flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > POLL: Will You be Watching the FASM Discussion Webcast LIVE?

Will You be Watching the FASM Webcast Live?
Yes, I'll be watching the event live
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
I plan on watching the event live, but not sure I can
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
I won't be watching live, but will catch the replay later
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

HyperVista
So that we can accurately plan for enough bandwidth, please provide your input to this poll.

The FASM technical discussion will be webcast live Saturday September 30th at 1330 GMT. The replay will be available for on-demand viewing immediately afteward and for the weeks to follow.
Post 25 Sep 2006, 00:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I voted for "I plan on watching the event live, but not sure I can". The timing is somewhat difficult for me, but I have a keen interest to see just what a group of ASM programmers can find to talk about Wink

If I can't manage to catch it live then for sure I'll check it out later on the replay.

How many hours do you expect to be recording?
Post 26 Sep 2006, 12:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
thank you for your input revolution. we have the conference room for 4 hours, but i don't think we will go that long. i think it will be very informal; just some guys sitting around talking about technical aspects of FASM, future plans for FASM, etc. we have tentatively discussed informal presentations such as vid talking about fasmlib, MazeGen talking about code obfuscation, me talking about implementing VMX (Intel virutualization) in FASM, and of course Tomasz will talk about what ever he pleases Very Happy
Post 26 Sep 2006, 13:27
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
10 users so 189*10 = 1890 kbps (kilo bits), it's not a so terrible load, however it reaches the limit of one of the hosting plans (I not mean for the bandwidth but for the number of simultaneous users allowed by the plan).

PS: I voted too (I was the first voting "Yes, I'll be watching the event live" Very Happy)
Post 26 Sep 2006, 16:47
HyperVista

HyperVista
Hi locodelassembly. Yes, I think we will be fine. I have the 15 simultaneous connection plan, and the tech support guys told me because of the way I have the broadcast rates set, we can actually sustain 18 - 20.
Btw, I talked them into NOT switching our servers out until after the event. The fasm index.htm code you wrote will still work. Nice piece of work, thanks!
I'm going to try to set up a test from the conference room on Thurs. or Friday. I don't know the exact time because it's going to depend on the hotel. If I see you on the board, I'll send you a quick PM. The only question now is the quality of the broadband at the hotel.
Thank you for all your help over the past couple of weeks getting the webcast ready. The fasm community owes you a big thanks for helping make this possible. I certainly thank you. You WILL be joining us next year at the event.
Post 26 Sep 2006, 17:34
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
The FASM community owes a big thanks TO YOU, I just provided some feedback for YOUR webcast that YOU provide to us. The index.html was just an artistical expression based on something I did in 2005 year (the "LOCODELASSEMBLY" logo trick using tables is my prefered part Razz), but is not needed at all.

Thanks for thinking in those who will not go to Kraków!

Regards

PS: fyi, I not continued developing "HTML4.01.inc" because I realised that it's not a good approach Razz Maybe I'll try something different in the future (specially now that I handle a little better preprocessor features than those days).
Post 26 Sep 2006, 18:17
arafel

arafel
HyperVista,

What will be the streaming video format or is it yet to be setup/decided?
Post 26 Sep 2006, 19:39
HyperVista

HyperVista
greetings arafel - i'm using windows mida encoder 9. but all you need is IE 6, Firefox, or Opera browser and java installed. to test your configuration, go to: http://www.hypervista-technologies.com. there you will find a test video stream (at the bottom right of the screen .... unless i'm testing with a live webcast at the time (i'm going to be doing some final testing tonight).

In which part of Jerusalem do you live? I know the area well.

I hope to see you on the webcast chat board this Saturday.
Post 26 Sep 2006, 20:29
arafel

arafel
Ok, thanks. Visited your page and both the streaming and chat seem to work fine. I definitely will join the webcast chat at saturday, although I don't know much about the subjects you guys going to discuss (code obfuscation and Intel virtualization namely) so I probably won't participate much Embarassed

I live in Pizgat-Zeev, but will be moving somewhere around February to the city center (got a place near the Old City). Have you lived in Jerusalem or just traveled here?
Post 26 Sep 2006, 21:11
HyperVista

HyperVista
Glad you were able to connect and found everything working well. I saw you pop up and down on the chat board (doing some live testing at the time). If you don't mind, can you tell us which browser and OS you're using? Thanks.

Travelled to Jerusalem many times on work. I really like the region. Wow, near the old town center? Fantastic for you. ( moving near Jaffa Gate?)

We look forward to your participation on Saturday.
Post 26 Sep 2006, 21:17
arafel

arafel
Windows XP Pro SP2 with IE 6.0.

yep pretty near the Jaffa gate. Moving to King George street which is something like one minute walk from there.
Post 26 Sep 2006, 22:03
f0dder

f0dder
I hope I can watch live, but not 100% sure. It does help that it's relatively early in the day, though - I have plans for the evening. Will you have some chat/irc stuff running so we can join in on the conversation, or is it a one-way feed?
Post 26 Sep 2006, 22:10
HyperVista

HyperVista
Hi f0dder - yes, we will have live chat during the session so you can participate. it's the same chat window / video window configuration you and i were using during the testing last week.

I hope you can make it Saturday.
Post 26 Sep 2006, 22:37
wisepenguin

wisepenguin
im watching it now, but as i dont have java installed i cant chat

hi guys !
Post 30 Sep 2006, 13:05

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: