flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > [DEAD] Jokes - cyrillic font test.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
"Ľaľa ho papľuha" is a phrase, used when you are going to point focus on someone, when he has done something. "papľuh" means something like "bad boy", in old-fashioned style. "ľaľa" is just singing sylab, like "nana" or "mh mh" Smile. It's was used in some parts of slovakia to express surprise. "ho" means "him". So it may be something like "Look at that rascal".

Second part means something like "whose kitsch are those carons and acutes"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caron
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_accent

this one was kinda' hard Wink
Post 16 Aug 2006, 08:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
english-only speakers can get some idea how complicated it is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak_language
Post 16 Aug 2006, 08:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
vid:
Yes, it was very difficult. It's 1:0 for You. Wink
Here I want to explain why I proposed such "strange" translations. I tried to depend on phonetic similarity between some Polish and Slovak words:

• Polish "paplać" = English "to talk (nonsense)",
  • Polish "papla" = English "someone talkative, clapper",
  • Polish "plucha" = English "rain, slob",
  • Polish "pluć" = English "to spit",
  • Polish "lać" = English "to pour",
  • Polish "chuć" = English "concupiscence, lust",
  • Polish "chęć" = English "will, willingness".

Your sentence shows, how different are our languages (Polish & Slovak) despite that we have hundreds of kilometres of common border.

Regards,
M.H.
Post 17 Aug 2006, 14:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
Ahoj MazeGen!

I will try to explain why this nonsense
Quote:
Too much golden horse
screams devil's songs.
may be translated (in my opinion) to
Quote:
If You are too good for someone, he will be ungrateful.
(I've just changed a little previous version).

If we "make too golden" i.e. "gild" someone or something, that mean we take care too much of sb or sth, we are too good for sb or sth, we overestimate sb or sth.
If somebody or something "screams devil's songs" then it is equal (in my opinion) to be grateful to devil, but not to us (i.e. sb or sth curse us).

We also could translate Your sentence as
William Shakespeare (The Merchant of Venice) wrote:
All that glistens is not gold.

Why? It is simple: golden (pretty) horse may be restive (bad).

Zdravím Vás,
M.H.
Post 17 Aug 2006, 15:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
shoorick

shoorick
hi, guys! i'm back - escaping from cyclon in Crimea Smile
i read mazegen's and vid's posts exactly before i went to the train and it was interesting to me to know what they mean exactly.

i had never learn other foregn language except english and never was abroad of (x)USSR. but as well as my native is russian, and also i know ukrainian, i was reading polish magazine "Modelarz" when i was a boy without dictionary. similar, i read later technical and medical literature in bulgarian. similar, i understand most words in slovak posts by vid, and it is hard to me to understand czech - ones i bought a book in czech but it left unread Smile
thus, "Příliš" i understood as "enough, stop it", as well as "oblish" in ukrainian. it seems, this word more close to russian "prilichno", but anyway not good translation.
to understand "ďábelské ódy" was easy Wink other in first post left unknown to me Smile
as well as "papluzhiti" in ukrainian means "to damage", "Ľaľa ho papľuha" i understood as something like "damn him" (in more soft form), like untranslatable "хай йому грець!" in ukr. Smile
"čí gýč vôbec sú mäkčene a dľžne" - i understood partially as eg "may be let it be so?" ("чи [може] так должно" - mixed ukr/rus). that is what i guessed Smile

when i was a schoolboy, it was strange to me: why we learn english, german, spanish and french and do not learn any other slavic language? the matter is usability - foregn langs are international. but, of course, to do so would be usefull to our language group. preferability of russian between other slavic - just because it is also international - many peoples except russian people know it (even some those who says "Моя не понимать" Very Happy )

btw, at the russian subforum of winasm studio forum you may use not only russian, but also other slavic languages, as mentioned in the subforum rules. i did not make it too explicite to have less troubles with moderation Very Happy short phrases more hard to guess, and easy to use for abusing Smile but in this case i may ask just to translate words or explain in other words to solve problem Wink

as well as relations between our peoples are sophistic due to many political and historical events, i supposed, we are here better persons of each own nation and all have a lot of good to learn for others.

Zdravim Vas Wink

Post 29 Aug 2006, 21:32
MHajduk

MHajduk
Привет Шурик!

Скажи, как Ты провёл каникулы в Криму? Отдохнул ли?
Здесь много произошло, когда Тебе не было с нами (vid стал новым модератором этого форума)! Smile

Поздравляю,
Николай Гайдук.
Post 30 Aug 2006, 10:03
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Příliš = too much

in Slovak it's Príliš Smile
czech and slovak are almost same, interesting you understand one but not other...
Post 30 Aug 2006, 10:35
shoorick

shoorick
MHajduk
Привет! отдохнул хорошо - фото позже Smile

vid
I'm also amzing Wink I think, if you were me, you could understand it Smile as well as i can not realise how most of russians can not understand ukrainian, while somebody think that ukrainian is wrong russian (it's not true, of course)

both: i also voted for vid-moderator Wink (hope, it will not mean that future posts in russian will be immediatelly translated to slovak Wink Very Happy )

btw, i have slovak-russian-slovak dictionary (it is not near me currently) - i bought it occasinally many years ago, and it appeared absolutely helpless to me as well it was printed in Slovakia (at 1947) and describes well russian grammar, but absolutely no slovak - if vid will give me his real adress - i'll try to send it to him as souvenire Wink

regards!

Post 30 Aug 2006, 13:20
shoorick

shoorick
vid
if you wish, i'll say this more correct: "i do not understand czech more then slovak" Very Happy
it can be just my not objective opinion as well i had not met czech and slovak texts too often: just sometimes i had visited webpages for some reasons (mostly searching documentation), met some instructions, etc. and noted, that to guess slovak text more easy to me then czech - i even differ them in this way: if i can understand - slovak, if not - czech Wink looks like joke, but has a part of truth
Post 30 Aug 2006, 13:41
MHajduk

MHajduk
This theme: http://www.wasm.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10308 is the real treasury of Russian coders' humour. There You may have a look at present Russian language with all its quibbles. Very Happy

Regards,
M.H.
Post 14 Sep 2006, 10:54

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: