flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Finding no-longer-necessary attachments

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Matrix

Matrix
fractal compression of the images whould help too, in most cases, but there isn't such program i know now,,,,,,
oh, and don't posting unneccesary images...,
10kb little image takes same space as 10 - 1 kb text posts.

compressing the database could help disk space, but it whould consume much cpu power at the server.
Post 12 Apr 2006, 19:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RedGhost

RedGhost
vid wrote:
by the way, is the site somehow rated by "clickthroughness" of ads? I mean - more clicks, more bandwidth and space. IF there is something like that we could surely make few clicks Smile

come to think of it i have never clicked an ad on this site from failing to realize they generate money which fuels FASM (it's obvious i just overlooked it) i will start clicking now Razz

Post 13 Apr 2006, 07:53
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
rugxulo

rugxulo
Try compressing similar files together either manually or via a list of filenames sorted by extention (this is what ESP did back in the day). This method should save some space in any solid format. In fact, zip -0Sjm myzip *.* and then zip -9m finalzip myzip.zip will compress like it's a solid archive anyways.

gzip -d should even uncompress the outer .ZIP file at least (just tested this with DJGPP's port of 1.3.5, and it seems to only work if you rename it to .TGZ first). I know this tip doesn't help, but it's cool to know! Razz

[EDIT]
Okay, I recompressed two of my attachments with 7-Zip, so that saved about 40k. Smile

P.S. What archive formats does this forum support? I only know of .ZIP, .RAR, and .7Z ... is that all??
[/EDIT]

Last edited by rugxulo on 11 Sep 2006, 23:15; edited 2 times in total
Post 13 Apr 2006, 13:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
shoorick

shoorick
Post 06 May 2006, 05:04
rugxulo

rugxulo
http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/comp-readme.html

Quote:

AdvanceCOMP is a collection of recompression utilities for your .ZIP archives, .PNG snapshots, .MNG video clips and .GZ files.

The main features are :

* Recompress ZIP, GZ, PNG and MNG files using the Deflate 7-Zip implementation.
* Recompress MNG files using Delta and Move optimization.

Binaries (Pentium or better) are available for DOS or Win32, source is available for others.
Post 11 Sep 2006, 23:11
Octavio

Octavio
is there a easy way to delete all attachements?
my files are outdated and can be deleted all, but i'm to lazzy to edit all my posts one by one.
Post 24 Jul 2007, 23:51
rugxulo

rugxulo
Click on "profile" then "User Attachment Control Panel" then check the ones you want to delete and click "Delete Marked" at bottom.
Post 25 Jul 2007, 06:23
Octavio

Octavio
rugxulo wrote:
Click on "profile" then "User Attachment Control Panel" then check the ones you want to delete and click "Delete Marked" at bottom.
thanks, donĀ“t know why i did not see this before.
Post 25 Jul 2007, 09:10

Following Tomasz's advice I deleted my only attachment (20+ KBs).
Post 26 Jul 2007, 04:05

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: