flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Free MMORPGs?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
OzzY

OzzY
Anyone here like to play MMORPGs?
Post the one you like! Smile
I'm searching for a vampire or werewolf MMORPG? Do you know any?

Thanks!
Post 10 Oct 2006, 17:26
coconut

coconut
ive seen only 2 free ones, knightonline and dransik
Post 10 Oct 2006, 18:10
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i like to play NetHack Wink

there is no one more robust than that
Post 10 Oct 2006, 18:42
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
OzzY

OzzY
Hi vid!
This NetHack seems interesting!
How to play it?
Post 10 Oct 2006, 21:01
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
hehe, with entire keyboard Smile takes a few weeks to learn how to play it Smile

i suffest you ascii output with colors, not some GUI frontend.
Post 10 Oct 2006, 21:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Turok

Turok
I used to play a lot of Lineage 2 on private servers. As far as i know it is legal to play on private server if you dont modify the game files (use of host file etc...). Alltho on private servers there are usually bugs that arent fixed fast and the servers might go down or make wipeout. I know some people that migrated to official becose of this troubles Very Happy

Anyhow this game is extremly addictive Very Happy It might happen than you wont have enough time for fasm, so be carefull Wink

Good thing about private servers is that they usually have higher rates (around 5x is the best i think) so you level faster (on official you would need 2-3 years to achieve maximum level or so i heared).

You have quite some monsters with werewolf in their name in Lineage 2 and also some vampire-like creatures in new c4 (Chronicle 4) zones Smile

Here is the official page:
http://www.lineage2.com
Note that for private servers you will probably have to get the old c4 version of the game (most private servers are still c4 or even lower c1 c2 c3). The officials are c5 allready Smile

I have some characters on http://l2.hsclan.com it was one of the best private servers, but there is not a lot of people on this server anymore since the wipeout (used to be around 2k online now only 100 i think). I have some characters on extreme and abyss too but i probably forgot the login info Very Happy

Here are some sites with other private servers:
http://www.gamesites200.com/lineage2/
http://www.xtremetop100.com/lineage2

Anyhow if you decide to join http://l2.hsclan.com i guess i can help you with some money in the start if you like, so you get equipement and level faster Smile
Post 11 Oct 2006, 16:04
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
not a true mmorpg, but i need to say nethack is the greatest rpg i have seen yet. it is a true challenge (you die - start again), it is extremely evolved etc.

some excerpt:
you polymorph to some kind of monster which can eat iron, and eat ring of fire resistance - and you have fire resistance "inside" yourself forever (not really)

you anger your god (like with kicking the altar, sitting on it, sacrifacing tame monster or human-like creature etc...) and he summons heavy iron ball chained to your feet. if you don't have any way to get rid of it, you must walk with it. you fall into trap door, it hits your head and may kill you.

if there is a dangerous brain-eating monster nearby, just polymorph to creature without head.

there is a monster "cockatrice", it's a chicken that can petrify monsters. after you kill it, you can take it's corpse and use it to petrify opponents. But of course you need to have some gloves, touching it with bare hand, you petrify yourself (eg. game over).

but when you are blinded, and you are exploring items that are laying on the ground, you use hands too. so if you don't have gloves and explore square where some cockatrice corpse is laying, you will be surprised what killed you

etc. etc. really, most robust one Smile
Post 11 Oct 2006, 17:09
Reverend

Reverend
I know it's not MMORPG, but I love playing ADOM (it's of the same type as nethack). It's also based on a veeery complicated world. I don't care for simple graphic as the complexity of this game is so great.
Post 17 Oct 2006, 12:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
some links would be nice

what kind of MMOs are those. I'm not really a fan of MMOs (never played one), but I do like fantasy a lot.. especially if they're in the Human-Orc, Elf-Darkelf universe Smile

sorry if I sound like a newbie.. never played one Razz
Post 19 Oct 2006, 17:10
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
here are the links:
NetHack
ADOM

these are text-mode RPGs, not really mass or online Smile just RPGs Smile
Post 19 Oct 2006, 17:29
OzzY

OzzY
The best 2 MMORPGs I played are Ultima Online and DarkEden.
The first being my first MMORPG and I still like it a lot.
The second I played some time ago, and it's about vampires. I love to play Vampire - The masquerade RPG, so I like DarkEden too.

I just remembered my old password, so I'm downloading it and I'm gonna play it again. (I already have a strong character there).

I recommend DarkEden for everyone who likes a MMORPG with good history, good skills and spells, nice game action, and likes 2D isometric graphics instead of bloated 3D graphics.
In fact, I think all MMORPGs should have 2D isometric graphics. 3D is not good for a RPG, as a RPG needs a general vision over the screen and not a limited full-detailed view.
Get DarkEden here: http://en.darkeden.com/
It's free and about just 200mb. Wink
If you create a character let me know, so we can be friends in-game.
Post 26 Oct 2006, 14:56
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
what i dislike about MMORPG is that there is no challenge. It's just: now i will click at monsters for a day and my screen will display "44" instead of "43"... WOW!

their gameplay could as well be text game with
Code:
- You want a-fight, b-buy, c-rest
> a
- you see <random_monster>
- (your_HP/monster_attack > monster_HP/your_attack) You WON!
- You lost (ord(monster_HP/your_attack)*monster_attack) HP during fight.
- You gain <exp_table[monster]> experience
- You want a-fight, b-buy, c-rest
> b
- you want:
  a: +1 attack for <10% of last upgrade>
  b: +1 defense for <10% of last upgrade>

etc... just this with nice graphic frontend
Post 26 Oct 2006, 16:15
OzzY

OzzY
Yes, most MMORPGs are not real RPGs. They are just kill & level up.
A true MMORPG should be really a role-play game, where you need to interprete your character. There are some UO shards that have this as rule though.
Post 26 Oct 2006, 18:10
Reverend

Reverend
That's a sad truth. Many MMORPGs look like vid said. For example, in one game if you spend one day clicking on some ore mine, you get so high mining level, that the ore you just get can be sold for a lot of money. Thus there are people who play MMORPGs only to have a character which can mine, which is IMHO stupid.
Post 27 Oct 2006, 22:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
I wish I still had the link, but I once saw a Windows RPG which only had one big button. Laughing
Post 28 Oct 2006, 04:11

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: