGHTENING conversation, you'll be near God by then, far far away from me. Sad
Living in this world must be damn boring, when Heaven awaits.

Post 09 Nov 2006, 11:16
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
r22 wrote:
"Without flawless logic no argument can be decided"

The problem is that there may actually be no flawless logic for us to use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_incompleteness_theorem
Quote:
If an axiomatic system can be proven to be consistent and complete from within itself, then it is inconsistent.
Post 09 Nov 2006, 11:24
rugxulo

rugxulo
Quote:

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

(Matthew 16:18-19)

All current popes are from the line of popes that started with St. Peter (apostolic succession). The hypocrisy Jesus was talking about was during His time, not ours. What corruption have you personally seen? Or do you blindly believe your own misinformation? Certainly, our time isn't perfect, but it's not true that the whole Church is corrupt. Jesus is the true head of the Universal Church, so how corrupt could it be??

There are lots of Christians, in the U.S. and other places too. I am not brainwashed, I have been corrected. My life is not less because I have hope in a future. It is not a myth. However, I obviously don't expect three messages or so on an online forum to change anyone's mind. Conversion doesn't happen overnight.

Maverick, you will not go anywhere without God knowing about it. He is a very patient God and very merciful. There are many obstacles, but He helps.

As far as Martin Luther is concerned, I don't know whether it was reversed or not (don't quote me, but I think even local or retired priests can undo excommunication if someone is in danger of death). Excommunication is a formal, public thing that only happens when one is obstinately fighting against the Church even after being warned several times. It takes a lot more than just someone mouthing off. Like I said before, it's pretty rare.
Post 09 Nov 2006, 18:50
MichaelH

MichaelH
In the book "The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy" (BBC TV series -http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/guide/index.shtml), the existence of the Babel fish proves God does not exist! .... in fact I have heard a theory that the "improbability drive" is in fact powered by the "logic" written in the Bible .... go figure Shocked

BTW, did this thread play a major role in the way the American people voted ..... I think it did Smile
Post 09 Nov 2006, 20:58
r22

r22
Michael,
elections in America happen in cycles. We allow one party to have power then wait for them to screw-up, then we vote in the opposite party and keep them until they screw-up as well. It cycles back and forth like this with no end in sight. Our two party system propegates this cycle, which is also magnified by the lack of politicians taking a firm moderate stance on issues.

USA,
America does what the rest of the world can't. Our crazy government keeps the other crazy governments in line. Our bloated national defense budget keeps the other dictators from doing as they please. America's international aid keeps millions of people fed and clothed.
America's economy needs to stay strong to continue doing the above mentioned things. The damage America causes with the small wars we make is a small price to pay for global security and aid.
I'm aware of the total lack of ethics in making up wars to fight to benefit your own economy (unemployment lowest in years, stock market highest in years), but it's a logical means to an end. I very much doubt fighting in Iraq will lead to WW3 (people who say things like that are only trying to justify their position with rhetoric), and while the deaths their are a tragedy and seem totally unneeded they've helped America stay strong which benefits millions upon millions of people through economic aid, global security and the world economy. The world isn't all gumdrops and lollipops America has to become a necessary evil in some ways to preserve more life then we take.

f0dder,
I'm American but I make an effort to be objective and not just 'drink the koolaid'.

rugxulo,
I don't think any quotes from the Bible or my own personal views that contradict your current beliefs would begin to sway you. It's not my job to test your truths.

Tomasz Grysztar,
Everyone's playing with a different set of axioms. This thread really is very amusing when you stop and think about it. Programmers trying to be philosophers.
The problem with circular logic is that circles don't have an end :p But then again can't a circle be considered flawless? (Word play aside the Wiki article was an interesting read)
Post 10 Nov 2006, 04:13
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Maverick

Maverick
Code:
The Universe Stopped Because Of An Exception: Stack Overflow.

Debug Help: probably caused by the function CircularLogic(), please fix and reboot.
Save your sons to disk and all unfinished work or it will be lost.

Post 10 Nov 2006, 07:09
rugxulo

rugxulo
r22 is right, at least according to what the media says about people being tired of the Republicans (therefore, they just put the Democrats in power in Congress). But, there any many loudmouths who have access to a microphone, so you have to be wary. In particular, I take issue with these insanities (argh, America is SO biased/full of it sometimes ... and they never shut up!):

• America is stealing Iraq's oil (proof, anyone? gimme a break!)
  • Iraq never had weapons of mass destruction (how would any of us ever know either way??)
  • George Bush stole the election (#1 or #2, pretty ridiculous, unproven)
  • if you vote for Ralph Nader (or any third-party candidate), you are wasting your vote/stealing from Democrats (stupid idea)
  • if you're a minority, you must vote Democrat (why?)
  • the U.S. plans to invade Iran (<sarcasm> yeah right, there'd be no outrage at that </sarcasm>)
  • Iraq wanted Saddam Hussein to stay as leader (uh, who would??)
  • vote or die, voting is so important, your vote counts, you must vote (but you can't vote for Bush, shouldn't vote for Buchanan, don't vote for ..., etc.)

This above is what I meant by don't believe everything you hear.

P.S. f0dder, is this really scary??:
Quote:

But to you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Luke 6:27-8

Also, see the Trilemma.
Post 10 Nov 2006, 18:21
MichaelH

MichaelH
Well I don't know about f0dder, but religion has always scared the hell out of me! (cool pun huh Wink). I have always thought that if americans were going to heaven, then I'd rather spend eternity with the devil dude, play loud rock music and hang out with the cool folk. However I just realised something after r22's above post, all americans are going to hell! Eternity with americans, that would indeed be hell, nobody will be able to kick back and enjoy things cause the americans would probably all want to invade heaven and destroy god Wink
Post 10 Nov 2006, 20:57
rugxulo

rugxulo
MichaelH, we ain't all bad. I mean, at least we get to see Family Guy (unlike the South Koreans, and heck, they animate the freakin' show!). 300 million people can't be all bad.

Besides, aren't lots of American rock bands popular where you are? Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Steve Morse, Eric Johnson, all three Van Halen singers, these guys are all Americans (even Eddie Van Halen is at least a resident if not a citizen by now after 40 years, sheesh).
Post 12 Nov 2006, 06:07
Maverick

Maverick
The American people is generally good - only too naive unfortunately. If they were more aware of their governants, they wouldn't let their governments do the shits that the USA people would never do themselves (although they happily enjoy the benefits coming from that, but we can't really blame them too much for that).

You conquered democracy with your own efforts. You wrote possibly the best Constitution in the world. Now you're losing all of that day after day because you like to get brainwashed and don't like to be really aware. That's the only problem, I don't think that neither Bin Laden hates the USA people (he actually even affirmed not to).

But you gotta take responsability someday for the greedy pigs you put in power. If they ruled only you, fine, it's democracy after all. But they rule and damage the whole world.

Do you know that the German people, although supporting Nazism in general, didn't know shit about concentration camps and the like? But if one doesn't want to open his/her eyes, he's corresponsible someway. If you only knew what the USA Government does all around the world today (and also yesterday, for the matter).. but you gotta WANT to know before you really finally get to know. I think most USA citizens just don't bother.. but someday you may finally pay also on your own skin the price of this love for ignorance.
Post 12 Nov 2006, 07:36
MichaelH

MichaelH
Indeed rugxulo, not all people of the US are bad but I agree with Maverick, your country's greed is a massive problem in this world and may indeed bite you in the ass in coming decades. I find it astounding that although your country is the richest country in the world by far, I hear endlessly this quote coming from US citizens - "God bless America" and never - "God bless Africa". So basically put, it's easy to form the opinion as Maverich puts it, that the US are "greedy pigs" that care only about amassing more and more wealth at the expense of the rest of the world Sad
Post 13 Nov 2006, 01:16
Fady

Fady
I was searching for 'Memory allocation' and found this. Under Heap. Wow.
Post 13 Nov 2006, 05:36

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: