flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Cleaning offtopic posts

Delete offtopic posts in project threads?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Niels

Niels
vid wrote:
Quote:
i did some cleanup and changed first post, hope nobody got hurt.
i also decided we can't take entire thing at once.

As you have stated; 'you have changed the first post' and 'cleaned up', while you should have made a new thread, like you also stated, it can't be done at once.

Niels.

ps.
Vid, I didn't got hurt BTW, but I threat the forum with respect not as a gabberish chatbox (where I do not hang-out BTW) and if 'often deleting' would become a standard, I spare me the time to say anything at all, I hope you will understand, it's not an angry man talking. Smile
Post 20 Oct 2006, 10:07
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
this is some opinion from Niels, originally posted in Compare Assemblers project.

My opinion is, that these threads should remain in state in which they can efficiently provide info, without need to read over posts which are not informative

Starting new thread imho isn't the best idea, because we will then have X threads on new subject. Other possibility is to split offtopic posts to other thread, but then they still aren't readable

Niels: i am not sure what was your post about, but if i recall right, i deleted only posts that didn't contain any informative value to subject, or info in info was already stored in document. And besides, I explicitly stated not to post without any information on topic.
Post 20 Oct 2006, 11:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
shoorick

shoorick
most ideas and projects in "p & i" section are personal and cleaning them is good, but mostly on request by topic starter (or after contacting him) to remove posts which have no (more) any sense.
even if topic got posts worth to stay, but not related to topic, it is better to cut them into separate thread.
Post 22 Oct 2006, 17:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
donkey7

donkey7
create subforum called 'thrash' where vid would move offtopic posts, that would be visible only to logged users. deleting posts isn't good, even if they are completely useless for some people. of course, i didn't count spam posts Smile
Post 23 Oct 2006, 15:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
well... if more people say thay want it this way, then no problem. but remember that sometimes some posts need to be edited (sometimes by me), and i can't keep original of those
Post 23 Oct 2006, 19:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Adam Kachwalla

Adam Kachwalla
Is it possible to move off-topic threads to "Heap" instead of just erasing them?
Post 16 Jun 2007, 05:13
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
it's done now this way, to prevent problems like this happening
Post 16 Jun 2007, 07:37

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: