flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Collecting interesting threads

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
I was requesting this more times,

There could be some sticky thread in each section, which will list interesting topics, like

Main: listing feature, ARM extension, "mov" vs. "xor" (speed issue), vocabulary
OS-dev: drivers (floppy, keyboard), unreal mode, bootup code rules
preprocessor: it has something like this in FAQ, but more would be nice (optimization macros)

It would be best if these linked threads would be heavily moderated so there won't be any useless posts, or everything important would be collected into first posts (like in FAQs). So for some things we could start new threads.

What I want is some set of FASM-based "articles" which everyone can easily find and read without having to read 90% of useless chat.
Post 07 Feb 2006, 11:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
You can post the links into interesting threads as an additional posts into FAQ threads - and when some moderator adds the links to the first (official) FAQ post, he may remove the additional posts when they are no longer needed.
Post 07 Feb 2006, 13:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
okay.

but i am not sure if this belongs right to FAQ... like "Generating image with FASM", or "Extending FASM for ARM" isn't exactly "Frequently Asked Question". But it may work...
Post 07 Feb 2006, 13:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
vid wrote:
preprocessor: it has something like this in FAQ, but more would be nice (optimization macros)
well, i designed that 'pk' macro for optimization primarily, maybe add to 'optimization' macro or show newcomers something about irp and how it can traverse a list of parameters? or how to maintain lists and use match? i don't know, but it was a learning experience for me Very Happy

vid wrote:
"mov" vs. "xor" (speed issue)
regarding this, is mov reg, reg0 faster than xor reg, reg (reg0 is 0)? i've always wondered.
Post 08 Feb 2006, 12:35
decard

decard
Maybe there sould be some sticky post in "Projects and Ideas" for that purpose?
Post 08 Feb 2006, 12:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
The_Grey_Beast wrote:
regarding this, is mov reg, reg0 faster than xor reg, reg (reg0 is 0)? i've always wondered.

Post in that thread

decard: i am not sure if it is the best place... i think FAQ may work, altough it doesn't literaly belong there
Post 08 Feb 2006, 13:02
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
We could make some dedicated thread in the "Main", I'm only afraid of making too much sticky threads there...

However I can make flat assembler release thread a normal one and it could only be linked from such a "link center", which would be the sticky on top. Perhaps the same could be done with IRC thread.
Post 08 Feb 2006, 15:07
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
However I can make flat assembler release thread a normal one and it could only be linked from such a "link center", which would be the sticky on top. Perhaps the same could be done with IRC thread.

I was thinking of same thing.
Post 08 Feb 2006, 15:17
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
how bout create a closed wiki and let the ops to trasffer the nice and informative article to wiki. so users or people who want to use fasm could get more organized information.

of course, this kinda stuffs would consume many human time, so maybe doing it topic by topic?

just a suggestion.
Post 17 Feb 2006, 01:59

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: