flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Video Streaming Test

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

HyperVista
Okay .... I've got the video streaming server established and set-up. I'm currently working on coding up the webpage that will host the stream and chat room.

For now (I'm not an HTML coder) it's a pretty minimalistic page and any help with the webpage coding would be greatly appreciated. I've tested it with good results on IE 6 and Firefox browsers. IE 7 beta doesn't work so great. I'm anxious to learn how your various browsers work.

We decided to host a chat window on the site so those who can't attend the technical discussion in Krakow can still participate and ask questions during the session.

To log onto the chat portion of the website, just type in a nick (preferably your FASM nick so I know who you are) and hit logon. If I'm not logged on to the chat section when you get there, chat among yourselves for a few minutes until I get there to start the video stream.

I can do a quick test tomorrow (Tuesday) at 0900 GMT and some additional testing tomorrow at 2000 GMT (4:00 PM EST USA). We can schedule additional testing for later in the week and certainly for this coming Saturday.

We're going to use one of my spare corporate websites for the video streaming and chat board:
http://www.hypervista-technologies.com

several of you can log on to test the chat board while we're sleeping here in the GMT -4+ region of the world. The chat board is up all the time, whether there is video to stream, or not, so please test that part out when you get a chance.

If someone has a nice "flat assembler" logo, I'll replace the "Hypervista" logo on the webpage.

See you tomorrow.
Post 19 Sep 2006, 03:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
made using blender Wink

Post 19 Sep 2006, 05:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
the first series of testing went well. great thanks to locodelassembly for staying up past 2:00am his local time to help me troubleshoot the audio channel.

thanks too, to shoorick who checked in late last night (my local time) and to MazeGen who helped test the link this morning.

for now, it seems the best client set-up is IE 6 or Firefox with javascript enabled (chat requires javascript). IE 7 (beta) and Opera don't work so well, yet. over the next couple of days we'll be making some modifications and tweaks.

next round of testing will be later today (2000 GMT). fyi, i may be running a little late but will certainly be there for testing no later than 2100 GMT.

the chat portion of the website is always up, so feel free to test that anytime http://www.hypervista-technologies.com. fyi, i can't get to the chat page from my work office because of the firewall.

additional testing later this week will be ad hoc, except for this coming saturday at 1330 GMT. if we're testing a new configuration or tweak and we see that you're logged on to the fasm board, we may send you a pm requesting that you logon to test something.

the video streaming of the fasm technical disucssion in krakow is shaping up! special thanks and greetings to locodelassembly, MazeGen, and shoorick for their help last night.
Post 19 Sep 2006, 11:28
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Quote:

javascript enabled (chat requires javascript).

Actually requieres Java. I don't know which protocol uses but it's not IRC nor HTTP and works on port 8080. Don't change the port to 80 to bypass firewalls because transparent HTTP proxies will make the chat board unreacheable (at least NetCache proxies kills the connection immediately when the communication doesn't start with a proper HTTP request).

Regards
Post 19 Sep 2006, 12:50

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: