flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > fasm and vista

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
cl /O1 mostfiles.cpp" - the issue is more about writing non-crap code and not using bloated libraries/frameworks IMHO.

agree on the issue, but not about the optimization Razz
btw, even STL is bloated. or, from what i heard, even C++ SEH code makes lot of overhead
Post 25 Jul 2006, 16:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
vid wrote:
Quote:
cl /O1 mostfiles.cpp" - the issue is more about writing non-crap code and not using bloated libraries/frameworks IMHO.

agree on the issue, but not about the optimization Razz
btw, even STL is bloated. or, from what i heard, even C++ SEH code makes lot of overhead

Indeed... To say the least... lol And some of it is just plain horribly written to begin with...

Quote:
Scepticism and a little paranoia is healthy for you. This is an outright silly conspiracy theory, though. Any serious comp.sci. isn't focused on windows, never have been, never will be. hi-school programming courses are usually a joke, get over it.

For a joke, enough people get hired for it. I see alot more C++ job openings than assembly. The problem is that the joke is going way too far. And if people can get away with this, the "conspiracy theory" isn't neccesarily far from reality. Lemme point out that i'm in a country that beleives that the more files you have on your computer, the slower it runs. And that about 25 jpegs (or less at 640 x 480) will make your computer run noticablly slower. And despite how many victims there are of norton still, some "smart people" use mcafee, or whatever it's called, which is pretty much the same as norton, only difference is that it dosn't embed itself to your OS in a way that you loose internet access and have to reformat when you uninstall it. You think that Microsoft won't be able to pull such a thing off in my country? A family i know in south korea happens to be a perfect example... The little girl wants to learn japanese, i send her lesson 1. It gets deleted because "It's what is making the computer so slow" when the lesson is a simple .txt file with 8-bit UTF encoding. It also consists of 2 mp3 files at VBR quality even though they're not even a minute long... A grand total of 3,223,651 bytes (3.07 MB) is "dramatically slowing" down a computer, when it has the ability to run Windows XP with absolutely no problem at all. Anyone else smell stupidity in this world?

Quote:
Yeah well, how many people interested in MenuetOS do you count? Interested as in actively involved in some way, whether it be kernel or application developers. A hundred? That's not a lot of interest.

Most don't know of MenuetOS... Even i didn't till i came here. I'm sure the ones i know who are intrested are too afraid of assembly to help, though... Too many rumors about it... Which, are all fake, of course.
Post 25 Jul 2006, 18:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Dex4u

Dex4u
Quote:
Weird. Did you use non-standard library functions? Or just write some very whacked-out code? Smile
Not my code, but the code in C tuts, i was learning on Wink .
Post 25 Jul 2006, 21:07
kohlrak

kohlrak
WINAPI? lol I often see alot of winapi tutorials that never compile. Even alot of direct x code.
Post 25 Jul 2006, 21:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: