flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Windows > Changing BGColor of Edit-Fields

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kasake36

kasake36
Hello! I want to change the background-color of an disabled EDIT-Box. I need this for a time-field, like the one you get when changing the date and time by doubleclicking on the current time in the Windows-taskbar.

Such a time-field consist of a disabled EDIT-Field in the background, which provides the border. Inside this EDIT-Field there is another EDIT-Field without border for the hour-input, and another borderless EDIT-Field for the minute-input. These enabled EDIT-Fields are seperated by a STATIC-Text-field containing the ":".

I'm new to debugging and tried to use OllyDbg to debug this Microsoft date/time-changer program, but can't find out how they did...? There are several painting instruction, the most possible one to me seems to be FillRect and/or SetBkColor...

Inside the Fresh-IDE->Options->EditorOptions there's such a edit-field that get's colored... by sending a FM_SETCOLOR message, which is not defined in the standard FASMW...

Thx for your help!
Post 04 May 2006, 08:03
shoorick

shoorick
there is a two ways to do it:
1.process WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message, sent by disabled/readonly editbox, and set colors to it.
2.cheating: send WM_ENABLE to it - it will became look like enabled, but stay readonly (i'm using this - i had no yet trouble with this, but it possible can lead to wrong behavior, of course Wink )

regards
Post 04 May 2006, 08:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kasake36

kasake36
I just tried WM_ENABLE, and it rocks Smile Thank you!!
Post 04 May 2006, 08:57

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: