flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Main > Evil idea

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
evil_coder_91

evil_coder_91
I want to write a virus in asm. This is going to be entirely harmless, all it will do is scan hard drives, usb drives, and other such devices. It will scan for executable programs and will then search the program for a copy of itself, if no copy is found, it will add itself to the code. Afterwards it will do this again and again. What is your opinion of this?
Post 16 Apr 2007, 23:31
HyperVista

HyperVista
Juvenile! Confused
Post 17 Apr 2007, 00:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OzzY

OzzY
If it's going to be done for educational purposes only and testing on your own system, go ahead.
If you want to destroy/infect someone's else system don't do it! Waste your time coding something usefull for people. Maybe some virus removal tool if you like viruses?

Try to search for virus zines over the internet.
Viruses are good resource for learning low-level stuff.

But don't be a lammer spreading your creations. You would be just getting yourself into trouble.

You've been adviced.
Post 17 Apr 2007, 01:02
Garthower

Garthower
2evil_coder_91: is you understand russian, go to http://wasm.ru. There are many materials about it.
Post 17 Apr 2007, 06:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
TmX

TmX
evil_coder_91, I suggest you make it multiplatform so it can run in Linux & BSD as well as in Windows Wink

LOL
Post 17 Apr 2007, 08:07
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
look for: "40hex", "29A", "VLAD", ....
Post 17 Apr 2007, 08:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
shoorick

shoorick
if all other problems are solved and there is no more anything good to do or optimize - then agree, "harmless" virus become usefull.
Post 17 Apr 2007, 09:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
zir_blazer

zir_blazer
If you want to be an "Evil guy", learn Assembler to join a russian cracking army, writing viruses is useless.
Post 17 Apr 2007, 09:30
Daedalus

Daedalus
I don't totally agree with you. You could make some kind of "life" on your pc using vx. I mean, basicly it's only AI. Nothing more, nothing less.

For instance, you could program two. A male and female. Only if they connect to each other through sockets and the male guesses the female phrase (3 letter combo, 20 guesses max a day, changes every week) and ONLY then they produce a little vx that becomes mature after x hours and such..

No, I must say I really like virus writing. Not for their harmful payloads and zombie networks, but because you would be able to simulate some _very_ simple lifeforms. Smile

You can even make them play games by one trying to hide in the system memory or in files, whatever, the other must find him.. You know, it's good stuff I think.
Post 17 Apr 2007, 14:47
evil_coder_91

evil_coder_91
I agree, it is like AI. I dont want to get in to trouble. Also what do russian cracking armies do?
Post 20 Apr 2007, 22:31
f0dder

f0dder
Forget viruses, it's lame... True, some viruses incorporate interesting technology like code morphing engines, but you can use those for other stuff instead, like executable compression.

If you want to simulate lifeforms, look up stuff like robot wars, core wars, myrekrig. More interesting, less lameness factor.
Post 21 Apr 2007, 22:57
kohlrak

kohlrak
Yea, they are lame. I've made a few in the past but never wanted to use them. I have better ways of getting even or just plain taking my stress out on some one.

Daedalus... I should do that. I should make a little emulator thing for them to harmlessly run through, then make them so they can reproduce, have higher and lower life forms do things wiht them, and even have virus life forms alter their DNA just like with real viruses... Sadly, though, that would take alot of CPU...
Post 22 Apr 2007, 02:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
m

m
Asm coders were GODs of DOS, what about new OSes ?

Post 28 Apr 2007, 19:04
f0dder

f0dder
Gods?

*giggle*
Post 29 Apr 2007, 08:22
m

m
f0dder wrote:
Gods?

*giggle*
Cool i mean asm coders had full control on DOS !

Post 29 Apr 2007, 09:00
edfed

edfed
you want to make a virus
ok but if i cross it one day i'll kill you
your idea is a shit
a big shit
you better have to make a code who repair systems not destroy
terrorist
fuck your idea
the world is full of guys like you and i hate this[/i]

Post 26 Jun 2007, 13:33
Garthower

Garthower
edfed wrote:
you want to make a virus
ok but if i cross it one day i'll kill you
your idea is a shit
a big shit
you better have to make a code who repair systems not destroy
terrorist
fuck your idea
the world is full of guys like you and i hate this[/i]

Ё, малолетний задрот. If to clean pathos from m and from other kids, from the point of view of the "adult person" interest to virus technologies represents from the point of view of technologies instead of to make damage. In fact how to provide counteraction, not knowing anything about action? You heard something about "white" hackers? At first study the information, and then you will speak pathosly about world peace.
Post 26 Jun 2007, 13:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
Garthower: the original poster chose the topic "Evil idea" for this thread - that says enough about intent to judge the person.
Post 26 Jun 2007, 14:09
edfed

edfed
there is no judging
only i exprim my opinion
why create destructive code?
it's more usefull to create undestructible code
Post 26 Jun 2007, 14:14
Garthower

Garthower
f0dder
But where the oroginal poster white what he wants to make damage? Text of topic "Evil idea" nothing designates, in it there is no occasion for threats and insults. If someone wishes to prevent bad, let simply does not give any information about it.

edfed
Virus technologies are not only a writing of a code for damage. All much more deeply and more widely. I'll repeat - collect more information about this question.
Post 26 Jun 2007, 14:22

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: