flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Guitar playing

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

HyperVista
Post 13 Nov 2006, 19:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
Guitar Hero 2 (video game) sounds interesting. Wink
Post 13 Nov 2006, 22:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
Also, a really good new band (nice soloing!), a so-called supergroup, is Army of Anyone: singer from Filter (Richard Patrick), drummer from DLR Band (Ray Luzier), guitar (Dean DeLeo) and bass (Robert DeLeo) from Stone Temple Pilots.

Seriously, I'm fairly jaded about music, but this band has some REAL potential. Very cool stuff in a classic rock feel.
Post 21 Nov 2006, 15:44
rugxulo

rugxulo
vid wrote:
btw, i play guitar too... but i don't like quitar masturbers too much, they often end up just demonstrating technique, not playing music.

my favourites range from Chuck Berry, Angus and Malcolm Young, Wolf Hoffman, Matthias Jabs & Rudolf Schenker. For those music comes first, and then comes their shredding. As for "interesting" guitarists, it is for sure Pete Townshend

btw, Uli Jon Roth is better than Malmsteen in everything YJM tries to do, and UJR also can show much more.

Chuck Berry is supposed to be soon releasing new music for the first time in a long time (unconfirmed, but I know I heard that somewhere, maybe on the radio). Plus, The Who just released their first studio album in 20+ years (Endless Wire). Also, The Scorpions are (not surprisingly) working on a new album, as are AC/DC.
Post 22 Nov 2006, 02:57
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Also, who of you knew bad Screaming Lord Sutch and Savages? They were the-one-band in england in early '60s.

They were in origin of bands like: Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, Yardbirds/Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, White Stripes....
Post 22 Nov 2006, 12:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
Well, it finally happened. Van Halen (w/ both Dave and Sammy) have been inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. The ceremony is March 12th of this year. Other inductees are REM, Patti Smith, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, and the Ronettes. Smile
Post 21 Jan 2007, 01:28
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
and still no Freddy Finger Lee there? shame, i hate such list. They are always too subjective.
Post 21 Jan 2007, 07:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
http://www.van-halen.com/

Quote:

VAN HALEN IS BACK!
VAN HALEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE SUMMER TOUR

February 2, 2007

Los Angeles, CA - In what is no doubt one of the most anticipated moments in rock and roll, VAN HALEN officially announces their 2007 North American tour.

The tour will mark the first time since 1984 that original VAN HALEN front man David Lee Roth will perform with Eddie and Alex Van Halen along with new bassist Wolfgang Van Halen for 40 shows this summer.

VAN HALEN fans can look forward to legendary high intensity performances, featuring a set list of the most iconic hits ever produced by America's premiere rock band.

Eddie Van Halen states, "I am very excited to get back to the core of what made VAN HALEN."
Post 11 Feb 2007, 01:17
Maverick

Maverick
Wow.. good news. If they get near me, I'll definitely go pay a visit. Smile
Post 12 Feb 2007, 10:09
rugxulo

rugxulo
Sorry, Maverick, you must've misread: it says only North America (for now). Of course, the brothers are reported to love touring a lot (i.e., it's their main goal as musicians, to play in front of people), so they may extend the tour if all goes well. Keep your fingers crossed! Wink
Post 13 Feb 2007, 18:31
Maverick

Maverick
I know that 99.4% it won't happen, in fact I wrote "If they get near me", not "When they get near me".
Post 14 Feb 2007, 08:49
Remy Vincent

Remy Vincent
I am sorry, but I have zero (0) disks of VAN HALEN,... I usually listen to some PLAYLISTS with 12 or 13 songs,... Really, I have 66 PLAYLIST, all done by myself, at this page http://www.geocities.com/remyvincent/fra_Playlist.HTM
Post 01 Mar 2007, 17:04
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
I personally didn't like Van Halen much. I only have seen/heard one live concert, but i didn't like it (except fact that singer was showing how much he can drink).

Fortunately, we have Scorpions in Slovakia this year, i hope i will get there.
Post 01 Mar 2007, 17:32
rugxulo

rugxulo
Don't like Van Halen much? No sweat. You like similar music, at least, so you have good taste. (P.S. Happy Birthday, Dee Snider and tomorrow is Wolfgang Van Halen's b'day too!)

Oh, and Rush has a new album (Snakes and Arrows) apparently coming out in the U.S. on May 1. They played the single on the radio the other day. Smile
Post 16 Mar 2007, 04:01
Maverick

Maverick
Was Van Halen's "Running With The Devil" inspired by God or..?

Very Happy

Very Happy

Very Happy
Post 16 Mar 2007, 07:53
rugxulo

rugxulo
You'd have to ask Dave since he wrote the lyrics. I dunno what they profess these days.
Post 16 Mar 2007, 21:08
Maverick

Maverick

Is "For Analawful Carnal Knowledge" endorsed by the Church? Very Happy

Come on ragxulo, how do you make Van Halen compatible with your Middle Age religious beliefs?

Beware, that may open the doors of Hell to you! "Burn! Burn! Burn! Yes you're gonna burn!" (no no, that's by those commies called Rage Against The Machine).

Post 17 Mar 2007, 08:47
rugxulo

rugxulo
I don't have to make anything compatible: it's just music. However, feel free to listen to gospel music if you prefer. (For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge is the original meaning of the F*** word. I think they were somewhat arguing against censorship.)
Post 29 Mar 2007, 00:31

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: