flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Programming and jobs

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
OzzY

OzzY
After looking at job offers at my university I was think about something...
Why do companies preffer Java/Delphi/.NET programmers today?

I just can't understand this. Why a person who just program in these bloated languages/environments are better than pure C/ASM programmers who can do the same things more optimized?
Post 17 Apr 2006, 00:51
UCM

UCM
Those companies want to make money (duh); they are compelled to believe that Java/Delphi/.NET is the better choice 'cause the user "won't notice" (because they are "used to it from other companies") and it is "faster to develop" because they are "easier to develop". They usually won't realize an experienced C/ASM programmer can program as fast as a Java/Delphi/.NET programmer.
Post 17 Apr 2006, 01:25
veach1

veach1
Most (almost all) bosses can`t see any difference between anything related to computers, they just don`n know (and as result don`t understand) alike things.
For example my boss thought that php scripts should be compiled. It`s not funny, it`s very sad to realise that what you call "the Art" they just call "make it faster and I`ll gain more money".
One more thing is that bosses beleive in advertising. If m$ tells them ".net is the best dev enviroment ever" - they just beleive and force their progrrammers to migrate, ".net or find another job"
Post 17 Apr 2006, 07:15
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
veach wrote:
make it faster and I`ll gain more money

Rolling Eyes so true Laughing

basically, most people only care what he/she loves.
for boss, they care about $$, opporturnity, market, people who willing to obey them, what new company products/stuffs to announce/showing to their friends when all bosses gather around for a chat (shame if they got nothing new - coz they couldn't create a topic and need to join others topic) lmao. main goal -> let more people know they are boss and they manage the company well.

for programmers, they care about making a better code, a bugless code, a better algo, a better art of coding and etc.

for lame programmers, they care about what i would buy once i got my salary in the end of the month, how to spend the money, how many days till end of month and so on.

it could be just, everbody care on different person/stuffs/matter, it could be like personA cares about his girlfriend more than anyone else care about the girl and so on.

OzzY wrote:
I just can't understand this. Why a person who just program in these bloated languages/environments are better than pure C/ASM programmers who can do the same things more optimized?

the boss just follows the market. if i took a c/asm programmer today and handle a project to them, if it turns out successfully, well, probably they would say, well, coz you used c/asm programmer, well, if it turns out bad, or project failed, they would say the boss is stupid, why he so stubborn, he should follow the market and using .NET programmer instead.

people hate to be called stupid, (so as the boss), so the best tactic is, follow the market, even if project failed, people wouldn't say you are stupid.

most people just follow and waiting and then follow. Laughing
try gather a 40 person and ask them to stand up (when you let say, put your left arm up) add 5 person into the crowd.

usually, the 5 person (would stand up also) Laughing lmao
Post 17 Apr 2006, 08:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
veach1

veach1
Quote:
most people just follow and waiting and then follow

I`ve heared the noun defining the above, not "people" but "sheeple" (comes from sheep). I`m not using this word, but sometimes it exactly explains what I see. Sad
Post 17 Apr 2006, 11:03

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: