flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Video Streaming Testing - Delayed

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

HyperVista
To all of you kind enough to offer to help me test the video streaming in anticipation of the FASM technical discussion in Krakow 30 September, first of all thank you for your offer of assistance.

Special thanks to vid, okasvi, tom tobias, and locodelassembly for specific offers to help testing.

We will have to wait until Monday for the streaming server provider to finalize the account set-up. It looks like we'll be ready to do some testing the early part of next week (Tues or Wed).

Once we get it set-up and tested, I'll post a test video clip so everyone can check their multi-media and firewall settings in advance of the 30th.

I'll let everyone know when we're ready to test.
Post 15 Sep 2006, 23:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Quote:

ready to do some testing the early part of next week
great! umm, though it may result in my non-participation, due to other commitments, I urge you to conduct the testing AT THE SAME hour of the day, as intended for Krakow, at the real session, two weeks from today. I am not sure, whether that will be 0630, East Coast time? If I am unable to participate in the test, then I will send you some jpeg scans of the 2005 book by Dandamudi for Linux/NASM, which does not cover 64 bit operations. I like this book, but, I doubt anyone on this forum would find it useful--it is much too elementary: The first program, "Our First Program", begins on page 205!!!
Smile
Post 16 Sep 2006, 10:39
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
HV: i can test on monday.

tom: thanks for things with book. seems it's book for C-ists, from your description, and too teoretic.

btw, we haven't had some flamewar here recently Wink , so what do you think about such approach, wgeb you first learn all theory and only then go to practical things? as counterpart (eg. seeing soem result from beginning) i offer my old tutorial: http://decard.net/article.php.

I tried to prevent overload of theory that can't be understood yet, straight to practise, but still with understanding what is happenning.

Last edited by vid on 16 Sep 2006, 13:29; edited 1 time in total
Post 16 Sep 2006, 11:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
Quote:
The first program, "Our First Program", begins on page 205!!!

Whoa!! That must be some book! The first line of the book isn't "Call me Sivarama.", is it?

Good idea doing the test roughly the same time as the FASM technical discussion in two weeks (network traffic patterns, etc.). In addition to the initial testing early this week, we should probably run a test next Saturday at 1330 GMT.

There's only a 6 hour time difference between Krakow and the east coast, usa, so 1530 in Krakow (GMT+2) will be 0930 EST -> 0630 PST (GMT-4 and GMT-7, repectively (currently DST in all locations - except GMT, of course).
Post 16 Sep 2006, 12:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I think that I can be here on monday 1030 (GMT-3) to participate on the testings
Post 16 Sep 2006, 13:56
okasvi

okasvi
I'm ready almost anytime...
Post 17 Sep 2006, 09:44
MazeGen

MazeGen
I can test it almost any workday, if you let me know in advance Smile
Post 18 Sep 2006, 11:54
HyperVista

HyperVista
I'll have a better idea of testing scheudule after my telephone conference later today with the streaming video server provider technical staff. my telephone conference with them is scheulded for 1900 GMT today. we should be ready for some testing tomorrow or wednesday. we'll want to test next saturday for sure.

the big question is going to be the broadband connection at the hotel. they claim it's 1MB/sec frame relay.
Post 18 Sep 2006, 14:32
tom tobias

tom tobias
Quote:

the broadband connection at the hotel
Yes, this will be the potential brake. For that reason, I suggest, if the Hotel management is in agreement, that you run a second test, for even just ten minutes, LATE at night, in Krakow, when no one else will want or need the conference room, PRIOR to Saturday's gathering, e.g. Thursday or Friday evening, at midnight/0100, which, would be prohibitively late for normal business operations in Krakow, but just fine for USA/Argentina/Columbia/Canada. Surely one of us can spare ten minutes at dinner time, to run a test.....
Post 18 Sep 2006, 18:59
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
okay, that time we others can be testing toilet pipes' bandwidth, if it can hold enough our traffic without getting to denial of service state Very Happy Laughing
Post 18 Sep 2006, 21:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: