flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > fasm on skyos

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
RedGhost

RedGhost
If I did not even pay for Windows, and have many a free Linux distro available, I won't be paying for this. Keep up the good work in any case.

Post 14 Aug 2006, 17:55
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DataHunter2009

DataHunter2009
Meh, I dunno. I might buy it if it's under $50. Much cheaper than Windows Vista, and SkyOS has many of the fancy effects that took Microsoft many years to get right. It might be worth it. Wink
Post 14 Aug 2006, 19:07
Madis731

Madis731
mattst88 wrote:
I'll look into it.

I assume you feel the same way about the GNU Project, Microsoft, Zeta, *BSDs. That is, they should all make donations since FASM works on their OS's too.

Oops, maybe I didn't understand too well. I thought it will be bundled. If its just another traditional download you can add, then its okay. I thought that it will be more like they advertise to include this.

The difference is that Microsoft asks you money but they do all (most?) of their programs themselves, FreeBSD on the otherhand is free and "passes on" the open-source spirit Very Happy
- THAT's what I meant...

Post 15 Aug 2006, 07:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
okasvi

okasvi
Madis731 wrote:
mattst88 wrote:
I'll look into it.

I assume you feel the same way about the GNU Project, Microsoft, Zeta, *BSDs. That is, they should all make donations since FASM works on their OS's too.

Oops, maybe I didn't understand too well. I thought it will be bundled. If its just another traditional download you can add, then its okay. I thought that it will be more like they advertise to include this.

It comes along SkyOS beta, as optional package(pretty much the same thing as with linux distros).

Post 15 Aug 2006, 22:57
mattst88

mattst88
Donating money on behalf of SkyOS isn't something I can do (I'm not legally affiliated with SkyOS), nor would I (if I were legally affiliated with SkyOS). I think it's not thought out well saying that the makers of SkyOS should donate money to FASM because FASM has been ported to the OS and is available for anyone to use. Although FASM is a very nice program, it's not going to be a selling point for SkyOS so that point is moot.

Donations should come from end users who are using FASM themselves and want to contribute something back. I'd think that including FASM as a package with SkyOS would be contribution enough since it expands the userbase ever so slightly.

I don't want to get into an argument, but I don't think soliciting donations from the people who get your software out into end users' hands is the right approach.
Post 17 Aug 2006, 01:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
mattst88 wrote:
I'd think that including FASM as a package with SkyOS would be contribution enough since it expands the userbase ever so slightly.

Yes, you're right. Embarassed

Post 18 Aug 2006, 11:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: