flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > logic with no why.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
imagine, given a number from 0 to 9,
then ask a person to choose one number out of it within 3 seconds.

after that, ask the person why he choose that number

~ most people would say, i don't know, i just simply choose.

so, if he doesn't know why he choose that number, then who choose that number? anyone know?
Post 25 Apr 2006, 15:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Artlav

Artlav
He choose it.
It depends on what he was thinking about now and just before, his concerns, his state of mind.
His cousciousness didn't registered the reason, but it was within.
Post 26 Apr 2006, 06:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
if you say to him "3 seconds" then it actually moves him closer to the answer - the answer he gave you is very much related to number 3 in his mind - "When I was 3 years old, I had only two toys" and he gives you "2".

Or 3+3=6 Smile i.e. for whatever reason his conciousness reveals the number to him somehow and he even doesn't know it.

It is the exact way RANDOMNESS works on computers. It has a pseudo random number and if you give the generator a SEED (3 from the 3 seconds) and then take a modulus on 10 (with is in the range 0..9) then you get SOME answer - which seems RANDOM, like a person would say. Of course neither of them is purely random.
Post 26 Apr 2006, 06:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
dreamhack

dreamhack
vbVeryBeginner, you rule with your nice philosophic topics Wink
i think that there are not random things in the world, everything is based
on something and if there would be random things then there would be just chaos in the world... everything is based on interaction, even now i influence your fate from long distance, coz you are reading now my reply but you could do something else at this moment if i would not write this reply...

the future exists to be unpredictable...
that is the meaning of life, to learn your future, your life would not have any meaning if you would know what would happen tommorow, it is like watching a movie twice...
Post 03 Jul 2006, 23:44
Borsuc

Borsuc
It's not that simple to predict future human behavior, because we are creatures of free will, that means we decide what to do next (i.e not like atoms or other laws that don't "think"). If we go back in time, then it means everything will happen just as before, but because of our free will, we could do something else instead, so we change the future.

Randomness "appears" to be happening because of our will. At least, my opinion Smile
Post 04 Jul 2006, 13:02
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
you just influenced my fate!, dreamhack :p
(the moment i read ur post, then i sit about few minutes to reply), if u didn't post, then i wouldn't here to reply) and probably do something else. maybe i visit some other web, and maybe i read someting new, and eventually download a .chm files that contained virus. Very Happy

to much chain reactions, if i didn't start this thread, then u couldn't reply (well, i change ur fate too! :p)

it seems like everybody could modify everybody :p :p
let us start a few more thread to modify others people fate :p

wait ... does God knows i would start a few more threads to modify others people fate Idea
Post 04 Jul 2006, 13:53
dreamhack

dreamhack
everything is interaction and chemical reaction... but who cares Wink
Post 05 Jul 2006, 22:36
HyperVista

HyperVista
now you guys are touching on chaos theory and law of unintended consequences. you need to find and watch the movie "Butterfly Effect" (very cool movie about a fellow who can move back in time and change his future, many times) Cool
Post 06 Jul 2006, 01:24
zhak

zhak
Yea, the movie is great. My mouth was open wide when I was watching it for the first time...
Post 06 Jul 2006, 06:34
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
i still remembered the scary scenes, the kid hold a knife in kitchen and the picture he drew during class. (and the fat kid killed one of his friend eventhough the dog was saved ~ really surprise me) my mouth was like zhak, open wide when the fat kid killed his friend.
Post 06 Jul 2006, 07:57

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: