flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Wishlist Tomasz Grysztar

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sylwek32

sylwek32
Hello Tomasz,
you programmed that great FlatAssembler, a lot of people
are programming in your language and its so popular, even
in the DVD Edition of Wikipedia youf FlatAssembler is included!
Are there some things you need ? Some Computer Equipment
etc. or a Movie or something like that ?
Maybe you can make a wishlist and then
we can realize your wishes because you gave us fasm.
Greetings and a lot of thanks.
Next year i am comming to the fasm meeting.
Post 02 Oct 2006, 18:54
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
if i can respond... first of all, fasm needs to become popularized and "taken seriously", as it is probably most serious tool now.

tomasz told me that intel (or AMD? not sure) site has dead link to NASM as tool for x86-64 development. NASM doesn't even have 64 bit support, and it's clone YASM doesn't have all issues solved. he wrote them but he probably didn't get through secretary firewall... and you see, this is same.

one thing we have been discussing is to make some not-subjective comparison of assemblers, like one very old by Randall Hyde, which you can find everywhere. you inspired me to create this thread: http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=5949
Post 02 Oct 2006, 20:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Vasilev Vjacheslav

Vasilev Vjacheslav
Tomasz, please, wish Ferrari for yourself Cool
Post 03 Oct 2006, 10:49
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
lol, vasilev Razz

i wish i can live for several thousand years (with good health) Smile so that i can learn lots of knowledge, but maybe nobody can grant that if tomasz so wishes Razz

nice thread!! slywek32
Post 03 Oct 2006, 12:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sylwek32

sylwek32
@vbVeryBeginner

nice thread!! slywek32

thanks. but i am "s y l w e k 32" Very Happy
or if you want you can say sly Very Happy
Post 03 Oct 2006, 12:33
Madis731

Madis731
honest mistake Smile many people do these...
Post 03 Oct 2006, 13:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i think hypervista was misreading your nick that way initially, so that's where it comes from
Post 03 Oct 2006, 13:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
yes vid is right, my bad .... sorry.
in my mind, i was picturing sylvester slylone (rambo) you know, (sly - short for sylvester). plus, "sly" means very clerver. we have a saying, "sly as a fox", meaning very resourceful. sorry i mixed up your nick ... you can call me HyperFucker, if you want.
Post 03 Oct 2006, 14:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sylwek32

sylwek32
lol HyperVista,
no problem.
No i don't want to call you HyperFucker
Greetings
Post 03 Oct 2006, 15:06
Maverick

Maverick
Let away that HyperFucker would be a compliment, not an insult. Very Happy

You can call ME HyperFucker, if you want. Very Happy
Post 03 Oct 2006, 15:28
HyperVista

HyperVista
LOFL Maverick - yes, it does have a nice sound to it! Very Happy

btw, very nice picture of you, your wife and child. your child is beautiful. looks like she has your wife's eye color and your eye shape. i remember when my daughter was that young .... enjoy these years (i know you do already).
Post 03 Oct 2006, 15:40
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
Quote:

thanks. but i am "s y l w e k 32"
or if you want you can say sly

sorry, it is my careless mistake to spell your nick wrongly.
i appologize.

lol@hypervista
Post 03 Oct 2006, 18:59
Maverick

Maverick
Quote:
btw, very nice picture of you, your wife and child. your child is beautiful. looks like she has your wife's eye color and your eye shape. i remember when my daughter was that young .... enjoy these years (i know you do already).

Thank you very much. Yes, we've wanted her a lot, we had financial problems (due to my eternal misluck in finding the right associates) but then things were going to fix and thus we married and the same month my wife was pregnant. You're right, Sara has her mother's eyes and my bad temperament nonetheless. Very Happy But she's also very very sweet and fond/generous.
When I took her in my arms for the first time, I think that is the single most important moment in my life.
We wanted another child (and more in the future, possibly) a lot, things were going bad financially again but then they started to get fixed, thus we decided to have another and it happened on the same "cycle" (it seems I can not only "optimize for CPU", I can also "optimize for woman" too Very Happy ).
Some good friends of mine have tried for 2 years to have a child, with cures, etc.. I know how much suffering and anguish it was for them, and I know how much lucky we are, from this regard, but from many others as well.
I believe in the value of family a lot, both the one I created and the one I was originated from, my father is now having harder times than ever health wise, the biggest hope I have now is that he'll know his next nephew and enjoy him/her for as long as possible, and vice-versa.
I think that we're just "passing" in this world (I also personally believe that then we go to /dev/nil, but that's another topic), life would be much better if we realized what are the truly important things that give it a sense.

Coding is one of them anyway. Wink

..but not one of the most important anyway.

Post 05 Oct 2006, 10:01
Borsuc

Borsuc
but if you make art from code...

warning! Be careful, the code sees us!

Post 05 Oct 2006, 10:14
HyperVista

HyperVista
Maverick - wow! very profound and touching. i was just yesterday discussing with a colleague how fortunate we are to be blessed with children and how difficult and sad it is for those who long for children and for some reason can not. life it truly a big circle and you captured that sentiment beautifully in your post. you started my day off with the right attitude, perspective, and priority. thank you.
Post 05 Oct 2006, 10:29
Maverick

Maverick
Hi HyperVista. I'm glad about the result, but it was purely a product of luck. Wink
Post 05 Oct 2006, 10:34
Borsuc

Borsuc
sorry if I sounded like a bastard, i was just joking

ps: it's important to not confuse a child with a toy, like some people do. you should love him/her for what he/she is, not for what you want him/her to be.. I know you do that, but just my 2 cents for those who don't... Wink
Post 05 Oct 2006, 10:40
Maverick

Maverick
I think that is a good test to see if a parent REALLY loves his/her child, well said! Wink

Not to be confused with parents telling their children "you must go well in school", etc.. but those that e.g. pretend their children to become a lawyer just because they failed.. those are really sick.

I confused the two things and never went well in school. Very Happy
Post 05 Oct 2006, 11:40
Madis731

Madis731
Now, guys - please don't make Tomasz want children - not yet! Very Happy First he's gotta finish school, then finish FASM and only then dedicate himself to something totally different Wink
Then you won't have as many frequent FASM updates though...

PS. Tomasz, don't be insulted - if you are multitasking capable, then you might as well do it and best wishes!
Post 05 Oct 2006, 12:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
We just got deep in that discussion, we forgot about the topic Razz

A cool wish would be... I don't know, what's cooler than code?
Post 05 Oct 2006, 12:41

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: