flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Test Your Configuration for the FASM WebCast

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I'm glad to announce that HyperVista has done some modifications and now Opera users (maybe Firefox too) can use WMP controls to stop/play and all that stuff. He also added a link to the stream just in case you want to open it with your favorite player.

Regards
Post 23 Sep 2006, 03:19
HyperVista

HyperVista
errrrmmm .... locodelassembly solved the technical problems with the site wrt Opera and he made the suggestion to add direct link to video stream for those whose browsers don't support embedded objects. i simply did the typing.
Post 23 Sep 2006, 03:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I'd just finish the index page of the streaming site using FASM, check it out.

Regards

Description: Includes the index page plus some related stuff from the past year
Download
Filename: HyperVista.zip
Filesize: 5.3 KB
Downloaded: 156 Time(s)

Post 24 Sep 2006, 03:59
HyperVista

HyperVista
i've tested locodelassembly's FASM crafted web connection with a live webcast and it worked perfectly (Firefox, WinXP Pro, SP2).

Thank you locodelassembly!!

Less than one week to the FASM Technical Discussion Webcast ... test your rigs soon!

P.S. - Opera browser now supported!!
Post 24 Sep 2006, 16:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sylwek32

sylwek32
NICE MONITORS Very Happy
Post 24 Sep 2006, 16:14
HyperVista

HyperVista
fyi, for those testing today while I was testing with live webcast and got "bumped" from the server. i contacted the streaming isp who informed me they were doing some testing themselves in preparation of moving several servers to new servers later this week.

Quote:
Dear Don,

We apologize for the problems you were having. We were running some tests in preparation to moving clients to new streaming servers. You should be able to run your tests now without any problems. Please check.

We will be moving your streaming account to new servers this week. We can wait till after your streaming event or before. We will contact you this week to let you know the time line.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. You should not have any further problems connecting. Please verify.

Regards,
Tech Support
Bummer Hosting Solutions
http://www.BummerHosting.com
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, CST (GMT -06:00)
.............................................................................................
A full service hosting company offering web hosting,
video/audio streaming, DRM, merchant accounts, domain
registration, chat pages, SSL certificates, and more!
.............................................................................................
Post 24 Sep 2006, 22:44
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
How many viewers are expected? If your hosting plan ( http://www.bummerhosting.com/streamingprices.htm? <- is one of these?) doesn't support such amount maybe the stream should be distributed as sylwek32 suggested. However the distribution probably cause even more delay for the users connected to secondary servers...

Regards

PS: The load balancing is not too hard, you can achieve it by using JavaScript (or with server side scripts). I can do the JS script if you want.
Post 24 Sep 2006, 23:29
HyperVista

HyperVista
i expect to be able to host ~20 concurrent clients during the live webcast. I don't imagine we'll have more than that. the number of active testers have been under 20 and three of them (vid, MazeGen, and myself) will be at the event and won't be connecting. we'll be suffereing in the coner of the conference room at the hotel wyspianski nursing hang-overs. Razz Ozzy, one of our testers won't be able to watch live because he's got a german language exam that morning. etc., etc. i'm thinking 20 will be enough, but i could be way off.
i expect there will be many more viewers watching the "replay" via on-demand video streaming in the days and weeks after the event.
I can upgrade the account to accomodate ~30 concurrent clients during the live event. maybe we should post a poll in a new thread to get a sense of how many folks plan on watching the webcast live.
i do like the idea of slywek32 helping to host the "replay" videos.
Post 25 Sep 2006, 00:04
f0dder

f0dder
locodelassembly: distributing or "relaying" doesn't necessarily add much delay, it works pretty well for ojuice (which, granted, is "just" audio streams, but has an okay amount of users).

Post 25 Sep 2006, 10:08
HyperVista

HyperVista
@locodelassembly, slywek32, and f0dder - if you want to try the relay configuration, let me know if/when you need live webcast to test. fyi, i'm leaving for the airport on wednesday afternoon of this week and have to pack the camera and other equipment on tuesday evening, so if we're going to test, we need to do it today or tomorrow.
Post 25 Sep 2006, 12:07

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: