flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Updated personal website

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Chewy509

Chewy509
Just a quick note, that I've been playing with updating my personal website: http://chewy509.atspace.com/index.html

Basically I've added the ability (via javascript) to modify the selected style sheet on the fly, as well as change the font and font size... (Controls are on the top right of the screen). If anyone wants the JS code and CSS samples, just let me know...

Comments and suggestions are welcome! Very Happy
Post 24 Mar 2006, 02:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
idk, but ur web doesn't seem to accessible.
Post 24 Mar 2006, 04:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chewy509

Chewy509
vbVeryBeginner wrote:
idk, but ur web doesn't seem to accessible.

Seems okay to me? What error are you getting? What browser?
Post 24 Mar 2006, 05:07
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Maybe you retrieve a cached copy? try http://chewy509.atspace.com/index.html?252453252

252453252 is just a random number, since index.html and index.html?252453252 are different objects you must retrieve a fresh copy.

Chewy509, if your hosting allows the use of PHP please try to make your index page a PHP, transparent proxies tend to store HTML pages on cache disk. This happens because HTML (and other non dinamic content files) sends the header Last-Modified and the proxies usually applies an algorithm based on that header and the Date header to determinate the freshness of the cache copy. There is no problem if you change index.html in shorts periods of time but otherwise you are risking that some users retrieve cached copy.

Ah and please, don't think that using those meta tags commonly used to prevent caching works, those meta tags only instructs the browser to no cache the object but proxies don't read inside the html so they simply ignore your suggestion of no cache. Of course if there is no proxy on the path the no cache meta tags works.

BTW, nice work with the handling of styles using JavaScript Very Happy
In my computer works for both, MSIE 6.0 and Opera 8.5

Regards
Post 24 Mar 2006, 05:39
Chewy509

Chewy509
Unfortunately, it's a free webhost, so no PHP, or anything other than static HTML... (not even SSI). Can't really complain, as it's not costing me anything.

PS. I know about the meta tags not working with most proxies... found out the hard way a few years ago.
Post 24 Mar 2006, 06:31
RedGhost

RedGhost
i like the look of the site, tried all the links all seemed to work fine except nilhil-src.zip (http://chewy509.atspace.com/nihil-src.zip) which took me to an ad page
Post 24 Mar 2006, 09:38
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Did you try 100webspace? It has PHP, MySQL and other stuff. I found it really good, it has some limitations though, but you can break those limitations by using readfile in a PHP Very Happy
Post 24 Mar 2006, 14:02
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
Quote:
Seems okay to me? What error are you getting? What browser?

i couldn't even connect to atspace.com
it seems that they block my country ip address.

i try to view ur site through US ip and i got it.
Post 25 Mar 2006, 00:36
Chewy509

Chewy509
RedGhost wrote:
i like the look of the site, tried all the links all seemed to work fine except nilhil-src.zip (http://chewy509.atspace.com/nihil-src.zip) which took me to an ad page

Fixed the link - so should now work. (Damn case-sensitivity).
Post 26 Mar 2006, 23:35

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: