flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Ban malware writers?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
f0dder wrote:
Quote:
PS: Something more: LEARN ASSEMBLY FIRST AND WRITE MALWARE LATER!!!

Don't write malware at all.

... it usually takes a good beating and not helping them writing malware.
Are you still tending to Pavlov's dogs? You are only lucky if they haven't chewed off your arm. The malware erradication that you imagine is delusional at best.

Post 09 Sep 2008, 15:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
This has nothing to do with Pavlov and his conditioning experiments. It's simply about not putting a loaded gun into the hands of somebody you know is up to no good. Sometimes it's not dead-on apparent what people's motives are, but considering people like asmcoder's post history, you don't need to be a psychic.

I don't believe we can eradicate malware, I'm not that naïve. But we can stop feeding them here. Sure, they'll just go elsewhere, but at least this forum won't be infested.
Post 09 Sep 2008, 15:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
f0dder wrote:
I don't believe we can eradicate malware, I'm not that naïve. But we can stop feeding them here. Sure, they'll just go elsewhere, but at least this forum won't be infested.
How can you conclude the latter from the former? You wish to perpetuate the marginalization to claim the cleanliness of this forum after agreeing that is impossible.

We can have greater effect on the process through our conscious involvement. This isn't a battle for virtual territory - some less infected than others. If it were then malware has already won.

Post 09 Sep 2008, 16:01
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
This comment really bothers me.
asmcoder wrote:
I think i return to malware, ...
I had long suspected this user of such intentions with malware and above is the proof.

I would like to suggest that we partake in no active help for this poster.

The last thing I need is to find that I have malware on my computer that I have had an active role in helping to write!
Post 15 Feb 2009, 12:02
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
I always thought it was no secret that he writes malware...
Post 15 Feb 2009, 12:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
Always best to have proof. Then no more guessing required.
Post 15 Feb 2009, 12:19
edfed

edfed
i think malware writers should at least help to cure their misactions.
why?
because they know how their code is built.
like in "catch me if you can", leo di carpaccho is a malware checker, and in finality, he help to solve the check hacking.

but at our level, i think a malware writer is just a stupid boy that isn't able to build a good application and then, write poor codes in order to do the bad.
Post 15 Feb 2009, 12:31
Frank

Frank
revolution wrote:
II had long suspected this user of such intentions with malware and above is the proof.

Holy inquisition, revolution! Can't you finally stop the bullying?
Post 15 Feb 2009, 13:16
Azu

Azu
revolution wrote:
This comment really bothers me.
asmcoder wrote:
I think i return to malware, ...
I had long suspected this user of such intentions with malware and above is the proof.

The last thing I need is to find that I have malware on my computer that I have had an active role in helping to write!
Hey is this your avatar? Image

Your post reminded me of it for some reason..

Last edited by Azu on 16 Feb 2009, 01:51; edited 1 time in total
Post 15 Feb 2009, 14:26
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:

Look at this: http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=9793

Still afraid?
Laughing
Post 15 Feb 2009, 22:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
It is better to take an active roll in steering the maligned among us, imho. We are all challenged in some ways and need the guidance of others. Admittedly, I am less apt to hand over code to people which resist any form of dialog, but these are very short walls.

It's a rather extreme comparison to liken it to abandoning a child on the street and claiming the problem will not have to be dealt with in the future; but it gets my point across. And it will be far more work later than now!
Post 15 Feb 2009, 23:01
MazeGen

MazeGen
revolution wrote:

You should start a sticky thread, "Ignored members of this board" then Rolling Eyes
Post 16 Feb 2009, 13:41
kilobyte

kilobyte
Anybody heard of 29A a now disbanded group of virus writers some of who pioneered some of the most inovative techniques for virus code writing. Take for example 'The Mental Driller' the individual that coded metaphor the self modifying virus that when replicates creates a new variant of itself, the virus itself coming down to atleast 14000 lines of code 90% of which was the the engine that performed the metamorphism. Funny thing is he didn't even release(in the sense of spreading) his art but shared the sources with the world showing then some challenging piece of code to understand. There are many other examples that i could use...but thats for another time. The point is that there is another side to virus writing (now under the umbrella of malware) which is in itself an art. Yes it is an intellectual challenge to code something as advance as metaphor if not better tho the writer himself found it easy.

Yes malware is a problem haven't been hit by many in my past. But the problem here is the script kiddies and the immature and the organized. Every underground community has its fair share of scripties and lamers and those who just don't have the right intentions. If you're goal is to learn and progress and research new methods/techniques or whatever then i'm cool with that; now the what you use your power as a result of the knowledge you gained is up to you.

Knowledge is power but most become corrupted by this power.
Knowledge is power but few remain sane at the revelation of the power gained.

The problem here isn't knowledge but it's one intentions to do with that knowledge. And if there is one thing that is hard if not impossible to control on the internet it is ones intentions and actions with what he knows and is capable of. However what we musn't do is restrict ones access to information.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 01:39
f0dder

f0dder
You don't need to write malware to do "interesting stuff".

Meta-engines can be used in software protection, and you don't need to write shellcode to do software security. Besides, some of the people here that are interested in malware seem to have pretty clear bad intentions.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 01:47
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Does anyone besides me think virus coding has gotten easier to test since VMs came on the scene? Conversely, one might assume those type of virus became less of a threat because of VMs; but that is not the case because most people don't use VMs. Yet, every virus coder must know how much productivity can be gained from using a VM. I don't follow this virtual war, so maybe I state the obvious, or have no clue?
Post 18 Feb 2009, 02:18
Azu

Azu
bitRAKE wrote:
Does anyone besides me think virus coding has gotten easier to test since VMs came on the scene? Conversely, one might assume those type of virus became less of a threat because of VMs; but that is not the case because most people don't use VMs. Yet, every virus coder must know how much productivity can be gained from using a VM. I don't follow this virtual war, so maybe I state the obvious, or have no clue?
If they perfectly emulate all of the low level stuff (and bugs), absolutely. If you mean things like WINE.. then no.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 02:22
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
DOS386

DOS386
vid wrote:
revolution wrote:
Look at this: http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=9793 Still afraid?

NO. Anybody feel free to develop virii ... my PC is unvirable Laughing

Title: Hello World program compiles to 100 KB !!!

Post 18 Feb 2009, 07:25
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:

No, that was just a big (false) news boom initiated by attention-whoring transsexual
Writing such virus to remain hidden and successfully deploying it on random machine would be job for KGB or CIA, not for bunch of Turkish kids.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 11:55
Azu

Azu
vid wrote:
bitRAKE wrote:

No, that was just a big (false) news boom initiated by attention-whoring transsexual
Writing such virus to remain hidden and successfully deploying it on random machine would be job for KGB or CIA, not for bunch of Turkish kids.
No, the space cows have invaded the DOD.

Yay non sequitur.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 12:00
revolution

revolution
bitRAKE wrote:
There are some viruses now that detect for VMs and adjust their behaviour accordingly. So when AV researchers are testing something in a VM and see no bad behaviour they say the program is okay. But when it is run in a real environment then it deploys the payload (scans for CC numbers or passwords etc.) while you, the user, think you are playing some new game that the AV says is okay.
Post 18 Feb 2009, 12:02

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: