flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > living in UK

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
okasvi

okasvi
VeryOfTopic: Dex4u, are you born in UK? I've been just wondering as your location is 'UK' and yet you have few spelling errors which are usually written by ppl who dont have english as their native language, ie. 'peace' instead of 'piece'.
Post 28 Oct 2006, 17:26
Dex4u

Dex4u
@okasvi, I am a bad speller or maybe dyslectic or uneducated, lazy or thick or all of them, you can take you pick.
Post 28 Oct 2006, 18:02
rugxulo

rugxulo
Dex, I think you're just typing/thinking too fast. It probably happens a lot when you are writing your own OS. Laughing
Post 29 Oct 2006, 00:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Maybe this is a common problem with native speakers? I think that my orthography is better in english than spanish Laughing (but I speak spanish better and with much less syntax and semantics errors)
Post 29 Oct 2006, 00:41
okasvi

okasvi
yep, that may be it, we who dont speak/write english natively think&concetrate on it more.
Post 29 Oct 2006, 04:29
Dex4u

Dex4u
Alot of people have the wrong idea about the UK, First unless you have lots of money you are given a bad education, anyone who wants to learn is picked on and the teachers are scared to do anything, i left school at 13 (eg: wagging it) most of my time was spent in the city library, trying to read/write.

I by nature am more a craftman, work in wood/steel to make stuff, but because of ill health, i can not do that so i am learning programing.

About 50% of uk school leavers are not as good as most other country's 10 year old.
Also most school are filled with none English people, who can not speaker English, my school was 90% Pakistan Shocked.

Most people from other country's think we talk like the queen and wear bowler hats Laughing
But most talk like "ali G" or Oasis.
All i can say is UK is heading for a civil war (anyone that lives in the UK will know what i mean ).

PS: One thing i can say is my bad spelling is not down to being not born in the UK, as me and all my Trace able ancestors were born and breed in the UK.
PPS: Do not get me wrong, i love my country "England", but the politicians are destroying it.
Post 29 Oct 2006, 15:00
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
wow, i thought UK is going pretty well... you know, currency is high, all that military "interventions", etc etc. this sounds awful...

things are going into shit everyone, because of all that money-maniacs. but if uncle Marx was right, we will have some conflicts, and then better society afterwards Wink
Post 29 Oct 2006, 16:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Dex4u

Dex4u
vid wrote:
wow, i thought UK is going pretty well... you know, currency is high, all that military "interventions", etc etc. this sounds awful...

That what they want you to think, the real truth its all based on borrowing and most people in UK do not want our soldiers in other country's, well over million people marched against it. the population of UK has gone up by about 10 million at the same time they are closing schools, hospital, old peoples homes etc, we surrounded by water, but have water shortages, we have house shortages that why the prices are so high.
If you want to go to university in UK you need pay for it by a loan, payable when you start to work, that means you owe £20.000 before you even have a job.
So do not be leave what you hear, because the truth is, UK's is in a big mess Crying or Very sad
Post 29 Oct 2006, 17:08
MichaelH

MichaelH
Dex you've heard the saying "unable to see the forest for the trees". With respect I believe this applies to what you have said about Britain.

I come from New Zealand. Most at this forum probably won't understand like you will, the close relationship Britain has with Australia and New Zealand through the continued battles we have on various sporting fields. In 2005, 10000 plus mad British lions rugby fans descended on New Zealand. There are only 4 million of us so that number sure was noticed. They were everywhere running around in there mobile homes. The amazing thing is that although the lions did not perform as the British fans hoped, it didn't matter, Brits and Kiwi's partied hard side by side in the streets and bars of New Zealand for several months and not one arrest was made. Not even one fight, dispute or anything, you guys were just fantastic.

It's a shame Britain got lead into George Bush's crusade against Muslims but any country that can bring us things like Red Dwarf and countless other classic comedies can't be that bad..... and as for Ali G's first film when as a member of parliament he was asked if he would lay the first brick Smile ...... man your country's sense of humour is the best!

Anyway, if it's really as bad as you say, consider moving down here to NZ, life is sweet here and programmers are needed.

Last edited by MichaelH on 31 Oct 2006, 04:00; edited 1 time in total
Post 30 Oct 2006, 22:33
Dex4u

Dex4u
@MichaeIH, First thanks for you kind words and your sentiments about the close relationship, Britain has with Australia and New Zealand is so true Cool.
But i think you have missunderstud my point, i am not knocking the British people, we along with our cousin, are very easy going people and try to be fair to all.
But some groups and all politician take addvantage of this to the detriment of the British people.
I would love to visit your Great country Cool .
Post 31 Oct 2006, 01:47
MichaelH

MichaelH
Quote:

But some groups and all politician take advantage of this to the detriment of the British people.

I understand what you're saying, it's exactly the same in NZ. I think it says more about politicians than it does about ones country. You can either do two things about politicians, get angry or do something about it. As you've been a teacher of so many people now when it comes to assembler and OS dev and never asked anything in return, I see you've decided to take the do something about it approach.

Anyway, we've got off topic, how do I develop my programs? I come to the fasm forum as the code posted here is far better than the crap I can come up with Wink
Post 31 Oct 2006, 04:40
Dex4u

Dex4u
You know what they say about politics and religion, as no two people can agree on them Wink .

All i can say is Britain is like the fasm forum, if you like asm and thing fasm is a great assembler, you are welcome, and we can all help each other and get on find.
But if your a C code and do not like ASM and want to change the Fasm into a C compiler and the fasm forum into a C forum, then you are not welcome, and you would be better off going to a C forum.
Post 31 Oct 2006, 15:36
YONG

YONG
Just want to point out that "cannot" is one word - "can not" is incorrect.

I agree with okasvi - we, who don't speak/write English natively, think more about it. Smile

YONG
Post 02 Nov 2006, 12:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dex4u

Dex4u
@YONG, I wish the same scrutiny was taken, when writing Instruction manuals for things made in China Wink .
Post 02 Nov 2006, 15:17
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
hehe i am already getting into stage where i stop thinking about english. and thus my expressing has downgraded, compared to maybe year later. I make much more typos, and sometimes use gramatical nonsense
Post 02 Nov 2006, 15:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
eVAPor8

eVAPor8
hmmm.... my first post, and not even about ASM! Shocked

I agree with just about everything Dex has said, and think most people are missing the point. He's not saying that Brits are all bad, just that the systems we have in place are bad. Basically, the country is run my politicians - the very LAST people who should be trusted with power because they want it so much!

As far as grammatical mistakes are concerened, I've seen some massive ones on just about every forum I've been to. As long as the point get across, though, who cares? (btw I just typed "point" as "pijnt"!!!) It's easy to type it all and hit send without re-reading!

oh and BTW....

HELLO EVERYONE!!! Very Happy[/i]
Post 03 Nov 2006, 10:04
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
welcome
Post 03 Nov 2006, 10:25
Dex4u

Dex4u
Hello eVAPor8 and welcome to the forum Smile. You have to live in Britain today to understand whats going on, everyone i talk to, feels tha same.
Its like theres a big train heading toward us and everyone can see it, other that the politicians Sad .
Post 03 Nov 2006, 14:32

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: