flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Borland Bringing Back the Turbo

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
f0dder

f0dder
shoorick: that would be one of the aforementioned "illegal" links.
Post 24 Jan 2007, 10:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
shoorick

shoorick
thanx to gods i'm living in a free country!

Description: jumping prohibited!!!
Filesize: 15.47 KB
Viewed: 3448 Time(s)

donot.jpg

Description:
Filesize: 18.05 KB
Viewed: 3448 Time(s)

iknow.jpg

Post 24 Jan 2007, 10:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
So "free country" means "we don't give a shit about copyright"? Yes, very healthy attitude to have... I'm sure you don't believe in private property either, so give me your address and I'll come and appropriate your belongings.
Post 24 Jan 2007, 10:45
shoorick

shoorick
ok! send me pm when you will ready to go - i'll buy some beer Wink and do not forget to take something to forget Wink
Post 24 Jan 2007, 10:51
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
f0dder: don't mix reality and internet. We are building communism here or internet. It is natural for computers, that since you have one copy of app, everyone can have it without some extra effort. Those who try to prevent it, well... go on, if you can ensure it technically.

(hehe, and i am working in copy-protection company Laughing )
Post 24 Jan 2007, 11:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tantrikwizard

tantrikwizard
NTOSKRNL_VXE wrote:
Before Boreland reinvents the "Turbo", they should at least clean up
the mess with the old "Turbo"'s : release them into Freeware with
sources
Idea

That would be nice. They did this with Interbase 6.0 which was converted to Firebird http://www.firebirdsql.org The firebird guys made a great product out of a good one. The embedded version is just over 1 meg binary and includes all the bells and whistles of an industrial strength RDBMS.
Post 24 Jan 2007, 14:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
Quote:
1. NOT new (saw this issue many months ago )

NTOSKRNL_VXE - the original post was back in August .... Very Happy
Post 24 Jan 2007, 14:58
f0dder

f0dder
vid wrote:

f0dder: don't mix reality and internet. We are building communism here or internet. It is natural for computers, that since you have one copy of app, everyone can have it without some extra effort. Those who try to prevent it, well... go on, if you can ensure it technically.

Sure, digital goods are different from physical goods - you can make a 1:1 copy without destroying the original. And sure, a pirated copy isn't always a loss of sale. And sure, sometimes piracy has been a big benefit (windows and autocad wouldn't be where they are today without it).

But I'm a programmer, and I intend on making a living of that profession, so it ticks me off when people show blatant disrespect for copyright, especially at a programming forum.
Post 24 Jan 2007, 16:41
rugxulo

rugxulo
/me sends f0dder a farthing for all his hard work Wink
Post 25 Jan 2007, 01:41
shoorick

shoorick
fødder
i agree all work has to be enough compensated, but:
1.it was link to abandoneware site: who will use in commerce or will bye say win 1.2 now? and as you might note i had removed it exactly after you pointed.
2.my post intended as joke (i like joking Wink )
3.before blame people of former USSR you must know some:
when there was USSR it was not possible of free cush transfer via border, so we have official course: $1=0.85rbl (unavailable free) and black market course $1~10-15rbl. let's take me - i was student and receive 50rbl per month. we had own industry which covers about all we were need, so, if i had ~$4 - does not mean i was poor: i was pay for hostel 15rbls per year, bread costed 0.20 rbl etc. but when we were need to buy imported goods - it was exactly as you told: "i'll come to you and take all what you have"
foreign students, poor in their countries, were live here like kings (as they can bring something), and instead - i knew students, who took home containers of our usual goods: suppose, usual iron for dress were costed 7rbls - can you by any new similar in your country for $0.5?
after USSR was destructed - situation became even worse: our industry fallen into crisis, and we had to buy more imported good, which prices were same as in producting country.
what software set you would suggest to buy for the usual doctor who got $28 per month in 2000? (and have to live also to these money)
now level of prices here approached to the world prices, but anyway: we have $100 minimal month salary (including taxes), and a lot of people lives on these money, and wish to feel themselves as humans.
of course, not western country are responsible for such situation inside our country, but only our wise communist party. and piracy here still in high level, but become lower and lower as prices of software/movie/music become close and close to possible to buy to usual people.
i do not say our country is weak or stupid - it like a boxer after severe internal operation. and there are three doctors near: Europe, USA and Russia, which wish so we get up, but not to be a boxer again, just to be safe for them, and give us three incompatible treatment Very Happy but i do beleive in our people Wink
Post 25 Jan 2007, 07:02
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
similar situation here, in Slovakia (border country of Ukraine to west), just somewhat better. minimal salary 250$, average 500$. It's just not possible to buy US stuff (music, software, movies) for most of us.

f0dder: altough i believe in what i wrote there, it was kind-of joke too. Me with my opinions working in copy-protection company (but i like my work a lot, lot of asmery there)
Post 25 Jan 2007, 07:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
shoorick: there's different "levels" of abandonware. There's actually a few companies that say "okay, we don't care about this product anymore, feel free to copy it around"... and then there's the usual abandonware, which sited like vetus put up.

I understand your situation, living in a failed-but-improving society - it sucks that things have to be like that. Yes, you don't really have an option but to pirate; "You'll just have to do without" is pretty rough considering how important computer technology has become just about everywhere.

Now, where is the fasm board hosted? USA? While I don't think a small thing like this would cause any problems, do keep in mind that Tomasz can be held liable for the content on the fasmboard.
Post 25 Jan 2007, 10:44
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
f0dder: i think i have read site maintainer is not responsible for content, until he is officialy warned to remove it, or something like that. (in USA)
Post 25 Jan 2007, 11:18
DustWolf

DustWolf
OzzY wrote:
Wow! by watching this video I saw a feature that's really scary.
I used to say that Delphi writes codes for you, so it will not be optimal, because it's generated code.

I'm scared alright if it's as creative as Delphi's compiler.
Code:
shl eax,1
shl eax,1
shl eax,1

...was one of those things that made up my mind about wether or not to learn it.

OzzY wrote:
Now, that's scary! Programmers will be substituted soon by auto-generating-bloated-HLL-IDE's wizards!!!

I always thought that if Compilers were successors to Assemblers that the succesor to Compilers should be an Assembler with an IDE that makes all the difference.

FASM and it's macros are pretty close. Smile
Post 25 Jan 2007, 15:38
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MCD

MCD
I never like this old TASM because of its endless list of bugs, I only used it because I had no choice
Post 25 Jan 2007, 17:20
OzzY

OzzY
Great news!
The Turbo Explorer IDE's are really free! You can even install components and also it does not require the .NET framework to run (the IDE is Win32 application).

For details see here: http://beeography.wordpress.com/2006/09/12/just-wanna-let-you-know/

With few tweaks you get a better IDE than VC++ Express, more light-weight (removing .NET stuff) and fully free. Very Happy

I'll starting tweaking my Turbo C++ now. Laughing
Post 10 Feb 2007, 02:19
f0dder

f0dder
I'm not a big fan of the (recent) borland IDEs, all those windows are a mess IMHO. Their good old DOS IDEs rocked back in the day, but they pretty much lost if after that.

Haven't seen an IDE that I really like for a while... VS6 came close, the .net versions ruined it, but have enough useful stuff that I stick with it... *sigh*
Post 10 Feb 2007, 02:23

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: