flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Guitar playing

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
rugxulo

rugxulo
Hypervista, 52 is young! Eddie Van Halen is your age, so you ain't in bad company (especially if you like classic rock). Smile

Can you tell I'm a big Van Halen fan?! Laughing
Post 04 Oct 2006, 04:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Maverick

Maverick
rugxulo wrote:
Hypervista, 52 is young! Eddie Van Halen is your age, so you ain't in bad company (especially if you like classic rock). Smile

Can you tell I'm a big Van Halen fan?! Laughing

Count me in!!

Post 05 Oct 2006, 10:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
rugxulo wrote:
Quote:
Hypervista, 52 is young! Eddie Van Halen is your age

have you seen Eddie lately??

http://snarkfest.com/images/uploads/eddievanhalen_thumb.jpg

sorry - doesn't make me feel any better, but thanks anyway Very Happy . (damn, cocaine is rough on the body!!)
Post 07 Oct 2006, 02:59
Maverick

Maverick
I don't think it's cocaine, rather it's tongue tumor. Luckily Eddie survived anyway.

He (hard) rocks. I also like a lot Joe Satriani, I'm a (laaame) guitarist myself, and they inspired me a lot (also Santana a bit). They'r perhaps the 3 most different guitarists out there, anyway. Very Happy
Post 07 Oct 2006, 17:43
HyperVista

HyperVista
oh..., i didn't know he had cancer ... now i feel bad (not so funny a joke now). he is one of the all-time best guitarists. my favorites are:

Eric Clapton, Joe Satirani, Joe Walsh, Mark Knopfler, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and B.B King.

i think it's very cool you play guitar (more than a few fasmers play guitar- Madis, for one). funny thing is, there are many programmers who are also musicians. if you walk the halls at Microsoft, you will see many guitars propped up in offices. Cool
Post 07 Oct 2006, 19:30
rugxulo

rugxulo
HyperVista, don't feel bad, he's been cancer free for about four years. Smile

Anyways, "different" guitarists? Stanley Jordan, Allen Holdsworth, Yngwie Malmsteen, Al Di Meola, Eric Johnson ... there are lots of guys who are just plain "out there" musically (as well as the ones you mentioned)!

But, my favorite is EVH. Heck, I'm wearing a VH shirt right now (got one from each era, heh)! Smile

Last edited by rugxulo on 13 Oct 2006, 14:25; edited 1 time in total
Post 08 Oct 2006, 02:16
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
btw, i play guitar too... but i don't like quitar masturbers too much, they often end up just demonstrating technique, not playing music.

my favourites range from Chuck Berry, Angus and Malcolm Young, Wolf Hoffman, Matthias Jabs & Rudolf Schenker. For those music comes first, and then comes their shredding. As for "interesting" guitarists, it is for sure Pete Townshend

btw, Uli Jon Roth is better than Malmsteen in everything YJM tries to do, and UJR also can show much more.
Post 08 Oct 2006, 09:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
vid:
Quote:
Uli Jon Roth is better than Malmsteen in everything YJM tries to do, and UJR also can show much more.
Recuerdo de la Alhambra by Francisco Tarrega
http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.laurens/ecouter.htm
That is REAL guitar music.
Smile
Post 08 Oct 2006, 11:47
farrier

farrier
Jimi Hendrix still blows me away, and he would be a star if he came out now, let alone 40 years ago. EVH always impressed me, esp. playing live. How someone could do the things he does/did with such ease and joy amazes me. I think his health problems were more likely related to his ever present cigarette. When I saw him, either he or his guitars' tuning pegs were smoking!!

Most often played now/still Stevie Ray Vaughn. From the past--but still amazing--Django Reinhardt. Here is a link with some mediocre recordings with Stephane Grappelli, a jazz violin genius: keep in mind this is in the 1930's

http://www.redhotjazz.com/django.html

tom tobias, enjoyed those links!

farrier

... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, ...
The code is dark, and full of errors!
Post 08 Oct 2006, 17:01
rugxulo

rugxulo
Yes, those are all awesome guitarists (plus don't forget Steve Morse, Michael Schenker, Ritchie Blackmore, John McLaughlin, Neal Schon, Robert Cray, Hellecasters, Manuel de Barrueco, Paco de Lucia, and gazillions more ... heck, even Sammy Hagar can shred pretty good, heh).
Post 12 Oct 2006, 02:05
MCD

MCD
Oaahah, I'm so amazed to finally have a pic of you, Tomasz!! Shocked Laughing BTW, your pic makes me remeber my uncle as he was younger, he almost looked like you! (coincidence?)

I'm sure I will post a pic of mine ASA I have completely installed in my new accomodation and am abitued to the new area.
Post 12 Oct 2006, 10:25
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
few days we were on Deep Purple with my girlfriend, standing just in front of stage, and she catched Steve Morse's guitar pick (and also the keyboardist's towel, but we gave it to some guy nearby).

I liked the classical lineup, now it's not the same it was. And i didn't like Morse's sound
Post 12 Oct 2006, 10:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
You threw away Don Airey's towel? Why, man, why??? (okay, maybe it's a bit sweaty, heh) Don't like 'em? Well, to each his own, but Morse rocks with the best of 'em, IMHO! (He's been in the band for about 11 years now). Smile
Post 12 Oct 2006, 21:16
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i liked Lord a lot, but this guy... :/ says nothing to me.

btw, i didn't throw it away, i gave it to guy who will appreaciate it much more than me
Post 12 Oct 2006, 22:30
shoorick

shoorick
hi, guys!
i have to say deep purple is one of my favorite bands, but they are not this forum members Very Happy
let cut some of these posts into separate topic about guitarists etc.
also, i think there is enough one post per person to intruduce ownself, other discussion is not needed (maybe have just temporal importance) and only disorder this topic.

ps. this feedback also can be removed Smile

thanks!
Post 13 Oct 2006, 08:43
rugxulo

rugxulo
shoorick = buzz kill Laughing
Post 13 Oct 2006, 14:26
rhyno_dagreat

rhyno_dagreat
Wow, I didn't know you could split up a thread into two. Last time I recalled this, it was in the more info about yourself thread. Shocked
Post 13 Oct 2006, 16:34
rugxulo

rugxulo
Post 24 Oct 2006, 16:39
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
hehe, i'm jumpin' cryin' playin' sayin' little rock'n'roll right now
Post 24 Oct 2006, 17:16
rugxulo

rugxulo
The best music, IMO, is on The House of Hair radio show (weekly, at least on this end of the pond or whatever). The host is the guy from Twisted Sister, who have just released a metal Christmas (!) album. Very Happy
Post 07 Nov 2006, 22:31

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: