flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Attention FASM Partiers: Start Time of Technical Disscussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Preferred Start Time for FASM Technical Discussion
1200 Noon
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keep Current 1530 Start Time
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Skip Tech Discussion - Celebrate Programmer's Day Late
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

HyperVista
The hotel Wyspianski just informed me we can have the conference room for our FASM technical discussion earlier on Saturday 30 Sep if we wish. Before making changes to the current plan of starting the discussion (and live webcam) at 1530 local Krakow time, I'd like some input from the attendees, please.

Thanks

Quote:

Dear Don,

I am writing with reference to your reservation of a conference room on
I kindly inform that we had a cancellation of a reservation that was
made for earlier hours for this day. Thus, if you wish you can have this
room earlier. Please inform us what hours would be most suitable for
you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Daria

Hotel Wyspianski***
JAN-POL S.A.
31-033 Krakow, ul.Westerplatte 15
tel. (+48 12) 429 60 28, fax (+48 12) 422 57 19
e-mail: wyspianski@janpol.com.pl
www.hotel-wyspianski.pl

I'll need to reply to the hotel's question soon, so quick responses from those attending would be appreciated.
Post 13 Sep 2006, 11:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
better later - we may need to recover (maybe ressurect) from previous day Wink
Post 13 Sep 2006, 11:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
LOL vid!!!

vid wrote:
Quote:
better later - we may need to recover (maybe ressurect) from previous day

That was my original thinking, but since the hotel offered an earlier start time I thought I'd ask the attendees .... just in case there were thoughts of stubling into the conference room directly from one of the local pub establishments after an "all nighter".
Post 13 Sep 2006, 11:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
that would be a VERY technical confererence then... we would regret that video streaming then a lot
Post 13 Sep 2006, 11:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
15:30 sounds good for me too...
Post 13 Sep 2006, 12:55
HyperVista

HyperVista
Okay. Told Wyspianski hotel to keep the 1530 start time. Maybe I should ask them to provide large bottles of aspirine and ice packs.
Post 14 Sep 2006, 13:24
okasvi

okasvi
is it GMT+1?
Post 14 Sep 2006, 14:20
HyperVista

HyperVista
i think it's GMT+2 because of day-light-savings time. sometime in october, it switches back to GMT+1. i could be wrong about that, but i think that's right.
Post 14 Sep 2006, 14:27
okasvi

okasvi
ok, I'm living on GMT+2, so is there any news about streaming the discussion to fasm board members who cant attend the fasm party?
Post 14 Sep 2006, 16:16
HyperVista

HyperVista
hi okasvi - nothing firm yet. i'm setting up the streaming server this weekend to do some testing. if you want to, maybe you can help me test it (it will just be some streaming video from my house, but it should give us an idea about the quality and if it's worth the trouble). regardless of the quality of the live streaming video, we will put video up after the discussion for everyone to view. more on that later.

if you want to help me test the streaming video this weekend, let me know and i'll pm you with times, etc. (i promise to make it convenient to your timezone). fyi, i have to limit the number of test participants because only 15 users can be logged into the server at one time (cost goes way up if more users allowed at one-time). so far, just you and vid for the test (assuming you're available this weekend). same number of cuncurrent users (15 max) will apply to the live event on the 30th, but as i said, the video will be available for on-demand viewing after the event. that's the plan, anyway.
Post 14 Sep 2006, 16:29
Madis731

Madis731
I'm going to leave on the 30th before 16:00 when my train leaves, because I need to be home on the 1st October Sad
The eariler, the better, I say...
Post 14 Sep 2006, 20:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
it doesn't matter to me about the time (i'll be so jetlagged and hung-over that it doesn't make much difference ... besides, i'm going to be a mascot in the corner next to MazGen Smile ).

others want to re-evaluate their vote given Madis' schedule on Saturday??

I think we still have time to notify the hotel if we decide to start earlier.
Post 14 Sep 2006, 20:39
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i am on slow connection this weekend Sad

if madis has to go sooner, maybe we could arrive sooner on friday to have enough time for both fun and technical things
Post 15 Sep 2006, 08:12
HyperVista

HyperVista
oh, i forgot about your slower connection on the weekends. perhaps you can get locodelassemby and OzzY to help you. Very Happy http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=5843

i'm sure we will need additional testing of the streaming video system during the week next week and perhaps you can help then. we can work out times later.

what time are you and MazeGen planning on arriving Krakow on Friday? I thought it was evening time, no? i think we should keep the technical discussion on Saturday to give the fasm community around the world the best opportunity to see the discussions live. (friday evening there is mid-day in the americas and most are at work). saturdays, most people are at home and have access and time to watch discussions.

@Madis - you're arriving sometime on Thurs??
Post 15 Sep 2006, 10:36
tom tobias

tom tobias
Quote:

if you want to help me test the streaming video this weekend, let me know
I am available, if you just need a warm body to test the server. Let me know whether it will be Saturday or Sunday, and the time, and whether you want me to use streaming video, streaming audio, both, or only "instant messenger", and whether it is important to use one flavor or another of the various streaming media alternatives: Yahoo, M$, AOL, others.....
Smile
Post 15 Sep 2006, 11:10
tom tobias

tom tobias
Quote:

15:30 sounds good for me too...

Yes, and in addition, this time offers a useful compromise for those living in Asia (evening), or North/South America (morning). I think 12:30 is not unreasonable, and may be even better for folks in Korea/Japan/TaiWan/Australia/Malaysia. Some of us on west Coast, or Hawaii, will find that time TOO EARLY, but no time will be perfect. Anytime between 1200 and 1700 is reasonable.
When you test, this weekend, it will be useful to employ the SAME computer intended for two weeks from now....
Smile
Post 15 Sep 2006, 11:20
HyperVista

HyperVista
thanks tom! i'll let you know the format and test times once i get it set-up. i'm going to acquire hosting streaming service from http://www.bummerhosting.com/streaming.htm today, and you can check out the formats supported there. MS media play, realtime, etc. are supported. i'm going to have a chat window there too so folks on the web can interact. i'm going to host the video on my "back-up / spare / scratch" website (www.hypervista-technolgies.com). i use that site as a mirror/test site to my company's site, so it's available to host the video.

btw, where in the states do you live? i'm in northern va, near washington, d.c.

[edit] yes, i'm going to use my laptop for the test (same one i'm taking to Krakow) [/edit]
Post 15 Sep 2006, 11:20
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
At what hour the tests start? (GMT time)Maybe I have some time this weekend if you want that I test the streaming.
Post 15 Sep 2006, 13:19
HyperVista

HyperVista
thanks locodelassembly. i'll let you know. i've got to get the streaming host account established, modify my "spare" website to host the stream on and do some localized testing myself. perhaps on saturday and/or sunday. you're basically on my timezone, so that makes it fairly easy.

i'll have a better sense of what time i'll be ready for international testing tonight/tomorrow.
Post 15 Sep 2006, 13:28
MazeGen

MazeGen
HyperVista wrote:
what time are you and MazeGen planning on arriving Krakow on Friday? I thought it was evening time, no?

At first, it was evening time. Right now I'm not sure if vid is really planning any changes, but I'm personally not disposed to arrive early...
Post 18 Sep 2006, 11:49

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: