flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Learning languages (not computer languages)

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
OzzY

OzzY
Hi!
I like to learn computer languages as well as people language, like english, spanish, etc.
I'm from Brazil and my main language is portuguese. I can talk in english, I understand a bit of spanish (it's similar to portuguese) and i'm studying german at school. I've began learning Serbian at a web site. Laughing

I'm interessed in Polish, Russian and other languages.

So let's share links to web sites where we can learn languages! Very Happy
Learn serbian here: http://www.serbianschool.com/

Share your links and also if you like, talk about your country! Very Happy
Post 30 Aug 2006, 02:08
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
generally, if you understand one slavic language, other are similar. i understand more 2/3 polish words and even about 1/3 russian....
Post 30 Aug 2006, 05:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
mattst88

mattst88
Very good website for verb conjugations: www.verbix.com

I find it extremely useful and interesting.

Another good site is http://wordreference.com/.
Post 30 Aug 2006, 22:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sylwek32

sylwek32
I can teach you polish..
Post 30 Aug 2006, 22:18
peter

peter
http://accidentalrussophile.blogspot.com/ - a blog about Russia from an USA resident

http://www.kisa.ca/ - some trivia about world languages

Wikibooks have textbooks for several languages, for example, Russian. If you have questions about Russian language, please ask me (I'm a native speaker).
Post 31 Aug 2006, 03:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OzzY

OzzY
Thanks for replying people!
I'll try to study Russian and Polish when I have time.
Post 31 Aug 2006, 14:10
rugxulo

rugxulo
Refer to this topic for Esperanto stuff (else, Foriru, kanajlo!):

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=4230&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post 01 Sep 2006, 03:47
OzzY

OzzY
sylwek32,
how could you help me learning Polish?
Post 02 Sep 2006, 00:34
strcpy()

strcpy()
i want to learn czec and russian =)
if someone can help ...

thanks
Post 02 Sep 2006, 13:00
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

pelaillo
I tried to learn Polish, unsuccesfully Sad it is really complex. There are so many rules to follow... I think this is one of the reasons the Poles are so good at learning other languages (including computer languages) and including the creation of languages: esperanto, fasm...
Post 02 Sep 2006, 16:13
OzzY

OzzY
There's a scientific study that says that learning languages is good to develop some kinds of intelligences. I think you're right. If some person can talk in a very complex language, maybe he'll find easy to do computer programming also.
Languages are good for developing logical thinking, mental associations and memorizing.

Well, people say that portuguese is really complex. I can teach someone if interessed. Just send me a PM and I'll send my MSN.
It could be great to have friends from other countries.

pelaillo: If you found hard to learn polish, I guess I'll find it hard too. Because portuguese is similar to spanish. We must have the same language base. Wink
Post 02 Sep 2006, 16:41
rugxulo

rugxulo
pelaillo, actually they say Zamenhof's mother tongue was Russian.
Post 03 Sep 2006, 00:35
Madis731

Madis731
There's a Spanish CD collection (8 CDs) from Michael Thomas - it very good because he teaches through English which is very similar so you can learn quicker if you knew English. In my opinion you have to be very good in English to link these two languages. Even better when its your native.
I've learnt English 13 years extensively and its a bit out of my league Smile but someonw might find it useful. Just google about it...and of course there are online free Spanish lessons that are also googlable, I haven't researched which is best.

The third option is to listen to Spanish songs - there are many advantages. For starters many words are repeated and you will finally get how they are used consequently - though a bit poeticly - that isn't a big problem. The second thing is that you will notice words that rhyme and this is what will link the best in your head like "corazon" and "amor" heart and love respectively rhyme and they are practically the same thing Very Happy "corazon" is the source of "amor" etc.
Post 03 Sep 2006, 08:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
sylwek32

sylwek32
OzzY wrote:
sylwek32,
how could you help me learning Polish?

IRC: #learnpolish on freenode IRC

I use vinge.freenode.net
Post 03 Sep 2006, 12:21
sylwek32

sylwek32
pelaillo wrote:
I tried to learn Polish, unsuccesfully Sad it is really complex. There are so many rules to follow... I think this is one of the reasons the Poles are so good at learning other languages (including computer languages) and including the creation of languages: esperanto, fasm...

It´s not hard as you think.
I have learned English , German without any problems.

I can teach you..
Post 03 Sep 2006, 12:23
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

pelaillo
OzzY: yes, I can read portuguese but is harder to understand hearing it because of pronunciation (very nice actually)

rugxulo wrote:

actually they say Zamenhof's mother tongue was Russian.

wikipedia wrote:
His native languages were Russian, Yiddish and Polish (according to biographers A.Zakrzewski, E.Wiesenfeld), but he also spoke German fluently. Later he learned French, Latin, Greek, Hebrew and English, and he also had an interest in Italian, Spanish and Lithuanian.

Madis731: ¿estudiaste los ocho discos?

sylwek32: thanks, it will be an interesting excercise to exchange our languages. I'll look for you on irc.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 03:32
shoorick

shoorick
there is need to find good learning resource or textbook. it is hard to learn without systema, just trying reading with dictionary or in conversation. But conversation with native speeker is very usefull as he has to understand even wrong centences and point errors. Learning second language will make easier learning third, etc. i think.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 05:01
peter

peter
There are a lot of free online textbooks for learning languages; just search them with Google!

In a minute, I found several sites with free Russian online lessons, including a nice site about Russian grammar (highly recommended), another one with several courses, and the third one having only basic information about the language, but still useful.

You can start learning with textbooks, and then talk with native speakers to clarify your doubts about words' meaning, to improve your pronunciation and spelling.

If you can reach a native speaker only by e-mail or Web, then try listening to songs, watching movies and TV shows. Many Russian people learn English by watching American movies, and I once heard of a boy who got a good British pronunciation by listening to BBC broadcasts for one year. You can study colloquial expressions and regional accents this way, as the movies and soap operas show the people with different speech in close-to-real situations.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 10:34
sylwek32

sylwek32
pelaillo wrote:
OzzY: yes, I can read portuguese but is harder to understand hearing it because of pronunciation (very nice actually)

rugxulo wrote:

actually they say Zamenhof's mother tongue was Russian.

wikipedia wrote:
His native languages were Russian, Yiddish and Polish (according to biographers A.Zakrzewski, E.Wiesenfeld), but he also spoke German fluently. Later he learned French, Latin, Greek, Hebrew and English, and he also had an interest in Italian, Spanish and Lithuanian.

Madis731: ¿estudiaste los ocho discos?

sylwek32: thanks, it will be an interesting excercise to exchange our languages. I'll look for you on irc.

Good.. you speak spanish ?
Post 04 Sep 2006, 20:05
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

pelaillo
Quote:

you speak spanish ?

Yes, it's my mother language.
Post 05 Sep 2006, 03:54

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: