flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > New: Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and Microsoft IE 7

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
rugxulo

rugxulo
I was using Firefox 1.5.0.7 and it never told me there was a new version, so I'll avoid you that hassle by telling you here. Laughing

Also, IE7 will be in Automatic Updates in November (today, the 1st ???), so you may already have it by the time you read this. Smile

Quote:

Oct. 24, 2006 – Mozilla today released Firefox® 2 (requirements), a major update to its popular and acclaimed free, open source Web browser.

• In Firefox 2, tabbed browsing has been further improved with the addition of individual close buttons on each tab, enhanced tab navigation features, and a session restore system that automatically restores previously-open windows and tabs when a new browsing session is started.
  • Inline spell checking in Firefox 2 automatically checks for spelling errors and suggests corrections as users interact with Web sites.
  • The new Search Suggestions feature dynamically updates a drop-down list of suggested search terms as users enter text into the search bar.
  • Firefox users can now take better advantage of the frequently updated content offered by Web sites, with increased options for handling Web feeds. Users now see a preview of the content being offered and are given the option to subscribe to a feed as a Live Bookmark, using a Web service such as Bloglines, My Yahoo!, or Google Reader, or with a desktop application.
  • To protect users’ privacy, Phishing Protection is active by default with a local blacklist that updates hourly.

Quote:

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 4:52 PM - Internet Explorer 7 (requirements, quick reference sheet) for Windows XP Available Now

• Advanced Printing
    Automatically scales a printed webpage so that it's not wider than the paper it will be printed on. Internet Explorer 7 also includes a multi-page print preview with live margins, resizing text to avoid document clipping, and an option to print only selected text.
  • Tabbed Browsing
    View multiple sites in a single browser window. Easily switch from one site to another through tabs at the top of the browser frame.
  • Quick Tabs
    Provides easy tab selection and navigation by displaying thumbnails of all open tabs in a single window.
  • Tab Groups
    Tabs can be grouped and saved into logical categories, allowing you to open multiple tabs with a single click. A Tab Group can easily be set as the Home Page Group so the entire Tab Group opens every time Internet Explorer is launched from the Start menu.
  • Page Zoom
    Enlarge individual webpages, including both text and graphics, to either focus on specific content or to make content more accessible to those with vision limitations.
  • ActiveX Opt-in
    Disables nearly all pre-installed ActiveX controls to prevent potentially vulnerable controls from being exposed to attack. You can easily enable or disable ActiveX controls as needed through the Information Bar and the Add-on Manager.
  • Phishing Filter
    Proactively warns and helps protect you against potential or known fraudulent sites and blocks the site if appropriate. The opt-in filter is updated several times per hour using the latest security information from Microsoft and several industry partners.
  • Delete Browsing History
    Allows you to clean up cached pages, passwords, form data, cookies, and history, all from a single window.
  • Address Bar Protection
    Every window, whether it's a pop-up or standard window, will present an address bar to the user, helping to block malicious sites from emulating trusted sites.
  • Add-ons Disabled Mode
    To help troubleshoot difficulties launching Internet Explorer or reaching specific websites, you have the ability to start in "No Add-ons" mode, where only critical system Add-ons are enabled.
  • CSS Improvements
  • Alpha Channel in PNG
  • Improved AJAX Support

Post 01 Nov 2006, 06:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TmX

TmX
Have you tried MS Firefox ?
http://msfirefox.com

Laughing
Post 01 Nov 2006, 12:23
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
IE 6, 7, 8 cached ajax request kills my several hours today....
shit.

it turns out that, you MUST use add some dynamic and keep on changing param in your GET request.. sometime like using date time.

otherwise the ajax would works only 1 time, after that, not anymore. because it is cached...

i didn't try opera, because i was "force" to use IE webbrowser control.

Description:
Filesize: 14.82 KB
Viewed: 2646 Time(s)

Image1.png

Post 10 Feb 2010, 19:58
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
"MyPOS". Hehe, P.O.S. means something a little different to me whenever I see it. Razz
Post 10 Feb 2010, 20:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tyler

Tyler
revolution: Are you aware that you're 10 away from passing vid as the most active poster? see
Post 10 Feb 2010, 20:11
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Okay, thanks for letting me know, but all my posts are nonsense so none of them really count. My "real" posts count is more in the range of about 4. Maybe 5 if one is being generous.

This is yet another content-free post.
Post 10 Feb 2010, 20:16
Tyler

Tyler
I agree. Smile
Post 10 Feb 2010, 20:19
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

"MyPOS". Hehe, P.O.S. means something a little different to me whenever I see it.

hehe. client need this before chinese new year..
it uses mysql database, inet control in VB6 to deal with PHP script which run on apache. then ajax for showing and deleting inserted items.
Post 10 Feb 2010, 20:20
Coddy41

Coddy41
Tyler wrote:
revolution: Are you aware that you're 10 away from passing vid as the most active poster? see

it looks as if I am number 62 Laughing

Post 10 Feb 2010, 23:26
Tyler

Tyler
I think I'm 130th. It's hard to stay on the right row when counting(and I had to count a lot), so I'm not sure.
Post 11 Feb 2010, 00:20
score_under

score_under
revolution wrote:
"MyPOS". Hehe, P.O.S. means something a little different to me whenever I see it. Razz

Hah, yes. I've seen software called "MyPOS" before (though completely different; popular name?) and due to the obviously lazy programming* immediately assumed that other translation of the acronym.

*Click a button, takes 2 seconds to flip over to next screen, where it promptly adds buttons then deletes unavailable ones. In all its 4-bit-colour glory.
Post 18 Feb 2010, 01:22
f0dder

f0dder
sleepsleep: does the webserver properly return "no-cache" for the ajax replies?
Post 18 Feb 2010, 12:13
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
yeah.. under php, these are the first 2 lines (top most)

Code:
Header('Cache-Control: no-cache');
Header('Pragma: no-cache');

Post 18 Feb 2010, 12:23

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: