Message board for the users of flat assembler.
> Heap > Custom UI
not sure if this is the right forum as this post contans bits that belong to one forum and bits that belong to another, however the main one was whether my ui looks good or not, so therefore i placed it here. for my application i've spent the last week making my own user interface. however there are a few things i am unable to test .
1. does my UI look good? do you like the silvery blue background? should i give it the always on top? .etc
2. does the window flicker when moved, i had drawn it all in bits and pieces and i've heard that if not done right it flickers . i can only see a very slight flicker on my machine and i'd say my comp is rather fast. i'd like to know if you people with slow systems (under 800Mhz or something like that) if it flickers or not.
3. for the WM_LBUTTONDOWN message i used a rather long conditional chunk of code to see if the user had clicked the minimize or maximize buttons. is there a more efficient way of doing this?
invoke PostMessage,[hwnddlg],WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, 2h, 0 invoke GetCursorPos,pt invoke ScreenToClient,[hwnddlg],pt cmp [pt.x],230 ;is it far right enough? jae above cmp [pt.x],218 ;is it far right enough? jae farenough jmp processed farenough: cmp [pt.x],227 ; is it too far right? jbe nottoofarright jmp processed nottoofarright: cmp [pt.y],7 ; is it far down enough? jae itsfardownenough jmp processed itsfardownenough: cmp [pt.y],17 ;is it too far down? jbe hoveringonminimize jmp processed hoveringonminimize: invoke ShowWindow,[hwnddlg],SW_MINIMIZE jmp processed above: cmp [pt.x],240 ;is it too far right? jbe nottoofar jmp processed nottoofar: cmp [pt.y],7 ;is it far down enough? jae itslowdownenough jmp processed itslowdownenough: cmp [pt.y],17 ;is it too far down? jbe justright jmp processed justright: jmp wmclose
4. how can i make the sections of a listbox have a larger height?
5. should i bother making the minimize and maximize buttons look different when the mouse hovers over them (i tried and failed misereably therefore i gave up ).
btw the buttons look really crap on systems not running winXP , also with WINXP on the classic style. im going to draw some half-decent buttons that look good on all windows systems when i can be bothered.
|17 Feb 2006, 17:18||
< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on YouTube, Twitter.
Website powered by rwasa.